Red lentils

What’s the consensus on these bad boys? The macros are really good and I started eating these along with my meat instead of rice every other day.

Per 100g:
300 calories
40g carbs
23g protein

Attached: 28A439E3-FEB6-4655-B0CE-0F8C01FA33CC.jpg (259x194, 20K)

Dal and brown rice has a complete amino acid profile iirc so technically you can bulk on it forever

>Complete amino acid profile
No they don't

Do you poo in the loo?

Cope

they are really nice. I just wished my rice cooker would not overcook them so badly. Red lentil soup with lemon is also incredibly great.

reading comprehension

you trolled me into googling it and I was right. im not even vegan but i hope you get manlet aids and die

cmonbruh. Nobody has ever made gains on red lentils.Look at all the dyel vegans

Attached: sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u1.png (375x360, 96K)

fun fact, red lentils are even more powerful brap inducers than beans

I eat legumes every single day for lunch, am I going to die brehs? I prepare big batches of Lentils, beans and chickpeas and freeze them.
800 - 900kcal portions usually.
I don't have any digestion issues apart from massive shots but I'm. Cool with that.
Should I stop?

KYS

>they only have about 0.15 grams of methionine per 1-cup serving. This is similar to the amino acid profile for other legumes such as kidney beans or black beans. Methionine is considered the "limiting" amino acid in lentils because once it has been used up, your body can't access the rest of the amino acids in the lentils you eat to make new tissues. This is the reason that, like other plant foods, lentils are regarded as a "low biological value" source of protein.

>low biological value source of protein
>low value

Made lentils and beans instead of rice with a mexican meal last week. My stomach was in distress for the next 2 days and the farts made my apartment like a WW1 battlefield

you forgot fiber brah. but yes, red lentils are pretty great, especially for cutting. because of the fiber, which you forgot.

Your source is a Livestrong article. Gimme scientific evidence pls instead of meme blogs.

grain + legume technically gives a complete amino acid profile, but it ignores quantities. Like, one may be only like 1% cysteine or something like that, but technically it's there, so it's complete.

cope

1 cup of of white beans has 36% of the RDI of methionine, 1 cup of oats has 222% of the RDI of Cysteine, split peas 87% of the RDI of Cysteine, it really isn't an issue.

I was just using cysteine as an example. now go through all the essential amino acids (including the "semi" essential amino acids). Also RDI is trash because that's the minimum a sedentary skinnyfat needs. Any of us probably needs like 3x the RDI, give or take

I dare you to go on an all lentils diet and see how much muscle you lose. There is a reason you poojets have no gains

Gas, indigestion, atleast for me

Yeah about 15g of those 40 are fibers. Forgot to mention that. And yes im cutting.

I made some with coconut milk and turmeric, was really good. Gave me the nastiest gas I've ever had tho.