Supplements

The supplement industry is huge and every week a new supplements comes up.
A lot of them promote "benefits" that are simply not true.

Lets make a honest supplement thread.
Post up what supplements you take and let other people help you if its worth taking them.
Maybe some can even recommend supplements.

Lets eliminate the basics like
>Protein Powder
>Creatin

these are a "must" for long term lifters.

Attached: 490278386.jpg (673x449, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-OGd4gplxQM
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5828430/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>BCAA's
>MyProtein Alpha Men
>Omega 3

ZMA helped me get my libido back but I idk if I still need it.

I just bought
>5-HTP
>Zinc
>Magnesium
How should my stack look like

I buy my shit from Alex Jones, I love me some fucking True Alpha 2 and Brain Power, use Knockout Horse Tranquilizers aswell

Protein powder isnt a must nor is creatine you fucking gimp

testosterone

No sups are a must
If you eat a balanced diet filled with organic plants and grass fed animals and pollution free water fished fish you'll get everything you need and more. But most people don't know the absolute basics of diet and fitness and basic healthy living...
Anyway,we're talking about the unique alchemy that can allow us to fix damage and help us achieve peak fitness and health.

we are talking about people that train 6x a week.
Protein powder and creatine is a must if you want to be better.

L-Arginine and L-Citrulline worked really well for me to get a crazy pump. Workouts have been better, vascularity has permanently improved and I'm overall really happy with them.

multivitamin

Nice b8

No

Test is best

I don't see the point in taking sups if you eat a healthy balanced diet, but protein powder is still a must to me tho , don't know if I'm right but here are my reasons:
>convenient and cheap source of protein
> body absorbs nutritions best post workout, protein shake is in liquid form that can easily be absorbed

>Creatine is a must

Attached: afraid.png (800x800, 118K)

>t. three months lifting

>fenugreek
been eating this
figured it's probably cheaper than the supplements
less than 3 quid from the asian cash and carry
in a month i went from barely being able to manage 10 squats to doing 300 with only the occasional second break

>>>Omega 3
lol
be careful
linseed (flax) contains plenty but is also a powerful testosterone blocker

Attached: trs-fenugreek-seeds_1.jpg (500x500, 73K)

>t. lives in cucked country

i knew you'd probably say something moronic like that
plebs rarely compete

>good genetics is a must

>t. hurty cuck feels

baka
i don't think you even understood my last post

Attached: 1534848102748.jpg (600x600, 115K)

Shut the fuck up anime poster

One thing I've noticed when researching supplements is that there's a lot of cross over between those taken by transsexuals to promote breast growth and those taken by body builders for muscle growth.

I expect a large part of this is the the underlying biological processes creating new tissue, be it muscle or boob, are ultimately very similar and fueled by the same ingredients.

Methylsulfonylmethane for instance, is said to have excellent results promoting the formation of collagen. Unfortunately I'm not enough of a biology expert to tell you anything more about the similarity between muscles and collagen beyond that they both take the form of fibers.

Attached: 1534852239855.jpg (600x600, 148K)

wait a minute... are you a new /a/ poster?

fuck off, go back to Jow Forums

are you just the resident troll?
i notice you don't have much to say about supplements

Attached: 1534851702364.jpg (1500x1708, 1007K)

Another thing both the trannies and body builders like is promoting HGH.

Attached: 1534851426491.png (1281x1669, 1.75M)

I notice you are still fat and watch anime

>Lets eliminate the basics like
>>Protein Powder
>>Creatin
Well shit, that eliminates most of what I take. Otherwise it’s

>L Catharine
>vitamin c
>zinc
Das it mang

>>vitamin c
really? why dont you just eat a sweet bell pepper?
gives you 300%

cirno is really fucking sexy i wish she was real

You're disgusting

i'm 5'8" and 128lb
and i rarely watch anime

what are you, a girl?

i notice you're still struggling to find on topic replies

wannabe tranny desu

Attached: 1534853045858.png (186x146, 35K)

Someone kill this guy ill pay

>linseed (flax) contains plenty but is also a powerful testosterone blocker

isn't that what chickens consume to have omega3 on their eggs?
ive been buying omega 3 enriched eggs but I fear the flax they eat can affect me

R u cute tho

Examine.com
x
a
m
I
e
c
o
m

lol
just done another six and a half minutes of exercise
what have you just done you fat fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=-OGd4gplxQM

i'm not sure
presumably the balance of hormones is controlled by the chicken in the egg making process
idk desu
but it certainly can't be as bad as add the ground seeds to your breakfast cereal
i read online of one guy complaining it gave him impotence and tits
but that was eating the ground seeds
i don't think there's a problem if you get if from fish
not sure about eggs i'll search for it in a minute

girl cute idk
but i'm the cute gay boy people would call pretty

pics

Redpill me on Carnitine.
I barely hear about it here.
Is it good?

Attached: 1527899311258.png (747x686, 44K)

so you can tell me i look like a man?
fuck off

Come on bby, dont be like that.
show me boipucci

>>Come on bby, dont be like that.
>show me boipucci
that does make me horny desu
i would do cam shows for you if you bought me supplements
but i don't think you're serious
just like the guy who would "pay" to have me killed

Attached: 1534852988942.jpg (1171x1495, 801K)

50/50 srs

Currently blasting Test/Mast and NPP, so i'm constantly horny.
Cruising I like really fem traps but on blast i would fuck a hot little shaven twink in a blink.

I'm just a raging roidfaggot like that.

>a hot little shaven twink
i don't want to mis-sell myself
i may have a small enough body but i don't respond well to hair removal
i need to get on the testosterone blockers asap really
but i want to do sex shows for you so you send me drugs i can't get in my cuck country ;_;

>body absorbs nutritions best post workout
not true. the anabolic window is a myth
>cheap source of protein
On amazon, for a 2 pound container of Optimum Nutrition double chocolate protein powder, there are 29 servings in a container and it costs $27.33, which is $.94/serving. There is also 24g of protein (with this brand its recommended on the label to take 2 servings at a time, but isn't explained why) and 120 calories, and in a daily ratio of macros, negligible amounts of carbs and fat. A 10 pound bag of chicken breast on Walmarts website costs $18.96. A serving size is 4 ounces, which means there are 40 servings in a bag, which means it costs $.47/serving. Each serving also has 23 grams of protein per serving and 110 calories, and has 0 carbs and 2.5g of fat. Serving per serving, protein powder is not cheaper than real food. The only point you MIGHT have is convenience, if you find putting 5 pounds of chicken in a crock pot mixed with some barbeque sauce, and having 20 servings of food already prepared too hard.

I should not, none of these prices include sales tax and assume you live in the US, so the price per serving will naturally go up if your state has a sales tax

>Magnesium
>Omega3
>B12
>Vitamin D
>Ginkgo Biloba
>L-Theanine
>5 HTP
>Ashwagandha
>Choline Inositol
>Curcumin
>Zinc
>NoFap (testosterone)

>too hard.
if you cost time as money?

Is there a reason to take these if I'm not lactose intolerant and have practically been on GOMAD my entire life?

it can work but it probably wont.

>Magnesium
why not just eat food like potatoes that are full of it?
>Omega3
yeah thats good
>B12
good
>Vitamin D
good
>Ginkgo Biloba
what?
>L-Theanine
why?
>5 HTP
why?
>Ashwagandha
the benefits are very small, like very very small. If you have money you can do that but its mostly a waste
>Choline Inositol
why?
>Curcumin
the benefits are only there if you eat a ton of it
>Zinc
why not just eat it?
>NoFap (testosterone)
I hope you do it in a 8 days cycle

lmao

creatine is an okay add for most people, but you can ignore both of those if you eat enough meat.

yeah I'm sure you're busy making the big bucks and you dont have time to cook once a week.

not that guy but rda is rly low.
however I still advise to just eat more stuff with vit c rather than supplementing.
boron(from borax)
selenium(from diomatoceous earth)
iodine
Bentonite clay for micros
MSM
spirulina
zinc/magnesium when I dont eat many vegetables.

I know this doesnt count as supps but it's stuff I make sure to do almost every day that I do feel has made a positive change for me:
1 clove of garlic
ginger with chamomile tea
cacao powder

>not that guy but rda is rly low.
yeah but 300% of rda is not low

>protein powders are a must

I spend about 1 hour a week cooking, and its a good skill to have. Unless you're working every waking moment of your life, theres no reason to not learn how to cook even a couple basic meals.

it's not, there are people taking 1000% rda and seeing benefits from it.
We don't know much about vitamin c

this, it's rly easy to do. You can learn to make better and healthier food for cheaper, and regarding time, for me it's time to think about things in peace and quiet. Also implying you cant listen to a podcast or watch some show/movie which would be dead time anyway.
Or listen to an audiobook even.

>not true. the anabolic window is a myth

depends on how long your last meal was.
if you ate 2 hours before lifting, had a 1 hour-1h30 lift session then you should look into eating after working out or in the following hour

>there are people taking 1000% rda
the problem is, is is not well research if high vitamin c supplementation have any benefits.
lets not forget that vitamin c is a sinlge vitamin.
We know that prior to consuming vitamin d, we also need calcium, magnesium and k2 for our body to properly use it.

Vitamin C supplementation might as well be a single stone thrown into an ocean of deficits and suddenly people feel better.
I dont think it has to do with high doses of it but rather because people simply dont consume enough.

nah m9.

There isn't necessarily a "time".
Your body doesn't work on the same clock your mind does.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5828430/

There are tons of contradicting studies on this but these two are very well laid out and useful.
I wouldnt worry so much as a natural as long as you get your required protein intake over several meals in a day.

You will notice most BB'ers/Strongman etc smash a large protein shake with fast acting carbs for insulin response because they are on heaps of gear and the anabolic response is greatly increased.

I think this is the mindset of the industry, fake natties tell real natties that they must drink their "thirsto 5000 real protein" within 30 minutes or else.

If you were to eat complete protein sources over a given day with your normal meals then I can't see there being a difference.

there's muscle protein synthesis mate, thats what im getting at
seems its recommended to get high quality protein, 20g-40g every 4h

Omega 3
Multi vitamin
L-arginine
Lecithin
ZMA
Biotin

My cock has never been harder

>>ginger with chamomile tea

Chamomile tea is honestly one of the best things. I'm surprised it doesn't get shilled as often.

Not only is Apigenin (the most active xenobiotic in Chamomile) an anxiolytic, but it also helps boost test and prevent breast cancer (with the sidebar being that it helps with gyno).

>Apigenin
>almost insoluble in Water
Your chamomile tea is a placebo.

I also smoke it. Pyrolysis is key.

sure.
Another thing that was recently found out is that it has something to do with carbohydrate metabolism, since it seems you dont get scurvy, or other vit c deficiency related stuff if you dont eat carbs.
So maybe its just carb dominated diets with mostly empty carbs that bring no nutrients(crisps, baked goods, etc)
yeah, I heard about it from /fit and looked into it.
Getting info on random supplements to look into is p much the only reason I come to /fit anymore

>Getting info on random supplements to look into is p much the only reason I come to /fit anymore

Same, I really enjoy these threads and do a lot of research on the subject.

Also, the more important bit isn't free Apigenin (which is in low concentration in tea) but apigenin-7-O-glucoside which is plenty soluble in water.

I think you missed the point i was making mate but good for you

no I understood it and you're right, I was just mentioning that it becomes important to eat after working out ONLY if you ate hours ago.
it has minimal impact but it is superior to eat every ~4h for maximizing your MPS, yes you can just do one big ass meal at the end of the day but if you're seeking to maximize as much as possible stuff like this can get important.

also when cutting it's extremely important, at least the pre-workout meal.

Attached: anxiolytics.jpg (734x466, 63K)

which bit are you laughing at?
you want me to link the guy complaining about bitch tits?
if i hadn't become obsessed with bigger legs and bum i'd be eating tons of the stuff

sure
i can cook
still enjoy the convince of a shake
in fact one of the things i make from the fenugreek seeds is a syrup that i add to my shake

absolutely
everyone should learn how to cook
i listen to radio 4 when i'm cooking usually

this is really good
but be careful
some of the things on that list i recognise as antiandrogenic
a small quantity of licorice root for example may be a good boost but a large quantity might start fucking with your testosterone

>some of the things on that list i recognise as antiandrogenic

Yes, that is a potential risk, but if licorice root works for your anxiety, you can supplement with things that boost test to balance it out.

i think your right
and if you're taking a variety of thing you needn't have a particularly high dose of the antiandrogens
maybe it's possible that blocking some of the thing testosterone is doing might be freeing it up for your muscles
idk
but unless you actually want to end up as a transsexual i would say moderation is key
that's a really good list though
i want to mark on it extra hints for body builders and trannies respectively

tyrosine
ashwagandah
alpha-gpc
bacopa monnieri
zinc
mg
multivitamin

tyrosine did tremendous things for my mood. I also take wellbutrin for anxiety. tyrosine is a dopamine precursor and wellbutrin prevents dopamine reuptake. the combination has been wonderful. Bacopa and a-gpc for working memory. 12 weeks in and its been noticeable.

I'd be careful with 5-htp. you can potentially down regulate serotonin in the long run. you're better off just taking the precursor tryptophan to circumvent this. Just be sure to monitor yourself.

>a small quantity of licorice root for example may be a good boost but a large quantity might start fucking with your testosterone

worse than that, licorice doubles the half life of cortisol. You'll go from relaxed to high strung if you over do it or do it too long.

based

My recommendations are
>iodine
>vitamin d
>zinc
>omega 3
>bacopa monnieri and phenibut if you are drugs
>

interesting stuff

>we are talking about people that train 6x a week.
are you sure? because it sounds like youre talking about retards

Ban anime tranny trip please for the love of god

>that's a really good list though
>i want to mark on it extra hints for body builders and trannies respectively

It's just something I threw together before. I want to add to it with a lot more information.

any of y'all have use CBD for anxiety/mood/sleep/anxiousness? I'm thinking about picking up some oil.

you should
a list of precipitation drugs that effected would useful too
especially any know to be bad
i was thinking earlier perhaps the question should ot be how to some people get so big but why others don't
reading about how good sleep can be essential for hgh was very interesting

I haven't, but I've read good things about and I'm interested in trying it.

The best info is behind a paywall. You cant even view a summary of what increases test. Still fine site tho.

I tried cbd on/off for a few months and didnt notice any changes. Dose wasnt very high but I think the reports are placebo unless you are treating a certain form of epilepsy. Save your money.

>drugs effecting each end of the hormonal system, resulting in different hormonal changes
>random ass chemical with no evidence behind it as doing anything
yeah you dont understand biology, theres no similarities between the points you're making there and you clearly don't know the biological processes of tissue growth

msm promotes the formation of collagen because you need it to make collagen. If you are deficient you will have impaired collagen production.

>I tried cbd on/off for a few months and didnt notice any changes.

That's a shame. The reports may be placebo, or it just may affect people differently.

wow the amount of butthurt and lack of substance in that reply was astounding user
i feel really wounded

it's the sulphur i believe

Are you cute? For some reason I get the feeling you'd enjoy being raped by a big strong man.

>you clearly don't know
lol
i even said as much in my post

Attached: hay-toohrs gohnna haaaaate.jpg (650x523, 127K)