I want to use the leg press machine but I am afraid of snaping my shit up after seeing the video of the woman whose...

I want to use the leg press machine but I am afraid of snaping my shit up after seeing the video of the woman whose knees bent backwards.

I have been doing dumbbell squats since I have started going to the gym and tried seated leg presses (sucked).
I think it would be good to add normal leg press to my routine if possible.

Is it safe to use?

t. skinnyfat gym newfag

Attached: 81adGnmey+L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1223, 212K)

Don't do it, there's at least one or two people a week who hyperextend their knees at my gym and have to be taken away by ambulance.

wew

Are these any safer?
My gym has both pic related and

Attached: legpresswide.jpg (618x348, 27K)

Go heavy with shorter sets and always remember to lock out your knees for safety.

@47378885
Go away with your Jewish trickery

just don-t fully extend the knee

Attached: 7o6MWm.gif (320x180, 1.49M)

why don't you just fucking barbell squat already? if you're too scared to do that then use a hex bar and "deadlift"

Literally just don't lock your legs out or ego lift and it is a nonissue.

Kek

NOPE NOPE NOOOOPE

I will never not laugh at the fact that the guy standing next to her reached for her breast as his first reaction.

Millions of people have use the leg press for decades. Only a few instances of this severe injury have ever happened. Unless you have some sort of severe knee hypermobility, it is extraordinarily unlikely to happen to you.

Stand up. Try to bend your knees backward. If you can hyperextend your knees more than a few degrees, then you might be at increased risk. If you can't, then it's nearly impossible to have that sort of injury.

Why do you wanna do leg press? Just do front squats or sumo deadlifts if you really wanna hit the quads, but back squats are enough.

>Is it safe to use?
Yes, as long as you lock out your knees on every rep. Like reeeaally lock out your knees, while you tighten all of your legs from the feet to the butt.

Good luck!

Anyone who uses the leg press machine is guaranteed to injure themselves in 1-2 months of serious pressing.

Just do cycling, preferably mountain biking but road will work

Oh FFS OP just don't be stupid and lock out your knees you stop just short of that you'll be fine quit being a pussy about it.

This is wrong. You don't get any gains if you don't lock out your knees as fully as possible.

I use the hex. Keep my lower back from rounding and keep my head up and I have no problems. Don’t want to fuck up my lower back so I mostly just go for volume. Leg press is ok but again I go low weight and high volume and wedge my hands under the small of my back for full lumbar support. Dumbell goblet squats are also good. Or sumo squats using the landmine t bar or just a 100 lb dumbbell.

Skip the leg press, just squat man.

This. No point in using the leg press, it's a waste of time.

Use the rowing machine on MAX you mong

>This. No point in using the leg press, it's a waste of time.
so much this. the leg press at my gym goes up to 510 with the stupid +10 switch on the top of the stack. i can rep that for 5x20 no problem. but squats, im at 3.5 plate... 5x8 and get doms the next two days. but im old.

Attached: 20180509_015218.jpg (328x491, 40K)

Let me just say one thing, and this is totally anectodal but I think anybody who knows their shit would agree.
Both the leg press machine and the squat require you to pay attention to form, but it's much easier to simply tell someone "don't lock out at the end of the movement" than to actually explain bracing and general avoidance of spinal snap city.
The fact that the leg press machine avoids compression of the spine means it's less likely to cause injury, considering the stupidity of the average gym goer.

>Dumbbell squats

Use a fucking barbell, leg press is shit

you're afraid of leg press, but not afraid to squat or deadlift?

Retarded circlejerks ITT so far:
>snap city from stupid shit
>dumbbell squats
>don't lock out brah
>hex bar diddly
Seriously guys wtf

Attached: fronk.png (380x314, 256K)

what do you get out of making your lifts up on the internet you fucking boomer

probably shouldn't use it as a primary exercise but it's definitely not a waste of time for additional quad volume unless you think you know better than Ben Pollack or Ed Coan etc.

stupid post

just do fucking squats like a nornal human you pussy

Just fucking squat.

>>>/tumblr/

look at this homo

So new.

There's always that post in the day that makes me kek loudly like an idiot in the middle of the office and be embarrased. Today it was yours. Thanks

leg press 100% but its also a waste of time, dont use it. just squat

>thinking a 3.5pl8 squat is e-statting
>trying to name drop powerlifters when youre obviously not a powerlifter and dont know anything
stop

>self confessed skinnyfat gym newfag
>thinking he knows whats "good"
>doing all that pointless variation
also stop

>additional quad volume
post legs. guarantee you have a sub 5pl8 squat and sub 30 inch quads

>so much this. the leg press at my gym goes up to 510 with the stupid +10 switch on the top of the stack. i can rep that for 5x20 no problem. but squats, im at 3.5 plate... 5x8 and get doms the next two days. but im old.

yeah, for sure this clueless boomer fuck squats 365 for 5 sets of 8 my man, 100% he's not e-statting

for a doable 5x8 you're probably talking 70-75% 1rm, which would put his 1rm squat at 485-525 probably, you are one gullible retard if you think some random boomer is putting up those numbers, that's something only a few people in /plg/ are capable of

>only a few people in /plg/ are capable of
lmao. I out squat him, and so do dozens of people in /plg/ stop larping, youre not a powerlifter. and 3.5pl8 for sets of 8 doesnt translate to a 525lb squat are you fucking mad?

Don't do dumb shit like trying to touch your knees to your chest on it and then go up at super sonic speeds, that's how you annihilate your knee. Here's what you do: start off at 50% of your repeatable max then go down slowly for 4 seconds, then go up slightly faster while counting to two so you don't go far enough to overextend your knees, and hold it at the top for 3 seconds. I do nearly 750lbs on the leg press like this and have never rekt myself, you've just gotta be careful.

depends on your volume tolerance retard, which is why i gave a range

if you are doing 365 for 5 sets of 8 you are absolutely talking about a high 400s squat at the very least
>so do dozens of people in /plg/

who? MA and FIGJAM are the only people I can think of right now squatting 500+ naturally, unless we want to start counting dead trips

Who tf uses dumbbell for squats. Grab a barbell.

>sub 30 inch quads
you're fat as fuck if you have 30 inch "quads" my man, you're grotesquely obese 100%

i know guys squatting 585 who don't have legs that thick, delusional fat cunt

Who uses squat racks for curls?

dozens of anons. Im one of them. its pretty clear you dont post on /plg/ because if youd have said a 5pl8 squat was e-stat worthy on there you would have been bullied

context you fucking mongoloid

in /plg/ i'm perfectly willing to believe someone squats 500lbs, but you re-read that post and tell me you honestly believe that boomer is legitimately squatting 365x5x8 lmao

3.5pl8 for sets of 8 is literally nothing. Im guessing hes ~30 joking about bad knees. plus hes smart enough to know leg press is useless, so his programming is probably not completely retarded atleast. it would be embarrassing if he couldnt squat that desu

>woman whose knees bent backwards.
I'm sorry, but that video is fake

i mean tbf if you claim a 500 squat even in /plg/ people probably won't believe you unless you have a webm or video or something

literally wrong. 5pl8 squat is pretty much the minimum level of strength youre worth listening to in /plg/

right but you don't just claim to squat 500 without posting a webm or something right? otherwise how would people know who to listen to

Bullshit

Just don't lock your knees and you got yourself a safer alternative to squats

Don't do it. If you really want to use a machine to really hit your quads, just use the smith machine. And even then I'd really just recommend squatting instead. Or if you want to hit your quads more, frontsquats.