Seitan

Jesus fucking christ, why have no vegan ever told me how amazing seitan is?
The texture is just like meat lol and the amino acid profile is greater than any other meat

Its also like VERY cheap. You can do it on your own, just take wheat flour and wash it in water lol
I'm not vegan myself but guys... how can you miss this out?

Attached: hamyea.jpg (742x960, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-22-Ounce-Package/dp/B00I7FD5G6/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1534807822&sr=8-8&keywords=wheat gluten
youtube.com/watch?v=s9vHa66Bm5E
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25734566
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

here is the amino acid profile compared to other sources.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-21 Proteins in meat, fish, tempeh, tofu, quorn or seitan .png (864x907, 83K)

looks like something a distant aunt would bring for christmas, getting ignored by everyone at the table and ending up in your fridge for 2 months only to be thrown in the trash when she asks for her dish back.

yeah this is not the best picture but I thought it gets more attention.

You know what else has a texture just like meat?
MEAT.

Total Fat 2g -
Sodium -- 0%
Carbohydrates 4g -
Net carbs 3g -
Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 21g

hmm not bad, its not cheap where I live though as its considered a "health" food and thus costs like 20x regular food.

fpbp

natural meat or highly processed vegan bullshit...hmm tough one

Attached: 21345464564.png (800x750, 106K)

Not a vegan but I do enjoy seitan.

>highly processed
It's wheat gluten. Literally one ingredient.
People also eat heavily processed meats.

>gluten is good for you
hmmmmm

Attached: 1527040408757.png (729x638, 154K)

Yeah, but without the environmental impact and suffering.

dude you can do it yourself.
just look up on youtube.
its just wheat flour + water
it will cost you like 10-20cent

its just gluten, how is it highly processed lol

>special processed vegan meat substitute for betas $5/serving
>natural delicious chicken breast $0.50 per serving

why are the best vegan foods things that mimic animal products?

yeah, its highly bioaviable I thought thats what you enjoy the most.
its not harmful in any way as long as you are a healthy guy with no syndrom.

>wheat flour has more protein and amino acids than chicken

Attached: wwlink.png (184x184, 37K)

seitan costs about 5cent per serving lol

you guys have like a very stupid mentality.
this is not about veganism, just about a fucking food.
why are you always so autistic towards this shit.

no but seitan cmon nig

The texture is not like meat, and you're basically eating straight grain, but it can be pretty flavorful depending on what you cook it with

Lmaonolysine

>The texture is not like meat
is it tho, texture is exactly like chicken
>and you're basically eating straight grain
not really but even if, why not?

C O P E

>have to clear fell large sections of land to grow a single crop producing a monocultural ecosystem displacing native species of both fauna and flora and increasing pest populations. Soil depletes itself after a few crops due to fucked modern farming with all the fertilisers and pest killers.
>run a head of cattle moving them from paddock to paddock limiting their impact and slotting them knot the local environment rather than destroying it.
Just cause (you) yanks have fucked livestock raising practices doesn't mean the rest of the first world does. Enjoy you cancerous cereal crops faggot

f*cking newfags cant even fpbp correctly

Attached: E802C753-F2A6-482F-88D5-5B7A7B80FE2E.jpg (640x580, 145K)

>texture like chicken
No
>Why not
If you not to feel like shit look like shit and be shit Than eat cereals all you want

do you not realist that livestock eats mainly... grains? lol
Also just to give you a tip, you are completely wrong about the whole process and you seem not to care enough to learn it before you make an argument.

Doesn't gluten make your dick fly off?

are you somewhat retarded?

Nah he makes you watch while he fucks your mom

My rage is uncontrollable when talking about cereal crops

>what is grass fed and or pastured
Make sure you dont fall of that high horse if you're going to be this retarded

>Multiple detrimental aspects of gluten affect human health, including gluten-dependent digestive and extradigestive manifestations mediated by potentially immunological or toxic reactions that induce gastrointestinal inadequacy. Gluten affects the microbiome and increases intestinal permeability. It boosts oxidative stress and affects epigenetic behavior. It is also immunogenic, cytotoxic, and proinflammatory. Gluten intake increases apoptosis and decreases cell viability and differentiation.

pls look up what grass fed and or pastured means..

Non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity is very rare, so I dont get your point here. Are you trying to come up with the worst arguments possible?

>Grass-fed beef: Around 97% of Australian cattle are raised on natural pastures and are considered grass fed. While grass makes up the the majority of the animal's feed, they may also be fed grain to supplement their diet when pastures are poor.
>Pasture-raised animals receive a significant portion of their nutrition from organically managed pasture and stored dried forages. Unlike 100% grass-fed cows, pasture-raised cows may receive supplemental organic grains, both during the grazing season and into winter months.

Doesn't seem like he's wrong user. All I'm seeing here is that they may have their diets supplemented during poor seasons. but usually here in Aus that's typically hay or cornstalk plus some lick

>The majority of the world's cattle are “grain-fed”. In most cases, this means that the animals begin life grazing in the field, before being transferred indoors to be fed on grains, such as corn and onions.

It's our secret you mong!!

Attached: 1507001139836.jpg (813x551, 163K)

land has to be cleared to make room for pastures, if everyone ate grass fed cows we'd have to clear the entire planet basically and it would be one giant field. It's not possible

>processed vegan meat
Wheat and water? are you special??

>fed on grains, such as corn and onions.

Attached: 1509357201426.jpg (641x530, 36K)

>If you not to feel like shit look like shit and be shit Than eat cereals all you want
Fell for the keto meme lmao

Attached: 1527371654974.gif (200x150, 966K)

I can't find it in stores, where do you get it from?

I'm gonna assume you're a yank. Because let me educate you a bit. Here in Aus where we have the highest quality beef in the world it is not done that way. In fact just our domestic market has such a high demand for quality meat any farmer deciding to raise his stock your way would quickly be out of business.
This is how it goes
Steers are born
They get weaned
Then they spend the next 12 to 24 months of their life out in the paddocks eating a diet of grasses, some lick and a tiny bit of feed.
They go to the sale yards
Here yes they are fed some grains but still primarily hay
Slaughterhouse buys the steers and butchers them for sale

All of their growth period is on a diet of grasses. No wonder you yanks are fat pieces of shit if you think cattle raised on grains is normal.

The language used by food companies is intentionally vague and misleading
Like the intention of labeling foods like chicken as "farm bred" and "free range" makes you imagine a chicken roaming around on a beautiful pasture and Ol' McDonald clucks twice and all his little chickadees flock home for their delicious meal of (insert perfectly nutritious chicken food)

In actually, farm bred just means born on a farm, and modern farms are actually the tightly packed fenced in areas you see in "animals as food" industry cruelty videos

"Free range" is in a similar position where that only means they let the chickens walk around a tiny sectioned off part of the farm for maybe 30 minutes

I'm not touching anything seitanic

Imagine being so stupid that you avoid eating animals

really just think for a second.

you also have only 7% of the population America has

vegans tend to discourage eating meat substitutes because reasons. the ones i know won't eat quorn or seitan

he fell for the vegan jew

You can make it real easy. It's usually with the vegetarian stuff though, do you have a walmart or bushes near you?

I'll take that as a concession to my points. And yes terms are deceptively misleading for marketing however 2 points.
I've been raised on beef farms here in Aus
And 2 the term pasture is a new one in Aus started by primary producers to address the misleading 'organic' and 'free range'terms. Pasture chickens actually have to be free running for farmers to be approved to use the term pastured

I make my own buddy.
Just as I told before, look it up on youtube.
Its just wheat flour that you WASH in water and all thats left is basically protein.

>quorn
Probably because it has eggs and milk in it.

I dunno about not eating seitan, all my vegan friends rave about it. Maybe they're on the anti gluten meme

quorn has vegan versions too

yeah dude thats fine and so on but your population is very low and you have a lot of land.
you cant transition this into other perspectives.

yeah stuff like quorn and other products with many different ingredients but most vegans do actually eat tofu or seitan/tempeh.
Obv there are some vegan that avoid onions products, some avoid gluten products.
You will always find different perspectives on this.
The only vegans I've met that didnt eat tofu, ate seitan.

Not many desu, I've looked for em. Gardein is so much better and completely vegan, so fuck quorn desu, they make a product that went halfway and wasn't even as good as the alternative

I mean I can't find the gluten to make it

oh I didn't read the second part. You can wash flour? I'll look into it

This is true. However our governmental science body has developed research into the field of which the US department of agriculture has now taken on board. It involves a higher rotation of stock through paddocks with less time spent in each. You can also cycle in the order of cattle then sheep and then chickens through the paddock one after each after. This has now a few years under its belt and is proven to allow you to increase the density of the stock you have giving producers better profit. But more importantly it is actually regenerating topsoil.

you can buy the packaged seitan gluten on amazon for like 2$, it gives you around 500g of seitan.
Or just like I said, you could make it on your own.

>Amino acids in mg per 100 kcal
Yeah, next time it should say mg per 100g of food source and then and only then it would be taken seriously

linda mcartney products are basically seitan with flavors, and they give me the worst fucking farts.
the smell gets into the leather of my sofa its that bad

amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-22-Ounce-Package/dp/B00I7FD5G6/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1534807822&sr=8-8&keywords=wheat gluten

I use this, you can usually find it in the baking aisle next to the regular flour. Check supermarkets if you have them near you

I avoid soi for the most part, even though I don't believe the memes. Sometimes I eat tofu and seitan though, haven't grown tits yet

youtube.com/watch?v=s9vHa66Bm5E

I haven't eaten it in years but a couple of my sisters went through a vegan phase and I used to have stuff like this with them. I remember it being pretty good. I think it's more expensive than real meat though.

I eat tofu on a daily basis but just 100g, also I use onions protein twice a day and I drink onions milk.
Have been doing this for about 18 months now, just made awesome gains.

>it tastes just like meat!
It doesn’t and you know it.

The only vegans/vegetarians that I have respect for is asian/indian vegan cultures where they have actual dishes out of vegan foods that are not trying to be anything else, while western meatdreaming vegans are desperately trying to replicate pizzas and burgers they like with gimmick memefoods over and over to the point of absurdity.
Pathetic really

>I think it's more expensive than real meat though.
Only if you don't make it yourself. It's dirt cheap, it's just flour and water

>Pathetic really
no its not. the reason why there vegan pizzas and hot dogs and so on exist is because people tend to love these products, they've grown up eating them.
For me its Hot dogs, I loved them and when I switched the first thing that I've done it switching to vegan hot dogs.
It makes the transition easier.
Long term vegan dont eat such products and if only very rare.

Yeah but that's just for occasional "hey, I kinda want pizza" cravings. Vegans can therefore go veg and never lose anything. If you were to go vegan, you wouldn't eat these dishes very often. Stop being a pussy fag, you don't know what you're talking about

seitan has been eaten for 1500+ years, there's nothing gimmicky about it

cheese tastes good. Meat tastes good. The dishes using these ingredients taste good. Why wouldn't we want to try to imitate the flavours?

If I can make a vegan version of a pizza, that doesn't need animals to be directly killed, why shouldn't I do it? It's something I do think about though. Does vegan cheese cause more harm for the world than getting cheese from a local farm? I don't know for sure. My guess is it's probably not that bad, and also I don't want to support using cows that way no matter how well they're treated

You are missing the point here. You should accept seitan as seitan and make seitan dishes and not sell it as "it tastes exactly like meat!" propaganda memes, that's the gimmick part.

I would gladly order and try an actual vegan dish like hummus or falafel, but I would never want to try a vegan """bacon cheeseburger""" that's just completely absurd

without ever making it too

Not eating meat for one person is more suffering than the combined "suffering" of every cattle ever farmed for their meat.

And it's delicious

have you ever tried it? it does taste like meat in some preparations. Pic related for example, tastes similar to real tendies, it's mostly wheat gluten.

And vegan burgers taste good. Yeah it's absurd, but so is the concept of a bacon cheese burger itself. The back meat of a pig, and minced cow meat, topped with the cows coagulated lactation. It's weird when you think about it

Attached: 1527962399218.jpg (1500x1500, 298K)

Those gardein shits are so fucking good

>highly processed
>1 ingredient

Attached: 1434896390994.jpg (221x397, 32K)

can you bake with this shit? any bread recipes?

Fourth post best post retard

Likely because every time a vegan tries to get someone to eat vegan-centric food and an omnivore says no thanks, they bust out the eco-terrorist levels of weaponized autism.

Not tried these before, but I generally avoid gardein because they're overpriced.

This.

Also, anyone got any seitan recipes? Preferably easy ones. Seitan seems to be one of the most expensive vegan foods in supermarkets (as opposed to tofu, tempeh, etc.).

Attached: 49egavc.jpg (2916x1944, 535K)

In my circle of friends I know about 6 vegans. 4 of them eat salads and granola and shit all the time. My other friends and I give them shit for their boring diets as a joke all the time, but they look pretty healthy. They aren't jacked (they don't work out at all as far as I know) but they're of a healthy weight and are aesthetically pretty nice.
The other 2 eat meat substitutes regularly. They chase after the taste all the time, trying to emulate it with seasoned tofu and buying all the expensive new test tube meats they find. They're disgusting, pudgy hambeasts with overzealous personalities and daily tumblr blogs.
This is all just personal experience, but I see this pattern occur outside of my circle of friends too and I'm sure there's some kind of connection.

Attached: 1493217346362.gif (256x256, 455K)

>friends with 6 vegans

Not gonna make it faggot

My friend group is pretty big, maybe a total of 40 people, vegans are still the minority in my social life. The fact that they're vegan is totally circumstantial and most of them are just friends of friends.

Just because Americans have disgusting food, doesn't mean the rest of the world does.

Just Becuase you guys eat in the same room in a dorm, doesn’t make you guys friends.

We're a cross-city cosplay group with meetups twice a month.

>Non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity is very rare
No, it is a spectrum with heavy and mild cases and affects more people than you can imagine. Gluten will trigger a temporary leaky gut within 5 hours of eating. So when you have toast for breakfast, you tear your gut, but it heals. You have a sandwich for lunch, you tear your gut, but it heals. You have pasta for dinner, tear your gut, but it heals. Croutons on your salad, tear your gut, but it heals. Stuff will enter your blood stream, that is not supposed to be there and your immune system will have to remove it. In a study wheat gluten caused a leaky gut in every subject. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25734566

>gluten
>has the name of the devil
>is a product associated with vegan sóyfag males

That's three strikes. STFU OP. SAGE.

fpbp

Because gluten is a protein...and meat is also protein. It doesnt "mimic" fucktard its just chemistry

PSEUDOMEDICAL DIAGNOSIS NOT SUPPORTED BY MODERN MEDICINE
FUCK OFF

Attached: 1534716570932.png (1190x906, 270K)

do you read stuff that you post on here?

no, the calories is far more important...

why would i eat this when i can just eat meat

Attached: 124124365132.png (621x702, 56K)

Sauce on pic

I don't understand OP. Seitan I'm sure is tasty, but isn't a complete protein. Wouldn't a complete protein veggie alternative like Quorn which is dirt cheap in most places as no one eats it, be a better cheap meat alternative?