Riddle me this:

Riddle me this:
>Why don't homeless people who struggle day after day, eating garbage and dying of disease just commit a crime and go to jail?
>Jail will provide you with free medical care
>Jail will give you a warm bed to sleep instead of cold cardboard in a back alley.
>3 meals a day, its crappy food, but atleast its not infested with insects and mold that makes you puke your guts out.

Downside:
>no freedom
>forced to exercise
>be told when to sleep and eat
>forced job
>possible to get an education

We put people in jail for less.

Attached: 1534283173352.png (600x600, 175K)

Hahaha. This was a Ren and Stimpy episode IIRC.

The large majority of the homeless you see aren't there because they are down on their luck it's because they're mentally ill drug addicts

If jail means not getting drunk and high they will stay away from it

Also a downside:
>NO SEX
>no alcohol
>possibility to get raped every night

You are dumb OP. Homeless people do this all the time.

I need to see this, but what happens in the end?

The reason I wouldn't want to go to prison is I would get attacked and fucking damaged by the other inmates. But thankfully the anal rapes don't happen as much as they say they do.

Have you been to Courtland Street in Downtown Atlanta?
Or anywhere in Chicago.
Or 20 miles vicinity of Detroit?

If its possible, then going to a mental institution might be a viable option. Free drugs, co-ed areas where you can fuck ugly bitches.
All the positives of being in jail, but with more freedom

I would think a good way to deter that is to tell everyone you have AIDS or some kind of STD, put fake warts around your bum.

A better question is; why is prison the only solution? You think the government could let these people live in some tents in parks at least.

Because they don't produce anything. There's no profit in keeping them in designated areas. They can't survive normally without the aid of others producing trash or charity.

Prisons get money from the government and sponsors the more inmates they have. That's why a person who smokes weed gets 20 years in prison.

They usually try to avoid prison because prison is fucking shitty and even worse than being homeless.

>intentionally fucking up good parks with the scum of the Earth
Let's have them all live with you in your backyard since you are so generous.

How so?
You have a better chance of survival in prison than you do homeless.

They're called hippies.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 7.34.11 PM.png (359x398, 292K)

>Prisons get money from the government and sponsors the more inmates they have. That's why a person who smokes weed gets 20 years in prison.
And you don't think the government can reach some sort of middle ground or similar yet alternative solution?

Garbage isn't that bad, OP. You'd be surprised what some stores and restaurants throw out. Expired, pre-packaged food is basically just an extension of the food stamp program.

They can get more out of inmates than homeless charity.
The government can get returns in taxes or cheap/free labor from inmates who do community service.
Its more expensive and less profitable to just buy a big homeless shelter, give it utilities, provide it with food, hire people to maintain it, provide it with amenties like beds and blankets all on the tax payer dime and get nothing in return.

In prison, its a privatized entity. Meaning jails are run by private corporations that can utilize the people there. And if they do their time and get out, they come out high in debt and have to pay taxes and banks for all the lawyer fees and court cost. They don't come out with a clean slate.
It runs pretty deep.

Being homeless, you're worse than a leech. You're a parasite.

>In prison, its a privatized entity.
So then build a homeless shelter which is also a privatized entity where people who live there maintain and sustain it.

You still run the risk of food poisoning. Who knows how long that raw beef has been in the dumpster in the heat.
Good or not, there's a thing called bacteria, and even if they throw good food out, you have a higher chance to get sick.

Who the fuck eats raw meat out of the trash? No wonder you think being homeless is tough, you're retarded.

The idea is sound, but there's no incentive. Homeless people are for the most part not very charitable in nature. They don't want to work for free, even if the trade is free bed and food. Why work for a bed and food when its given to those who don't work? Path of least resistance.

No you idiot, I'm not saying they eat RAW meat. I'm saying you can get sick from infected meat even AFTER you cook it. You could char the shit out of beef, but you could also get sick from it.