Does Jow Forums eat mushrooms?

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agaritine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've tried so many different types of mushrooms in so many different ways and I still cant stand them. 0/10

Absolutely. Can’t get enough of em.

fuck yeah dude mushrooms are fucking great

high in protein, low in calories, and prepared right they taste so meaty and delicious.

if I were vegetarian/vegan I would probably eat like 3 lbs of mushrooms every day. Beautiful nutritious based fungus.

Reminder that Paul Stamets says they are bad for you (portobellos and buttons).

Ikr? Plus they are so cheap I fucking love it.

>get some portabellos or some shittake or whatever is on the shelf at the grocery store
>cut them up into little slices
>sautee them in oil on a skillet until plump and juicy. add liberal amounts of salt and other spices that you like as they cook. onions sauce also works well.
>put them on a burger or eat them as a side or just put them in a bowl and eat them all at once

Alternatively, I have also had good results with boiling mushrooms in a mixture of beef broth and vegetable stock.

One of those foods I always thought I hated as a kid, but when i ate them as an adult I started liking them.

I mainly put them in breakfast burritos, pizza, and stir fry.

Hell yeah I eat mushrooms. I'm not much of a chef yet but last school year I'd add them to my ramen, eat them on the side of things, add them to pizza, etc.

Yeah shiitake, enoki and shimeji mushrooms are my shit.

Unironically only the psilocybin kind
Just don't like the taste

Attached: col-price-g344f.jpg (843x1600, 193K)

No. I vomit as soon as one touches my tongue

Came here to say this. He is quiet about it now but in the past has claimed that mushrooms from the agaricus family (porabella, portabello, white, crimini, and button mushrooms) contain agaratine which is as carcinogenic as cigarettes, and must be cooked at a high temp for a long time for them to be safe.

Mushrooms are only as toxic as their genetics and substrate they form on. If the mush is not toxic by nature and the substrate used for mycelium colonization is not toxic the fruiting body will not magically become unsafe. Learn to shroom my dude.

Yep.

Still, I'd rather eat mushrooms like Shiitake where there's not a mushroom expert saying they're borderline (or explicitly) dangerous.

>high in protein
>3g protein per 100g
>high
There's some protein but high? nah

Yes, the best ones are wild though. Find some mycology group you can tag along with for a few forays, then enjoy a free food source year round that not many people take advantage of. Chicken, hen, chanterelle, morel, oyster, and several other mushies can be identified by a novice fairly quickly.

>buy champignons
>fill with herb cheese
>grill or bake
enjoy

Attached: 342885-420x280-fix-champignons-gefuellt-mit-baerlauch-frischkaese.jpg (420x280, 52K)

All things are dangerous if you consume too much, but mostly just because someone claims they are an expert does not make them so.

>mushroom expert
>snake oil salesman

yeah but 100 grams is only like 25 calories. So you're still getting >1g of protein per 10 calories, which compared to most food is quite protein dense. So I can casually eat a kilogram of mushrooms and I'm getting 25-30g of protein for only ~250 calories, plus any extra calories from your method of preparing them.

>eating cancer

does that mean i shouldnt eat poop mushrooms

Ya brah, do up some spinach, onions, tomatos, mushrooms, and eggs in a skillet, melt some cheese on it and add some hot sauce if ur feelin dangerous

>eating shit tier mushrooms from the store.

Attached: IMG_20180430_142752_607.jpg (3024x3024, 1.87M)

I wouldn't the only time i have seen shit mushrooms they bled mush piss which is an antibiotic to fight off an infection. I mean you can eat shit mushies but they are not as safe as controlled boiled in a pressure cooker substrate.

been thinking about growing my own mushrooms, how did you get into that user?

Not that user but lean to sterilize a room, make substrate, do spore injections and how mycelium consolidation and fruiting works. As in bags or mono tubs.

I forage for chanterelles in upstate ny. They're fucking delicious. It was a wet summer so it was a good season.

Attached: How-to-Store-Chanterelles-800x445.jpg (800x445, 76K)

I also harvest sulfer shelfs, aka chicken mushrooms. They look, feel and taste like a chicken breast.

Attached: 05NATURE-tmagSF.jpg (362x398, 78K)

People that go wild picking have my respect. I always feel the need to do spore prints to grow in house. Where i grew up we had mushrooms like destroying angels and death caps along with other more tricky shrooms.

You have to blanch them for 4 hours to leech out the Agaritines properly. Cooking Agaricus mushrooms normally is nowhere near long enough to break down/leech them.

Most of the fungi of the Agaricus family bio synthesize Agaritines.

They're fucking nasty hate the texture.

>respected mycologist with valid published work

I know that feel. Eastern mass could be better for mushrooms. For some reason a lot of mushrooms that should be here just aren't.

boyaaaaaa growing dem oysters :DDDDD

Attached: smallboitickle.gif (266x243, 250K)

fuck yeah I love these 10/10 favorite mushrooms

You'd best be eating sautéed mushrooms, green peppers and onions with your steak, nigger.

>mushroom enthusiasts
Now I've seen everything.

How the fuck do you eat a kg of straight mushrooms?

Don't get me wrong, they're delicious, but I wouldn't be able to eat it as its own meal.

Share your recipe, user. I usually do some oil or butter, balsamic vinegar, maybe some shallots and whatever other shit I feel like

At least once a year to get some perspective gains

And what kind of perspective do you gain from eating portobello mushrooms, user? :3

So what are mushrooms actually considered? A veggie?

i believe they are a type of small animal

They have their own biological kingdom (fungi). They aren't plants.

Nah mushrooms are gross and they're basically just filler like rice or potatoes. Rice and potatoes taste better too. Literally eating fungus, disgusting. You might as well be a nigger or a dirty jungle Asian

This guy shills disinfo for the pharmaceutical industry they're actually nocturnal mammals

Technically its more animal than plant.

It exhales CO2, inhales O2.
It 'consumes' its food source.
And, in a way, thinks. Whereas plants only react.

Damn these look deadly. What do they taste like ?

Attached: 1534019902202.png (462x433, 407K)

No, theresssssss no posssible way that you could classssssssify mushroomssssss assss mammalsss. They are fungusssss

Attached: grinning jew.gif (480x270, 2.69M)

Mushrooms and potatoes both taste better than rice.

>Does Jow Forums grow mushrooms?

Yes. P. Ostreatus, L. Edodes , H. Erinaceus, and I'm about to start inoculation small modified pf cakes with C. Militaris once the dried silkworm pupae come in.

The shiitake is by far the tastiest mushroom, but take hella long to colonize. I had a batch flush last week that I prepped back in march.
The oysters are most bountiful during harvest, I usually have to share with family cause its too much. And I buy or trade at farmers markets rather than sell.
The lions mane is tasty, but I take like 75% of each flush and dry them. Then powder. Then pop into capsules for those sweet sweet erinacines.

The cordyceps will be a learning experience, but the energy gains from taking 200mg did is unbelievable. Fuck sips, pop cordy-mils!

Chicken is from the jungles. Hence jungle fowl.

Rice and potatoes are starches aka sugar aka you're a faggot.

Fungi is the internet of nature. If you're not tapping into that you are still a faggot, you faggy ass faggot who works bundling sticks for a living and smoking imported English cigarettes.

These are brutal to purchase. Close to 40 per pound.

I’ll saute them with onions and mix some heavy cream for an appetizer. I only get to afford a bite never enough

100g fresh weight. That's 10g dried.

3g per 10g, dry.

That's some good var. Columbinus you have pinning there.

Do you prefer just opening the bag or making slits when you put into fruiting?

I'm having issues with my H. Erinaceus not forming any primordia. Its been in a Martha for almost 2 weeks and I got nothing.

Pf ten works with p. eryngii, h. erinaceus, and l. erodes. But the first two are kept in jar when fruiting, and the shiitake needs to popcorn and brown fully before you can grow fruits.

*L. Edodes

Just so you know... Prints are nice, but if you learn to do agar work you can clone and jar potentially gallons of primo inoculate. Unless its a mycorhizal species, in which case use the gallons of inoculate and a super soaker to (with luck) plant a garden outside that can span acres.

Prints are good if you are building a library, they are potentially everlasting.

Protip: if you are building a library, use old gameboy cartridge cases for storing the folded and marked foil. With 2.5 inch diameter prints fitting easy, you can get quite large prints in no prob.

Protip 2: when cloning, tear the specimin in half rather than cut into it. Even if your cutting tool is sterile you'll push I. Whatever baddies are on the surface.

Protip 3: kiss and sing to your colonizing grains and substrates. For those metaphysical emotional gains

You mean on fit? I like growing fungi more than plants because of how fast the time lapse is.

To see harvestable fruits in the matter of days is really something. You gain a much more deeper understanding and appreciation for nature when you watch it grow and fruit.

Plus learning the life cycle and how each step works is cool. From spore to mycelium running to colonized substrate to fruit body to spore again and again ad infinitum is mind expanding.

It basically depicts the human reproduction cycle in the matter of weeks. Except theres way more 'sperm' being released than you'd ever produce in a lifetime, and its going all over mother natures face. All the time.

i don't think so

I'll give you my go to.

- a nice sized saucepan on medium high, with a lil evoo.
- mince some garlic, I go 5 large cloves, and go til they just start to change color.
- add 1 medium onion, chopped pretty well, and go til it starts to go translucent.
- a bunch of cut up mushrooms, I prefer anything saprotrophic, but I guess you can use buttons or something mycorhizal. (Using chantys in this would be a waste, it'll make this sauce great, bit its going over meat with/out potatoes. And if you're making a good sauce, you're making a good rest of the meal, so you want to taste everything else as well. But I won't stop you.) Go til they lose some moisture. Add salt to help with that.
- 1 cup white wine. Chardonnay is the standard cooking go to, but last time I used an open moscato and the pear taste went very well with the over all flavor. Add and scrape up the fond aka lil bits. Go til its soaked up a bit.
- add 1 (or 2) cube(s) chicken bullion crushed up and mix in.
- then, its 1 cup heavy cream, mixed in slowly while stirring. Reduce heat to medium low, and have it come to a boil. Stir every so often and try not to keep tasting.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- go til its thick enough to stick to a fork.

Serve with maybe a pork loin cutlet or steak with mashed potatoes and boiled ears or corn with a glass of the wine from earlier. Get blown by your wife/gf.

Plant a forest. Inoculate with chanterelle spores/mycelium.

Have a chanty forest in 5-15 years.

But you must act now!!!

90% water. The nute facts are for fresh unless its specified.

Yeah, just looked it up. 100g of shiitake (like 5-7 fruits) is 2.2 g protein.

Yes

No, they cause cancer.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agaritine

All mushrooms in the genus Agaricus which includes common button mushrooms.

>2018
>not being a fun guy
Never gonna make it

Only with ketamine.

yeah I could never afford em

I'm just enthusiastic for clean, healthy, FREE food. Its why I hunt, fish, cultivate, and forage.

nigga im not gonna read a whole wikipedia page, u wont take away mushrooms from me theyre good for the gut microbiome. inb4 enjoy ur cancer, i won't get cancer nigga nobody in my family ever got cancer so take your wikipedia page and go

Why would i care if you get cancer? I couldnt care less.

Damn, a random stranger on the internet doesn't care if I get cancer or not, this is making my day very bad, what will I do now with my life?

Are you me?
I can only drink them pulverized in a tea so I dont gag on them

Got any good resources to get started with that? I'd like to read up and, at some point, give it a shot myself.

i eat them and i grow them

Attached: DSC01102.jpg (2048x1536, 838K)

some tasty Cyclocybe aegerita

Attached: DSC01093.jpg (1536x2048, 859K)

buy some pleurotus ostreatus spawn online, make a bag of damp woody garbage, add spawn.
oysters are really that easy.
you can add some gypsum too to if you want, it'll increase your yields a fair bit. crushed drywall works
my first grow was on shredded cardboard, coffee grounds and some woody garden waste

>seed pic
Welp this ruins my nofap

Mycelium running by Paul Stamets.
r/mushroomgrowers

Yeah, chanterelles fried with some shallots and butter and scrambled eggs is absolute GOAT.
Shiitake, champignons and many others are great for stir fry or fried rice.

weeping milk cap is probably the greatest mushroom to ever grace this gay earth.
Unfortunately they are becoming exceedingly rare where I live.

Attached: braet-o2.jpg (1024x680, 146K)

i like the taste of shrooms, not sure what everyone else is talking about.

r-type level 2 boss

Attached: DSC01101.jpg (960x1280, 191K)