Be honest Jow Forums: have you ever dropped the bar on your chest?

Be honest Jow Forums: have you ever dropped the bar on your chest?

Attached: 7D8E2EEA-3C43-4047-977E-E784EA932FF3.jpg (512x288, 29K)

I've never dropped it. But I've failed a rep and and to roll it onto the safety bars.

Yes. More than once on incline but never on bench because I'm not a retard too cool to use the safety bars.

>safety bars.

Attached: 1512412.gif (413x243, 51K)

just got back from the gym and did it twice in 20 minutes on bench. I guess that's what I get for 4 hrs sleep and doing cardio beforehand.

ripptoe said some kid got eternal bleeding from doing the roll of shame. I will always use them if I don't have a spotter

>believing Rip's lies
I bet you didnt even ask for sauce

>eternal bleeding
Sounds like a curse. Did they at least hook him up to a blood bank? Imagine how many people he could save.

You don't lift if this never happened to you before.

No because I have never been to a gym

Will start next month :^)

>eternal bleeding

Attached: D5CCB500-2541-48B4-91AF-9E7DD8774CF6.jpg (938x921, 260K)

Failed a rep and had to do the roll of shame. A bit painful but not the end of the world.

Yes, kind of, I have been in the HS's gym and those fuckers started making me laugh and dropped the bar. Not dropped but cannot finish the rep so the spotter had to take it.

Start today fatty

Why roll of shame? Dump the plates. Anyone benching with clips on is an idiot.

>eternal bleeding

Attached: 1533369452417.jpg (327x409, 44K)

its ok

currently 188cm 69kg

Going for as many gains as possible once I have access to a gym

i dropped 145 on my chest when my forearm muscle tore, just doing warmup up reps and suddenly my arm gives out

No because i only do incline

>eternal bleeding
Did the gym necromancer cast mass curse again?

that feel when you bleed forever

Attached: 1533237388801.jpg (281x281, 12K)

>eternal bleeding

Attached: alex jones wow.gif (500x330, 2.54M)

>roll of shame

This is a dangerous meme

I was doing warm up reps for arm day, close grip bench, and decided hey, why not try suicide grip, 135 is a safe weight to experiment at. Right at the top of the second rep, bar slipped out of my hand and fell down right into my gut. Knocked all the air out of me, but I grabbed the bar and busted out 6 more from the sheer embarrassment.

It's called suicide grip for a reason.

>tfw the gym wizard casts eternal bleeding on you

Attached: 1534059272325.jpg (632x403, 31K)

Yeah I got over-ambitious on a 185 bench about 5 months ago got 3 or 4 reps out and thought I had 2 extra 8n the tank and went for an extra failed half way up and dropped it on my chest.

>eternal bleeding

Attached: 1464487426_yeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif (586x450, 926K)

I had a Japanese phone and accidentally dropped a 45 plate right on its screen from chest height (it was on the floor) and there was no damage.

>be me
>high school
>go to nice gym at night only to bench
>feeling lazy
>wearing_jeans_while_bench_pressing.jpg
>remove 2pl8s from one side of barbell
>huge crash heard in entire gym as barbell topples on one side
>everyone looks at me
>never forget this moment

cant imagine dropping it, but Ive rolled it off a few times

Once when I first started lifting a few years ago and went to do a chest day after a 12 hour day working in the sun and I was gassed right out. I only had 1 plate on each side too lmao. Thankfully another regular noticed me floundering immediately and ran over and saved me before I had to do the roll of shame, then we laughed about it and made some self-depricating jokes about being a bitch. No one else saw and we wound up being gym bros and spotting eachother and chitchatting when we saw eachother after that.

>all these newfags who don't know the eternal bleeding meme
Tie a belt around your neck and buckle up.

He's a big guy

Attached: 1532791465023.jpg (580x300, 31K)

Yeah, several times.
Lots of failures make progress in the end.

Attached: deadliftkrengal.jpg (949x627, 113K)

Fuck it would be so great to workout in that kind of environment

Dropped the bar on my chest once. Going for third rep of working set (of 5) and heard a loud pop and lost all strength in my left arm. It was a Labral tear. over 2 years later and it still isn't 100%

>First month of going to the gym
>Thought I was stronger than I actually was
>Decided to load up a bench with a 45 on each side
>had only benched 95lbs before
>Lay down
>Pick up bar
>1 rep, shakey, 2 reps, super shakey
>Third rep, weight goes down and doesn't go back up
>Fortunately I'd read about the roll of shame since I knew it would happen eventually

>This was also my first gym session with my then gf

While I'm glad it happened because the embarrassment caused me to seek to improve myself, I still think about it and wanna kms.

almost at the gym. luckily based random chad helped me out. A bit barrising, but glad he was chad enough to help me out

I had a 5 lb on one side and didn’t put a 5 lb on the other, so when I unrack the bar, the plates shifted and dumped. Always check my plates now

Yeah its cool until its -20ºC and pouring rain, besides that its bretty good

You forgot Talibans shooting at your weights from time to time. Fucking gainz goblins.

>le funny mem

Attached: 6154582123651423.jpg (1217x777, 240K)

I use one of two power racks at my gym to bench so I can use safety bars.

What now?

Nick Cage got it wrong, but it's funny tho.

I love fit memes

This but without the safety bars.

First time I actually enjoyed something you post.
Good one, mate.

Attached: 130669049912.jpg (2000x2000, 2.63M)