/fast/ - #258 - Skeleton Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of snake juice fasting, dry fasting, OMAD, OMAW, AFD and IF (Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

See your doctor before fasting if you have any sort of chronic illness (type 1 diabetes, malnourished, underweight, pregnant, breastfeeding)

>How do I safely do an extended fast (approx. 4-5+ days)
New snake juice recipe here - youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM

>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max (NoSalt/LoSalt are high potassium-low sodium salts available in grocery stores or Amazon and the like)
Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day. The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional but recommended for 10+ day fasts.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (4% or less).

>Can I workout?
Yes. But don't overdo it.

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
Black, unsweetened coffee and tea - YES!
Diet drinks and artificial sweeteners are debatable (continuously)

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No. Fat burning provides sufficient vitamins

Attached: 2343243242.jpg (569x600, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qh52nICcfb4
bulkpowders.co.uk/electrolyte-powder.html
youtube.com/watch?v=fBGWtVOKTkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous Thread

I'm currently 195 and after debating it for a while, I've decided to fast down to 170 and then switch to an OMAD schedule while lifting to put on muscle. Had a couple questions.

1. How long would it take to lose this much, roughly?

2. Can I lift and do cardio while I do this?

3. Anything I should take or be aware of besides taking salts?

I intend to fast until I'm at my goal weight.

>Ate a fucking brownie
Goddamn. Shit was fucking rubbery and goopy. I actually contemplated puking the half that I ate up, before realizing I might accidentally give myself a real eating disorder.
Fuck this, man.
I let myself be deceived.
Don't eat.

Attached: SLOW.png (196x165, 10K)

What's your height and bf%? It's likely you'll want to fast further after you've hit 170. 20lbs, that's less than a month, with periods of prolonged fasting. You can cardio on prolonged fasts, lifting is a little different especially if you want to make gains since you'll have to eat after lifting. Some people say they make gains, some people say they lose them on a prolonged fast. Just be careful with your kidneys, and make sure you take the baking soda.

I'm 6'3. Not sure what my bf% is but I assume it must be fairly high, I don't have a lot of muscle.

> Just be careful with your kidneys, and make sure you take the baking soda.

How often do you think I should?

Also, as one last question: is it safe to do sprints on a fast?

good morning lads
I‘m planning on starting to fast from sunday night to friday evening and 20:4 on weekends for a few weeks, I assume this is perfectly possible without snake juice.
Is there any guide on what I should eat on the weekends to get all the micros?

Attached: 73D99CEE-26C8-4D71-A5DA-9932D99D2C7A.jpg (3024x4032, 2.04M)

Mix the baking soda in your snake juice and drink it whenever you feel like it. Sprints are okay. Just keep your snake juice handy. You'll need the electrolytes.

Definitely possible without snake juice but I imagine snake juice would make it much smoother.

Alright will do, thanks for the advice. I'm going to start the fast officially pretty much right now. I'll keep checking in to the general here as I do so.

What about lemon juice for Vitamin C? Or can I just mix some Vit C powder in water and chug it. Also, does ACV help or hinder a fast?

>170lbs at 6,3
For what purpose?
If you are new to lifting and sport in general, just IF for discipline gains and maybe do 1-2 24-36h fasts per week for regeneration. First do easy runs while fasted for 5-8km and then slowly increase that to 15-20km. Then you can go for more intensity. Then sprinting is safe while fasted but should be followed up by a refeed. It's harder on your body than lifting, especially if done on flat asphalt. It just depletes your energy and stresses your joints and if you don't eat, you won't make any gains. If you want to burn some extra cals, go for low intensity.

who does one need baking soda?

Is it okay to take 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar or is that breaking fast?

>For what purpose?

I've always hated not having visible abs and having fat on my thighs. I'm not "fat", but I want to see what being truly skinny feels like as I've wanted to since I was a kid. One of my best friends is my exact height and he's incredibly skinny, looks great. I asked him how much he weighed and he said around 170. I also think my face would look better the leaner I get.

I'm not looking to make gains while fasted necessarily, although that would be great, just looking to maintain what I have. I'll definitely go easy on the exercise. I'm thinking about mixing in some 2day dryfasts here and there so hopefully I hit 170 quick.

Someone recommended to fast on weekend and restrict eating window on week days.

Just saying thanks to that guy. I'm now eating a lot healthy and not snacking on junk all the time. Started to eat vegetables to break fast.

Not only that, but for the past two months been able to sleep at 10pm. Seems like not shoving a bunch of food into your system at 9pm> makes it easy to sleep.

I still need to join the gym through. Which, is good as I thought you needed to do a ton of exercise to lose weight, but that seems to be a myth. It was me eating like a pig all the time that was the problem.

You can just take a vit c pill daily if you're worried about that. Just make sure its not the chewable kind, that probably has sugar in it. The apple cider vinegar is supposed to help with the absorption of the minerals, which is beneficial in the fast.
The old recipe called for baking soda to neutralize the acid from Apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Now, it's made its way into the new recipe to protect the kidneys during a fast. Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, which the body uses to buffer acids in the blood. Ketones are slightly acidic, and so are the nitrogenous wastes that your kidneys are supposed to filter out. Fasting, especially if you're not drinking water could put you in an acidic state, which is bad for the kidneys. Baking soda is taken to prevent that.

Don't fucking work out if you're not drinking snake juice

How long can you go without needing baking soda?
I mainly fast for 30 hours with occasional 4 day fast for protein recycling.
I have water with sodium and potassium which I sip on when ever I feel I am getting too dehydrated. (about 1.3L a day)
How would my kidneys be holding out?

I'm 13 hours in (which was just 8 hours sleeping) I don't know if i should pull 24 hours or 48 hours my first time. I don't have any snek juice on hand, so i'm only drinking normal water atm.
This is my first time. I should be fine tho.

Alright fuck it, I'm back. I need to know, can I smoke while fasting? Gonna be tough to give up if I can't.

Losing 15 lbs in 14 days of water fast possible? I've lost almost 30 lbs so far through normal cutting, but my deadline is in 14 days and I really want to make my goal.

Attached: 1523388412870.gif (199x187, 1.09M)

Of course. Just burn 3,536 calories per day.

Give up smoking whilst fasting. Makes day 2+ so, so much easier.

I thought he was just some anglo-sphere bloke pretending

Fasting proves CICO is a myth. You can lose far more weight than your tdee.

You really hate the taste of baking soda huh? I guess you should be okay. The main cause of kidney problems are high blood pressure and diabetes anyway. Baking soda is more preventative really. Just watch out for flank and or blood in the urine. A teaspoon is even more than what doctors prescribe for people with kidney problems so you don't really have to take a lot anyway.

I agree that fasting is superior to CICO because it doesn't fuck up your metabolism, but it doesn't "prove CICO is a myth".

The First Law of Thermodynamics isn't a myth and CICO is essentially energy.

The only thing it really proves is that we have anywhere between 15% and 40% inaccuracy in the caloric measurements when applied to human consumption and use.

god my mouth tastes absolutely disgusting, holy shit.

Im bout to quit after 80 hrs, getting tingling across the body, whats it mean?

Started with: ~244 lbs
Target weight: ~144 lbs
In: 48h of water fast

I've tried multiple 24h fasts before, but always somewhere after the 24h mark I got an unbelivable urge to eat. Then I fed myself little amounts of food just so I can get used to that and to deal with it mentally. This time I felt like I'd take a weekend off and start the fast around friday... and I'm past 48h now, and I feel quite cool. Will buy tomorrow the keto sticks and start drinking snake juice.

Current target: 1 week of snake juice.

I'm going to do a recomp by eating a surplus on lifting days (to keep making progress) and fasting the rest of the week. Is this a good idea or will I lose the muscle I gain whenever I fast? Has anyone ever done this?

I find that brushing my teeth grants a short respite from the stank mouth. Thanks to that and the lack of bullshit going into my mouth, my teeth look better than they ever have.

In that first 48 hour stretch, I felt legit fear over it. "oh my god, am I gonna pass out while I'm driving? Is this a meme like that crystal making infographic, and this will actually just kill me?" Maybe I should eat and start this when I have more time?"

Listen to the threads resident skeleton. Do not be deceived, do not eat. 48 is the hump you must get over. After that, you can extend your fast beyond without fear.

>short respite
>good looking teeth
Welp, the issue is most likely in the gut then. You probably have some strong imbalances in the gut bacteria. Did you eat decently before fasting? Or something more like SAD (Standard American Diet)?

i miss grandpa omaw

I don't know much about that. SAD I guess. I come from a lifestyle of soda drinking and junkfood munching. Been doing several fasting sessions lately, a 48, 24, 96, and now I'm currently 60 hours in on my current fast, and the weight has come off like magic. I feel better in just about every aspect of my life. Last I checked, I had dropped from 235 to 204, but it's been a little while and I'm willing to bet I'm less than 200 now.

New Thomas DeLauer

youtube.com/watch?v=qh52nICcfb4

So I see most of people seem to do prolonged fasts. Anyone can vouch for ADF? I started doing it last week, i.e. eating normally but strict fasting every other day (yes, redundant description, it's ADF).
Just wondering if I'm wasting my time and should stick with a 3-4 day ones.

Most of the intermittent fasting studies are on ADF - it works.

Longer-term fasts will yield faster results, its up to you.

Congratulations, stinky! Keep it up you smelly disgusting fat faggot who nobody wants to be around!

McDonalds fries
so yummy
just give in
just one fry

Attached: ab3d585d0df3f04b78321858_original.jpg (645x645, 99K)

thanks! looks delicious, but i think it's enough for you. Let me watch you slowly succumb to disease ;)

Yeah, SAD. You might want to break away from the fastfoods and soda, most of the stink likely comes from the bacteria that eat nothing but dense carbs and can withstand the poison present in processed foods. Fresh or steamed veggies and meat from animals fed without antibiotics and GMO's should get you better in that regard over the course of two-three weeks. Try to not eat any fast-food in that period if you attempt it, afterwards as long as you don't eat it too often, or god forbid on consecutive days you should be fine.

Can anyone vouch for probiotics?

I took one yesterday and slept 10 hours and feel a lot better. Want to know if this is anecdotal or not

Probiotics are great, though in most cases they are very underdosed in the pill from. Unless your health is completely fucked up/you're on an antibiotic therapy, you can probably get better effects from eating non-pasteurized fermented foods.

You want to know if your anecdote is anecdotal or not?

I want to know if there's studies and other anecdotes backing it up

Oh, okay. Well? Are there?

yummy general tsos
why not just a little?

Attached: P1040262-500x375.jpg (500x375, 54K)

>afd/adf
>got through fast day yesterday without even being hungry
>eat day is today
>fruit and yogurt for breakfast, gonna be a salad for lunch and homemade healthy masala beef for dinner (no rice)
>have this huge hunk of beef in the fridge waiting for me
>still losing weight like a madman, no deprivation or feeling hungry
This is so god tier. Thank you /fast/.

Attached: 70235426_p0.jpg (815x1000, 450K)

You're welcome, fellow /fast/ggot!

you eat like a FAGGOT

jk gj

Attached: DJdlNcIXkAIHR_e.jpg (986x1200, 183K)

There are some, but I just eat homemade sauerkraut and kimchi on refeeds, significantly cheaper, easy to make and good for you.

OHHHH! AHOMADUU SAUAUKARAUUTUU EN KIMCHIII ONA DA REFEEEDALUUUUU!

May not be clear but there's gonna be about 4-6 meals made from the beef hunk, leftovers in freezer for later. Didn't want to imply I was gonna eat the whole fucking thing at once.
All the food you post looks disgusting.
It works like a charm. Also gets rid of cravings for junk food and sweets, and you'll no longer boredom-eat. Just do it TM.

Attached: 70236692_p0.jpg (837x1200, 460K)

Attached: 1534516708250.jpg (736x613, 36K)

wings and fries... yummy... just imagine how theyd taste in your mouth...

Attached: WingsAndFries.jpg (1920x1080, 92K)

Are you diabetic? Describe the tingling and where exactly do you get it

maybe lack of vitamin b complex

What does ADF stand for?

why do these retards post food here

dont they realize the hunger cravings literally disappear after becoming keto adapted

Had good results after 2 months of fasting, took a couple weeks break and back in it again. 3 or 4 days in now and I'm hangry as fuck just like the very first week I fasted. Bosses just asked me to work 2 weeks straight with three 12 hour days on the weekends its going to be pure hell but I'm more motivated than I've ever been. Weighed in at 155 this morning still lifting 3-4 times a week and not stopping until I'm a god damn twink and then build shittons of muscle after that on OMAD. We're all gonna make it bros!

ignore and hide

honey buns.... yum... they're so small, it won't kill you to just have one.....

Attached: 8442featured.jpg (720x720, 60K)

autist doing fasts

Just passed the one week mark lads! Started at 199 and now I'm at 182. Obviously some of that is water/poop weight, still feeling good regardless. Gunna try and get to around 175 odd. I've still got love handles so I dunno what weight they will go away. Regardless, thank you all so much. I started at 270 pound 6'4, hated my self and woudn't take my shirt off in public for a million bucks.

Keep on going boys!

Attached: 1534127148342.gif (400x300, 481K)

Attached: f3a.png (600x594, 299K)

Oh shit I forgot to say, what would a good meal be at the end of this fast? It'll probably be around 10-11 days today. I've never gone this far. I was thinking tomato soup/rice/and what ever meat. Any recommendations guys?

Attached: Why_would_he_have_killed_himself_when_he_is___da4e9fd889b0eeca2902afc595dbfc49.jpg (600x564, 60K)

hour 86 and I'm dying and I need some pizza and fries
fuck you

Carbohydrates are the trojan horse for the pharma industry.

this one got to me, that sweet bbq sauce. I want that rn holy shit

Is it safe to just do this long-term, like 2-3 months, till all the fat is gone? As long as you have the snake juice?

RIP

Attached: DI2GqpYXYAAkJYC.jpg (1136x1022, 274K)

why are you trying to achieve by posting these? our cravings literally dropped after a months of fasting. And you posting this pictures will achieve nothing.

you need a multivitamin with iron so you dont get anemia and die

Attached: A1377490-E9E3-4AE9-9E34-02341960C9B9.jpg (960x532, 40K)

Joke's on you, a lot of us watch cooking videos during a fast, this is nothing

Hello this is Chef John from foodwishes.com!

true and most of the pic he posts is fastfood trash, not that even appetizing

>he wouldn't post hungarian potato pancakes
>he wouldn't post roasted duck with apples
>he wouldn't post a medium-rare steak
>he wouldn't post spaghetti vongole
>he wouldn't post tartare beef
>but he posts fastfood and expects results

Attached: Happy Ron.jpg (471x485, 25K)

Is a 30 hour fast once a week good for a guy whose lifting and doesn’t really need to lose weight?

Sup /fast/, just got back from vacation wherein i ate and drank like a fatass for a week so I gained way more weight than I had hoped (plus I was doing a linear progression beforehand so I had gained already). Back on /fast/ for 2-3 weeks until I'm under 180 again.

I plan to hop right back into lifting after that, anyone had experience doing something similar? How much did your gains suffer?

It may take a while to get used to it but definitely doable. I do 22:2 dry, with workout 20 hours into fast. Some days suck, others are better.

Fuck off Kevin.

Can I take the following: MSM, reduced Glutathione, L-Tyrosine, along with powdered Vitamin C and ACV shots daily, on a water fast?

>for protein recycling
is this something different than autophagy?

I cracked after 24 hours. I'm aiming for 48 hours next!

delicious chocolatey brownies....... I know you want them

Attached: brownies.jpg (2000x1111, 318K)

Eat lots of dark greens so you get enough fiber to shit out what you do eat
I made the mistake of not following that advice a couple of times and I had to chug snake juice just to shit it out before my next refeed

Based food poster

also eat cream crackers for ultimate fiber, I literally passed a nice giant log, no mess no problems. I eat 6-12 crackers a day.

anyone tried this for the juice?
bulkpowders.co.uk/electrolyte-powder.html

well you should have thought about that before you chased him away, shouldnt you? He done moved to discord. go annoy him there.

https:// discord .gg / EVMrFW

the snake guy did mcdonalds everyday mixed with dry fast and didnt gain a lbs.

youtube.com/watch?v=fBGWtVOKTkM

Whats the point ? Distributing salts yourself seems a lot better even if thats a good mix. More expensive too

Does anyone else get really runny shit bordering on diarrhea while fasting? This usually happens to me about 24h into fast but I never seem to see anyone else mention this. Any fixes?

Attached: 1484807506012.gif (320x213, 1.63M)

>just downed a cup of my own piss for the first time ever

is cole the real deal or am i becoming a fucking tinfoil head