Start using oly shoes for deadlifts

>start using oly shoes for deadlifts
>all back pain vanishes
can someone tell me why this is?

Attached: adipowerx2.jpg (850x472, 94K)

Are they actually worth getting? I don't have any issues with pain, should I just stick with my flat soled shoes?

if youre a dedicated lifter its the best investment you can do, worth every penny

dont get the leistung, adipower is GOAT

adipower is pretty good, but i feel like nike romaleos are really the goat shoe

I have Rom2s

It’s like I am Link wearing iron boots.

*nike romaleos 2

oly shoes suck shit for deadlifting. you want flat soles so you don't get inclined to fuck.

They're good for squatting if you have mobility issues getting deep in the hole, but they're for Olympic lifting, as in their name.

that's for conventional diddlies, sure
the oly shoes turn it into a more quad dominant movement, probably the reason why OP doesn't feel much back pain anymore

you can deadlift with oly shoes, in fact many people can lift more when you get used to the form

that being said, i tried it and hated it

i have the 3 and they are just as good as the 2 if not a bit better

>you want flat shoes so you don't get inclined to fuck
So flat shoes help with nofap too?

if you don’t have ankle mobility issues causing your squat form to suffer, you don’t need lifting shoes

but even if you don’t need them you might enjoy them. try lifting with 2.5lb plates under your feet, that’s basically what it’s like

What size of plate would that be in KG?

you have more forward knee travel over the bar now, and a slightly more vertical torso angle (your deadlift now looks slightly more like a weightlifting clean pul would)

you can force more forward knee travel without those shoes as well, since dorsiflexion demands in dl are low anyway, you would just have to actively cue it

Around 1.25

Don’t you have to bend forward more for deadlifting with raised heel shoes? Your hips will be higher and your hands must reach down lower, or am I being retarded?

you are actually dead

>Deadlifting
Lol

I use them for deads to get that better quad activation during the lift

more upright

underrated

you rely more on your quads than your posterior chain.

Have a look at Klokov deadlift vids, guy just pretty much did deficit stiff legged with oly shoes

>can someone tell me why this is?
placebo. The pain you had without olympic shoes was not from anything actually being wrong with you. You only believed so

Get out, shill.

No one has told me yet why everyone recommends flat shoes when Adipowers and Powerlift 3.1s have heels on them.

for different lifts, deadlifting you want flat shoe squats you want oly shoes, get it?

Shit form weak hammies, not utilizing posterior chain would be my guess.

What's your diddly 1RM op?

For deadlift? How the fuck can you use em for deadlift?

Whats the best catch all then? Heel or flat? I dont wanna go carrying two pairs of cloggs in my bag.

Kind of true, but also imagine that you're being "rotated" towards the bar since your heels are lifted, so you effectively bend over less (the angle between your back and thigh can be relaxed [increased], but your calf to thigh angle needs to change to compensate)

Don't know, but people still manage to deadlift with shit form with any type of shoe, if oly shoes are good for you then keep doing it
Oly shoes makes me more aware that i need to get tight and be careful with my lower back, now i can pretty much lift the same weight i used to but with good posture and less hinge
but they also made me aware that most people have monster lower back from bending the back while doing deadlifts and when they do it, it looks uglier than ever now

What reason is there to deadlift in oly shoes? Deadlift doesn't require additional ankle flexibility. All it's doing is making the lift harder by putting you on platforms and giving you a less favorable ROM mechanically. Only reason to deadlift in oly shoes is if you're training for olympic lifts and want to work out the ROM that you'll be using for the clean/snatch.

I workout in my home gym, and do deadlifts in my socks.
Are flat shoes better than barefoot??

>Using oly shoes for deadlift
Absolute dumbass

Interesting, I will try deadlifting with my squat shoes then because my deadlift angle is barely horizontal.

ha

no

Nope, barefoot is ideal. The lower you are the the ground, the better, for the same reason that guys with midget t-rex arms have bad leverages for it.

Only reason I personally lift in the same flat shoes I do my other lifts in is because I started off back at the uni gym doing it this way because I wouldn't take my shoes off at a public gym, and just kept the habit after going homegym.

I do squats and diddlies barefoot and imo it should be the most natural way to go, if you have the flexibility for it

>adipower
>cheaped out and got the powerlift 3's
did I fuck up? I will admit they're REALLY fucking good compared to the 30 euros trash tier shoes I've been lifting for years on

Why didn't you just take your shoes off? Are you autistic?

At a public gym? Against the rules and because it's just fucking weird to do that in public. That and the deadlift platforms were way too smooth and slippery for barefeet/socks.

I lift in bare feet though

I also got the powerlift 3s, they seem pretty good so far.

the 3's dont come in neon colors tho

>Whats the best catch all then?
Flat

>I dont wanna go carrying two pairs of cloggs in my bag.
Too bad, because that's the smart thing to do

oly shoes (raised heels) work for everthing

So do flats user

Powerlifts have a babby heel. Maybe not a huge deal but if I'm buying a heeled shoe why go below the standard height. Some WLers even add more heel to their shoes.
You could have gone middle of the road and bought Power Perfect 2, that's what I did.

I can squat down all the way in full slav squat easily. Will oly shoes improve my squat anyway?

Yes, oly shoes will make your back more upright, improving leverages

Why the fuck is it weird? Is wearing socks taboo where you live? If it's slippery put down some rubber mats

i do all my deathlifts bearfoot

It is pretty common to see people Squat/DL'ing with no shoes.

I happened to pick up a pair of Adidas powerlifting shoes on clearance for $22 at Ross so I just use those. They are white/orange though so ugly AF but for that price who cares.

Poorfag student here, anyone know of a cheaper alternative to adidas or nike lifting shoes? Had my eye on some weightlifting shoes since my ankles have terrible mobility and running shoes are to squishy to squat heavy with
With that said, 100+euros is a shit tonne of money for shoes

lmao just lift in socks, no need to buy expensive shoes that do nothing

don't listen to this guy
Buy the shoes and see for yourself how worth it is
even Adidas power lifts are good enough

Im not lifting barefoot my dude, had a L5-S1 disc bulge from squatting with shitty mobility and form, if i have to splurge on expensive shoes to keep my spine healthy ill do it, just wondering if theres a cheaper alternative to big brands like nike and adidas
Would check them out, problem is there not available in any store in my country, and i always want to try a shoe before buying to see if it fits

Just go poverty mode and squat with plates under your heels.

I've heard people wear dress shoes because of the hard soles and elevated heel.

Only if they're adidas

idk where you live, but if I saw someone take their shoes off, them go get rubber mats to put on the deadlift platform...I would think they're fucking weird, and I'd think that while understanding what they're doing. Imagine what everyone else is thinking.