Deadlift then let go of the weight once you reach lockout

>deadlift then let go of the weight once you reach lockout
or
>deadlift and then reverse the movement to slowly place the weight back on the ground

which is better

Attached: 1532071489574.gif (372x587, 290K)

>deadlift and then reverse the movement to slowly place the weight back on the ground

for two reasons
[1] For grip work
[2] Because you don't lift enough to warrant dropping it from the top

does that mean on bigger weights the only choice is to drop it from the top?
If so, at what weight do you draw the line?

Negatives are part of the lift, user. If you had read the sticky you would know that.

Attached: 1501979013970.jpg (519x597, 112K)

slam the weight down to a dead stop, reset position, and perform next rep

both are retarded. once you reach the top, let the weight fall, but controlling the direction/bounce with your hands on the bar

>both are retarded
why is doing the negative motion retarded

but if I don't drop the weights and make lots of loud noises then how else will I make everyone in the gym pay attention to my lifts?

People who drop the weight at the top of the lift should be executed by the gym gestapo

I lower it slowly because it's good for grip work and muscle gainssss.

The negative movement is a part of the exercise, so youre just screwing yourself out of gains if you skip it

>DeadLIFT
>lift

Not deadliftandgentlyplacebackdown.

Slower negatives gives more gains

I purposely slam the weight down every time, it intimidates the weakling dyel losers in my gym. It always amuses me to see them flee the area whenever I start deadlifting, they can't handle being around me.

you put the bar back down in a controlled but quick fashion

you don't attempt to time under tension meme and make the bar noiselessly make tender love to the gym floor, because that's a really nice way to snap your shit up

If you can't control the weight on its way down you shouldnt be picking it up. Retards that slam their deadlifts should be kicked in the dick and be DONE.

Lower the bar at a controlled pace, not slow but don't drop it
Allows you to get the benefitsof the eccentric without tiring yourself out on an unnecessarily slow negative

Neither. Do a controlled drop with your arms still in contact with the bar. There's no reason to drop the weights in free fall, but you're cucking yourself if you do a heavy negative on a deadlift.

You keep thinking that. In reality everyone thinks you're too weak to be pulling that weight and they don't wanna have to be around when you need first aid or smelling salts.

>negatives are part of the lift
no, there is no eccentric portion of a deadlift

If you want to work on slowly lowering the weight as a negative, do romanian deadlifts.

I dl on my bedroom floor so if I drop it I'm going to fall through
It raises the stakes a little