Direct arm work

How much direct arm work are you doing? A whole day devoted to the guns? A little here, a little there? What tips and secrets help you grow your arms?

Attached: 2D592631-CC25-4299-A0BE-7D034314A9F2.jpg (302x320, 38K)

almost none

After years of belittling curlbros and having 15inch arms from rows and benching, I decided to buckle down and get the fuck to it. Push days I will do french press either EZ bar or DB. Then move on to more pushing exercises. I will finish with some cable pushdowns, usually in a pyramid. Find a grip attachment that lets you get a good pump. Curls same general strategy.
It is working.

Do you try to increase weight consistently with these movements, or go more with pump/feel per session?

Big arms are pretty much all I got going on my dyel body, not sure why probably just genetics but fuck it I'll share what I do.
>Close grip curls, 70lbs repped out to failure
>Set barbell down, immediately pick back up
>Far grip, rep it out to failure
>Set down, rest 1-2 minutes
>Repeat until arms feel like they are gonna die
Obviously if 70 is too heavy to get repped go lighter, or if its too light go heavier.

That is honestly all I do for arms, have no pics but my arms are slightly under 15 inches unflexed. I highly doubt it is due to my program or diet, both of which I am very inconsistent on. It is probably 100% genetics but figured fuck it may as well share it.

Make a mental note of when something is too easy and I will just continue to get a pump. Next time I will bump it up.

Just reverse curls for forearms. Arms get enough workout from compounds

>Close grip curls, 70lbs repped out to failure
>Set barbell down, immediately pick back up
>Far grip, rep it out to failure
heh, this is one of my favourite bicep exercises, except I do it reversed, wipe grip, then narrow.
another killer is
>close grip chinups, 10 reps
>incline bench db curls, 10 reps
>standing hammer curls, 10 reps
I only use 15 or 20lb dumbbells and this fucking BURNS. Great pump.

Former armlet, arms were 13" @135lbs. Arms are now 17" @190lbs. Heaviest weight was 210lbs. I train direct arm work at least 3x a week. 100-200 reps a week for bi's, tri's and delts.

who /farmer holds/ here?

I've made massive forearm gains, specially when gripping the thick side of the barbell

Attached: 1525216464264.jpg (768x1024, 144K)

That giant set sounds killer, I'll need to try that sometime.

I used to have an "arm day" but I chose to get serious about a program and now im barely doing direct arm work. Arms have gotten smaller. Programs are memes

On B days I add 3x12 curls and skullcrushers.

Two full body workout per week with low reps

I do an arm workout between the full bodies

CG DB Press
EZ Curls
Skull crushers
Reverse Curls
Wrist curls

Preacher curls are the goat

none. used to make curls (12x36kg (2x18kg dumbbells)), but now i do weighted chin-ups every week once or twice so i don't bother. triceps isolate exercises are a meme for me.

arm work is all i do

Attached: 1496985186737.png (554x400, 52K)

Gib tris and delts routine pls.

i do the 5 big compounds, and 1 barbell bicep curl 5x5, have 16.5" arms, so it seems to work

Wrist roller daily along with abs.
Full body workout 3 times a week including
>Wide grip push-up
>Preacher curls (ez bar)
>dumbbell press (bench and incline)
>dumbbell squat clean overhead press
>Kettle-bell around-the-worlds
>Kettle-bell Farmers carry
>Rowing machine
There are more, but those are the ones that activate arms in some way. Only the roller, push-ups and curls are actually isolating the arms.

Attached: 81qcLD3gYkL._SL1500_.jpg (1496x1500, 112K)

curls and tricep work 2-3x a week, usually 4-5 sets of each

C'MON!

Attached: rich-piana-8-hour-arm-workout.jpg (960x960, 92K)

Got that backwards, it's diamond push-ups for triceps.