Careers/Jobs

What do you guys do for a living? Does your job make it hard for you to stay fit?

Attached: 1420166318282.jpg (706x720, 38K)

Data Analyst
No. I just work out after work

Beekeeper
Not really, but it's nice to work outside.

A Marine. It’s fairly easy to get in my gym time and eat what I need to eat. Not everyone is so lucky in the corps.

A freelancing programmer. Nah, i just stop everything and go working out.

Same.

I'm a glorified tard wrangler. Doesn't pay much but it keeps me on my feet mostly

Electrician
Yeah kinda, some times i work 12-16 hours a day for 1-3 weeks at a time, through the weekend as well. Other than that it's no problems, i am however tired sometimes when hitting the gym after work, if it has been a tough day

Are you self taught?

To add to other anons question, how hard is it to find/maintain work as a freelancer?
What kind of programming you do?

NEET, currently looking for another soul crushing desk job so I have something to do during the day. I'm steadily losing interest in playing games and watching japanese cartoons, so I guess I'm growing up.

Attached: Al Bundy Noose.gif (500x300, 996K)

Yes. It was my hobby as a kid.

Super easy. At least in my part of Europe. Work comes to me and i just pick what I want to do. Currently doing mainly Java and Javascript (Spring amd React). Web applications. Current project is for VW Audi Group.

>yourope
FeelsBadMan freelancers are getting raped in the states because of euro outsourcing. Why pay Steve when Boris from Ukraine is 1/3 the cost

Analyst for FedEx here. I always just go to work very early and leave when I'm done bc I'm salaried nowadays. Always just work out afterwards since I'm done well before the gym rush at 5 or so.

Bartender here. I cant work out most nights due to work or early early morning because i'm tired. But if I find a time some mornings or early evenings. I want to open my own bar soon so that might seriously impede my gains for a lil bit :(

Well, quality defends itself. I'm often hired to clean up after ukrainians. In IT you lose twice as much when you hire cheap labor.

Not sure what I want to do with my life. I've switched majors like 4 times. I've tried getting a IT cert but lost interest. I've tried to teach myself basic web dev shit but felt overwhelmed and quit. I'm too dumb/mentally unstable to join any military branch. And I've tried to learn a trade, but failed that too.

I feel like I will be stuck working shitty minimum wage jobs for the rest of my life.

Attached: ithurtstolive.jpg (600x468, 37K)

That's true. I'm not a programmer myself as of yet but I've been learning frontend in my spare time and talking with others who work in the field. That's just what I've picked up from their knowledge.

You and I are kind of in the same boat user, except I didn't even go to college.

My advice? Get out of school asap before you waste any more money. Get a stable job. Then work on figuring yourself out.
Atleast stop digging that money hole if you have no end game plan for filling it.
You'll make it man, I believe.

Man if i lived in the US I wouldn't even dream of going to college. Just get straight into the workforce or trades and work your ass off. I hear so many depressing horror stories of people relying on college for their entire future with no other skills or real world work knowledge - unless you wanna be a lawyer or doc or engineer or something i guess. I feel like hardwork trumps all

Attached: 4322.jpg (500x403, 19K)

Awesome brah. Never enough of good programmers. Go for React.js and native. Very popular on the market currently. My friend gets 130$ per hour for that shit.

I did bachelors in CS, now I'm developing apps in one company, 21yo. I'm slowly losing interest in this shit and I will be studying masters in Information Management in other country from september. Hopefully will get a job, that doesn't require programming.

>relying on college
No joke, my first job as a teenager was fast food and almost everyone there was late 20s/early 30s and had a bachelor's or higher. Learned real quick the pointless racket that is college, unless you plan on going into a career that absolutely requires a higher education.
My father, meanwhile, has a GED and makes 60k/year through sheer hard work. That might not seem like alot but it's more than the average family in America makes, i.e. 2 adults combined income.

Hey, are computer science degrees worth much in yurop?

Currently learning CSS/HTML and Java but this is still early on. Have been recommended React a few times so definitely gonna pick it up down the road

>60k/year
Yeah, thats more than enough for a fruitful and perfect life. In Australia 60 grand a year is fantastic. I heard somewhere that over 90 grand and quality of life doest really increase really much

>90k
Yeah there's certainly a ceiling on how much income you need to be comfy/stable and it's not that high.
I mean, I barely break 25k/year and even I'm able to fully support myself with minimal struggle. Certainly dont want to stay at this income my whole life but I'm still young.

I photograph sponsored events, like parties or promotional events for drinks, cigarettes etc, then edit the photos in Lr and Ps. Also edit wedding photos, pictures of couples together etc. I'm at ana early stage in this 'career' and I like the flexible hours although it can be taxing sometimes. 3 days work non-stop and then nothing for a week for example.

At these events I see so many thirsty thots that it's hard not to fall for the cute girls promoting drinks, the spunky 55kg waitress with a choker, etc. I'm also gonna do a snowboarding course finally this year so I can teach people in the winter because that's usually the dead season.

Money is okay so far, I am quite frugal and the amount of $$$ will increase slowly.

Self taught photographer/editor or educated?
Self employed?

It makes you more competetive and I regret not having one. But currently there is so much work its a minor issue. My rate is the same or even higher than those with degree.

Be rich from Bitcoin
Be an angel investor
Qtpi gf

Live in comfy two bedroom apartment in Boston directly connected to Whole Foods. Work out at Equinox.

Good times.

Ahh. I don't mind programming for a living, and keeping my Javascript and React.js (even if it is a bit groce) sharp seems to be wise. I am somewhat tempted to see if I can get a COBOL related job.

Do they tend to offer job openings to foreigners with degrees?

Pricing analyst for an aircraft lessor. It’s pretty easy to stay fit, 9 to 5 but those are the hours are pretty flexible and working from home isn’t a problem. I can take two hours midday for a workout if I feel like it. It’s pretty chill

>In Australia 60 grand a year is fantastic.
No, it really isn't. It's 5k more than what fresh grads are meant to make, but thanks to Visa-shit we're never seeing that again. Fucking boomers ruined this country's future. Cannot wait to get the fuck out of here after graduating.
>I heard somewhere that over 90 grand and quality of life doesn't really increase really much.
Wrong again.

The golden number is 75k. Maximum happiness to income returns. After that, you still get happier but at an increasingly incremental rate.
Below that is barely poverty income in Australia unless you live in bum fuck nowhere, but if you live there any income would be a dream.

Attached: UN Aid Arrives.jpg (1080x1134, 1.23M)

I studied architecture and never finished it, lost all interest in the middle of the way and was torn between doing something that I did not want to be doing and having an unstable future. Thankfully, by sheer luck I went out one friday and bumped into a high-school friend of mine that does photography. He started as photographing parties at some cheap bars and clubs in my home-town and built everything up from there. Anyways, we get to talking and I tell him about the situation I am in and that it's rough and I don't know what to do and where to turn and the guy straight up offers me a no bullshit offer. That if he teaches me Lightroom and later Ps, that I will edit these events for him. He kinda grew tired of it and has the amount of money where his time is more important to him then the money he gives to me to edit the photos. The big projects are still his domain, weddings, product photography etc, but I am slowly stepping in as a reliable photographer.

It's not that hard man, if you are really interested in it, just try to meet some people that do visual things, like film assistants, photographers etc. and try to do some menial tasks on the set etc and try to pick up knowledge from there. A good used camer is about 500 euros and there are tons of tutorials online.

So far I am self-employed, a freelancer if you will. But all the things I do considering photography and editing come from my highschool friend. But I feel that's about to change soon, talked to a guy a fweek or so ago and he said they badly need photographers for location scouting. That would be the bomb

Tbh I get about 500 euros max out of it every month but I like where it's going

In Germany they hire anyone who can type on a keyboard. cobol is oldschool banking language. I would stick to popular modern languages to be future proof. Oh amd learning C is VERY useful for your career. I regret learning it that late.

I'm a TESOL teacher
>BA English
>Hons. TESOL
>MA Pedagogy
Some days it's great, but the bureaucracy is really starting to infringe on my ability and agency to teach.

Some people make decent money without even a highschool diploma
Ie waiters
My freinds are that and make 55-60k a year deping on how good buisness is
100 dollars in tips on a bad day
300 plus on good days
Plus hourly wage

I'm an actuary. It's 9-5 and I just workout after the office, home by 6. P sweet really

Teacher
I make shit money but the schedule is glorious and while the kids can be bothersome at times the job stays more unpredictable than your average 9 to do job

I'm a doctor. Learn something that makes other people come to you.

Im a combat correspondent

Software developer
Java and PHP mostly. The former is a full time @ General Motors, the latter is a freelance gig. I work anywhere between 45-60 hours a week.
I've been doing software for like 2 years now and I still feel like I don't know entirely what I'm doing despite spending 4 years in college. But I wing it and try my best, thankfully it's enough to still generate a lot of

Attached: 1534176064540.jpg (431x342, 16K)

*value

Shit that sounds pretty cash user, good stuff. I've always thought photography was interesting but have zero experience in it. I know pretty much no one who's worked with it before outside of college bullshittery.

Unfortunately I dont live in an area with many classes, groups or other social events based around different skills/trades. Makes it tough to find people to learn from.

>t. lives in melbourne/Sydney CBD
60 grand a year IS good in Australia unless you live in the centre of the biggest cities - like how earning 100 grand is useless if you live in Brooklyn. Even living in the Adelaide CBD wouldnt be that bad - Victorians and NSWelshman are just fucked from the beginning

High school?

I've taught high school before but I'm in middle school now. I prefer middle over high school

Ah, cool. I've been planning to work in Germany in the future.

Good thing our school has a large emphasis on problem solving in C.

Site Reliability Engineer at Siemens

Good thing we have a gym and a diet cafeteria in our campus.

Attached: 220px-Tux.png (220x261, 39K)

Law student/ law clerk at a firm

Yes. I spend 99% of my day sitting staring at a screen if I don't work out that day. Trying to escape hungry skeleton mode.

Also I have to pack my lunch AND dinner because I go to school at night, and with the eat big meme I kinda feel retarded lugging out a little picnic cooler for meals but I need them gains.

>Mfw doing SL 5X5 for 3 weeks now and eating as much as I can but still holding at 168lbs which is where I started.

Attached: 1534742917075.jpg (292x214, 32K)

Network data manager and flood gate technician. No it doesn't make it hard to stay fit at all.

We used to do work for Siemens. Neat.

>The golden number is 75k. Maximum happiness to income returns

That's in Ameribucks not dollars doos. Also not adjusted for cost of living or differences in taxes-$75k can be extremely comfortable in a rural area but hardly cover rent and basics in, say, SF.

It's true though that declining marginal returns set in after a relatively low income. I'm a self-made multimillionaire and can definitely attest to this having been through a range of income and meeting a range of associates.

A lot of the benefits of being rich (the right way) is mostly just the freedom of being financially secure. You crash your car? Get a new one. Someone break into your place? Lol ok I'll get a new TV and laptop. Big medical bills? K here's my Visa. Lose your job? Meh whatever. No one has power over you.

Beyond that you've got the freedom of movement. I can go wherever I want in the world pretty much whenever. I usually don't pay for first or (usually) stay at the Ritz, but yeah, if someone needs me in DC one day and LA the next it's no problem to hop around.

Otherwise you've got the freedom of time. I have a PA handle most of my day-to-day bullshit, which is really nice because I usually procrastinate on tasks. If I need to learn something I can figure it online and grab someone talented chat. Most top academics are happy to get lunch with you if you're interested enough.

It's nice to have the best in goods, but I have to say a lot of shit tops out quality-wise real quick. Really expensive stuff is often just stupidly marketed up conspicuous consumption crap that you have to impress other people, not yourself. And when "other people" are billionaires and near billionaires you realize you can't win.

Shit worth buying? Weekly cleaning service, a PA. Konmari your shit. Merino wool t-shirts. Amazon Echo paired with wemos. Some fucking decent usb chargers. Dinner plates that fit two to a row in your dishwasher

Right, the company actually cares about their employees unlike the other ~90%

Still, it's a sedentary life and it distresses me sometimes.

Yut!
What's your MOS?

What do these mean?

Mailman.

It's been great for losing weight down from 275 to 225 in 6 months but when I reach my goal weight and I want to put on muscle it will be a problem.

I'm walking 10+ miles a day and I only eat once a day because it is too hot and I am so busy.

what are the best cities for programming jobs in germany? i've heard about berlin is it a meme?

Automation Technician Apprentice. Nah not at all, i see my job as a warm-up to gym. I lift, drill, and weld at times on the job, but most of it is electrical installation.

From what I've heard, Amadeus in Munich is
actually recruiting.

You ever consider a trade? They're quite profitable and easy to get started on.

IT contractor

insanely flexible schedule and no supervision so I'm blessed. The real gains goblins are wife and kids. 24hours in a day x 7 = 168hours minus even 50 hours worked a week is 118hours left over. stop making excuses you faggots

U.S Air Force, my AFSC isn’t too bad since we’re running around and lifting heavy shit almost everyday. Gives me a reason to stay fit.

Attached: 12E48E17-FB4D-4F27-8023-9D65CA6064D3.jpg (678x658, 154K)

I make around 30k working part time and I live in melbourne, like, st kilda. Have money for hobbies and everything.

I share a rental but with my two best friends.

Currently looking for a full time job, if I can make 50k there and do night work after on a few nights I'll easily be at 65k gross.

How is mailman life? I imagine being on your own most of the day, walking around outdoors would be pretty nice.

How is it getting in without degree

Farm hand
yes and no, I'm strong but it's hard to get aesthetic

Daycare. Not really, its 25 h/week and 5h/day, 12-17. I get to sleep well and have plenty of time working out in the evening.

Its hard work for the first couple years until you make career. I really wanted to quit in my first few months.

When things are going well though the job is great.

How do you get into this?

What's the difference between being "career" and not?

Software Engineer

No, we have a company gym.

This is the dream life user, how do I get in on it? Do I need to study IT at Uni? I get online courses sent through to me from reed all the time.

It's good that I caught this on, out of curiosity, say I have 3.5 to 4months of free time to learn it, achievable? Only other things I will do is to exercise, eat right, weightlifting, meditation and nofap (have gf).

From speaking with and listening to many self taught devs it can take a year or more to get a strong enough grasp of development before you're ready for work

Why do you feel you are to dumb for web dev? You likely just gave up honestly, that's what a lot of people do, you just have to keep at it, if after a couple of months you just don't get it, then maybe drop it.

How did you approach the learning process? What tools did you use?

Funny you should ask right now, I was just told my "contract will be ending" next Friday. The wonders of working through temp agencies. The only thing that annoys me in this, is that I already have 3 possible jobs lined up, and am waiting to hear about an interview for my no 1 pick the end of this week, I was planning to do the whole "I quit, fuck you, I quit" dance as soon as I got it and quit without notice, but the fuckers must've sniffed out my attitude change or something. They must've known idgaf anymore.

But in a way that's better, telling the new company my contract simply ended is better than coming up with bullshit reasons.

medstudent aiming for cardiology

Attached: 1533580988952.png (960x960, 297K)

Yeah I can imagine so, was still working with the web dev framework in mind (Learned passable skills in 3-4 months)

plenty of time to lift but might change next year

Man I just really want to be rich.
I want to have enough money to buy land in an obscure part of my country and build a beautiful self sustaining compound for friends and family, I want to have enough money that if tomorrow I want to travel to the US to watch a Lecture with a professor I can do so easily.
I just want true freedom you know? Not fuck you money, but, ok what will I do tomorrow money.

And how have crayons been working for you?

Na fuck being rich, I just want to be a monk living in a monastery in the mountains but still get to play video games.

But capitalism says I have to wear a suit and get paid to sell useless shit to dumb cunts.

M&A tax lawyer. No, just go to gym after work.

what if there was a monastery in your country where you could go for a few months to sort your life out, no responsibilities, healthy food included, limited internet, gym included.

Would you go there?

Mate if this is a prison joke you are one cheeky cunt.

Pretty sure monks have plenty of responsibilites, but I doubt you'd be hitting your protein targets, and they probably don't have even limited internet.

How do you come by a personal assistant? I have no idea on how you would find someone for that task. Also, have you had people come out of the woodwork and ask you about sponsoring some charity or non-profit service?

I would recommend against Uni. Get a job, any job in the IT field and then take courses on the side. Much cheaper and faster way to break in. Get Microsoft certified in something and have some semblance of work history in IT and you can go after JR sys admin jobs.

Work as much as you can and focus equally on 2x sides of it: 1) knowing how to answer virtually any IT question and 2) knowing whats important to people and being personable.

We just fired an autistic guy from my work who was WAY better at networks, Windows server etc than me but couldn't relax and solve problems for people. He would leave shit half done and miss opportunities all over the place because he didn't want to talk to people, and couldn't guess what they ultimately want. he should have been a programmer.

Contracting is doing the job perfectly and very quickly and charging a ton for it. Often people want us to do shit they don't understand so there's creativity and winging it that goes along with it.

I worked at a consumer electronics store in the US for 3 years and then found a job at a local IT company working as an Intern. I make something like $40 an hour because my clients know I deliver and keep calling me

Shit nigga. I would.
Just a place in da mountains or forest or beach.
Nicely furnished room.
Internet
Clean fresh natural environment with bare minimum technology.
Maybe a maid that comes by every so often to tidy things up and "clean the pipe".
Would be awesome.

Monastic life includes responsibilities you dipshit.

>internet
>maid
Nah, I wouldn't allow you in
In fact I probably would only allow one day for internet and limited time to.

It wasn't, I have land.
I meant no responsibility to the zeitgeist, no wageslavery. You would still be responsible for cooking your meals, cleaning your shit, keeping things organised.

you need to be diligent and stick with something

Ah right, I've been sent Microsoft certification courses a couple of times and they're fortunately pretty cheap. Is it typical to find older guys in JR sys admin jobs? I'm already 26 and I imagine a lot of teenagers are now going straight for the IT fields.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post user.

freelance digital modeler, currently contracted with microsoft. I work out whenever the fuck i want, it's great

>switched majors 4 times
Jesus what a waste of time and money. How the fuck are you so weak that you let yourself bail out this easy? Lower your standards you fucking spoiled child, working isn't always easy.

Attached: well-adjusted-handshake.jpg (300x200, 7K)

dude you're not old at all. young people are typically more unstable and thus I feel more comfortable hiring a 26 year old than a 22 year old by FAR.

the job is more important than the certification. Where do you work currently and how many hours

all jobs get boring. that's why it's called work. don't switch so fast just because you are losing interest

most people would benefit from entering the workforce for a couple years before going to college

Hell, I would even if the place didn't come with a room. I know at least three ways to build a semi-permanent shelter that would probably be better than the shit room I live in now, only thing I couldn't do is plumbing, I could wire up electric if I had access to mains. But then again, I'm not the type of guy who would most need something like that. I mean, my life ain't a bed of roses, but I cope. The kind of guy that needs this would be the guy that can't do shit for himself.

Attached: 1514174915498.jpg (1080x844, 93K)