INTERMEDIATE PRESS PROGRAMMING

I have been doing ss for 6 months now and my overhead press is beginning to stall. I do eat more then enough. Is it time to intermediately program this lift? If so, how would I do that?
Stats 120kg
2 meters tall
58kg overhead press

Attached: 1442967b5f8d53cfdc7aa0f4b4eb8265.jpg (462x881, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/making-your-novice-strength-training-routine-more-effective-two-quick-tips/
barbellmedicine.com/novice-bench-and-press-plug-in/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whos that hot mamacita?

anna song

Bump cause I need this

strongerbyscience.com/making-your-novice-strength-training-routine-more-effective-two-quick-tips/

Specifically step 2. But please read the entire article.

it's not even funny anymore that women this hot exist

Attached: 1513699254304.jpg (778x512, 45K)

Check form
That sucker better be right over your head and not just your forehead

I always thought if you stall, de-load a week or two.

Attached: 1512612871784.jpg (434x640, 67K)

...forgot to add: then increase volume.

So, yeah, Deload then increase volume (?)

> SS for 6 months
> only 58kg OHP
> starting to stall just now
Were you microloading this thing from the beginning? What the fuck, are you trying to lose weight? My OHP was at that level after 3.5 months, 5x5 with 3 stalls, I had to drop down to change technique and drop to 4x5, when I stall next I'm going down to 3x5, then 5x3. It's time to actually read the Starting Strength book

Not as a novice, repeat the same weight

>when I stall next I'm going down to 3x5, then 5x3
This should've been past tense, not future

I started doing olympic wightlifting and still rings training and it has helped my OHP

can't really lift any more weight but I can do way more reps at lmao1pl8

Attached: 27893916_149623392377633_595881451954634752_n.jpg (1080x1343, 118K)

Bump for interest

>My OHP was at that level after 3.5 months
He probably started at a lower weight than you did.

I'll reiterate this if you want to keep the weight progression as simple and linear as SS/SL. If you want to dabble into using RPE in your training, do this:
barbellmedicine.com/novice-bench-and-press-plug-in/

I remember stalling just under 60 kg, its difficult and partly mental maybe? (Hitting that one pl8) just keep trying and deloading if it does not work, add more volume, do pin ohp (check alan thralls video on it) and most importsntly listen to A Tribe Called Red - electric pow wow drum when lifting. When you finally get it (you will) it will feel amazing. I feel luke ohp is the hardest to increase but is also the one that drops least when deloading. Regards: 94kg ohp

Im not sure what exact cause of effect is but I got past an ohp stall by adding incline bench dumbbells, triceps dumbbell extensions and hangs

>120 kg Bw
>58 kg press
>Am on an intermediate?
>Should o eat more?

Stop posting these women. It makes me so very sad

iktfb
I'm too much of a coward to get megamilker girls.
They're always taken anyway.

my OHP got to 75kg 5x5 after 15 weeks, started at 47.5kg 5x5
didnt even deload in that time

point is: either you have shit genetics, or you are doing something else wrong, cuz 70kg 5x5 should be fairly easily obtainable if you arent massively cucked by your own body