25+ anons only

25+ anons only

How do you feel about how well your brain works now that you are older? Do you feel smarter or dumber than you used to?

Personally I feel a lot dumber, like although I come to better conclusions it's only because i'm wiser and know all the 'cheats'. My brain feels so much slower these days, it just has preset reactions to most things so that it doesn't become an issue.

Pic unrelated but getting old sucks.

Attached: 1487076450713.jpg (710x850, 161K)

My brains is damaged due to drugs and shit health, but im under 30. If not dead before 40 im gonna fucking deal with more shit.

I'm in grad school doing materials science research. It works good as fuck.

I don't know how to put it but can you explain how the damage feels? possibly not or else you would know how to avoid it.

Some examples might be you cant focus, you keep thinking about irrelevant things, you find yourself doing something then wondering how you got there, it just feels slow etc.

Grad school past 25? doesn't sound like you have the healthiest brain.

I've only just hit 25 this year and I've been put on bipolar meds and AD's. I feel like my brain barely works at this point and I'm just going to be some fucking vegetable for the rest of my life. I don't know what fucking happened that caused me to just lose my shit but it was basically last year that everything kind of fell apart. People would argue that I still have my mental facilities because I can work and talk and function (mostly) but I feel like a fucking moron who has no sort of deeper thought or ability to do the problem solving i used to do (still trying to finish a computer science degree).

Attached: 1521260851984.jpg (607x481, 43K)

I'm certainly not less smart, but I think I'm just less impressed with my own conclusions lately. Perhaps that's what youre experiencing.

That's what i'm getting at, I can talk/function normally but I just feel fucking dumb now and cant articulate how, literal soulless zombie with no deep thought. I can't work out if it's a necessity of becoming more normie, normal with aging or all in my head.

Cognitive failure, memory loss, cant walk like a normal person if i dont concentrate. Less focus.

so yes like you wrote something like that, but these symptoms shouldnt show up at this age. Just abused my body a little bit to long.

I haven't slept properly since i was 18 since i'm a zombie most of the time anyway.

I don't feel dumber. It just feels like I've reached the end of the road. Like this is it, I've reached my first form...and it's not exciting at all.
I don't think I'm really gonna change much anymore. I'm 27 and been the same since I was 15.
My body feels more exhausted and mentally I'm just gone. I'm always fatigued and just wanna lay down. I'm unmotivated and have no hopes of desires.
Getting old does suck. I sympathize with people who kill themselves. Why live when there nothing to live for?

>mentally i'm just gone
Isn't that the same thing as being dumber?

Fuck. I am 18 and I already feel like that

You should see a doc then, its not normal. im trying to recover but shit only will get worse with age. cheers to that.

Not dumber, just being more realistic about myself and stuff going around, also i dont get impressed so quickly like when i was 18.

I just turned 25 last month and feel a lot calmer and more in control of my actions, but still have the same energy and aggression I had at 18 (thanks gym). From around 21 or so I had also changed myself around mentally as sort of a rewiring to think possibilities of actions out before taking them so I guess with that ability of foresight brings peace of mind too.

Grad school is 4 years and you graduate undergrad at 22 usaully. How retarded are you?

I'm fucking 35 and im still here ... and yes im a NEET

Is there any redemption for me?

>How do you feel about how well your brain works now that you are older?
You're 25, not fucking 60.

few years older than you... it doesn't get better. oh well. 16 was peak

Im 27. It's pretty common for people to experience a big mental change from their teens to their mid 20s.

You're not going senile at 25, you blackpill cuck.

Wtf are you talking about retard? no one said anything about going senile

>My brain feels so much slower these days
>Pic unrelated but getting old sucks.
You're not going senile or have dementia, you're just a blackpill loser-cuck

i've definitely become a lot more lazy. the brainpower is there but i can't find a reason to use it. took up some old habits like playing vidya and shitposting just to waste time. i'll have a manic episode every so often and remember what it's like to be alive before sinking back into nothingness again.

>You're not going senile or have dementia
Wtf are you talking about retard? no one said anything about going senile or having dementia

You feel like it's there and you just don't use it but if you actually tried to use it I bet it wouldn't be as powerful as you remember. Mostly because of out practice the point still stands that you cant easily use it.

I just feel really ignorant. I will see posts or videos or comments from people who are 20-23 years old referencing philosophers, historical events, etc. in depth and I will have no idea what the fuck they are talking about.

yeah it absolutely takes practice. that's another thing - you know the frustration and anger at yourself will be temporary if you just keep at it. but what's the point? i won't be a mathematician. i won't be a famous producer. i'll never amount to anything. so by rationalizing myself into a hole i save myself from the disappointment of never knowing whether i could really achieve my dreams.