/uni/ general

Preparing for a new year edition

Feel free to talk about your course, college, and student life in general.

Attached: UNI_1.jpg (249x249, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ischool.sjsu.edu/current-students/registration-and-enrollment/seven-year-limit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

are you from USA?

try joining a frat. each country has some kind of frats( greek frats are only prevalent in USA) which will help you with charackter develeopment.

No, I did study abroad there though. I was thinking about joining a frat until a few freshmen died from alcohol poisoning at various parties, cops got involved, watched a house get raided with my own eyes, an entire chapter had manslaughter charges brought against them - but the cases didn't go anywhere after they hired a top legal team. The whole thing kinda put me off frats, but it's just a personal opinion and i'm aware that they're not all bad.

who /Social studies/ here?

I thought my life was over but i just managed to get a foundation year course for physics. Its a year i have to do before year 1. Im so pissed off i thought i did well but at least im in somewhere doing what i like.

I already graduated.

Protip for you youngbros, trying to help you prevent losing years of your life going to a uni / enrolling in a course that you'll hate:

Interview people from your uni / course of choice and ask them about insider information - whether there are established traditions, rules and requirements (lost a year to reforms pushed by the ministry of education because our grading criteria were so non-existent and the quality of graduates was so low)
- whether the lecturers are professional people or wankers who backstab their colleagues
- whether students who have already completed your line of study have successfully found employment, and how many of them have careers

>frat
>charackter develeopment
actual lol

how do i find a girl, lads. and dont say go to parties.

Attached: 1531546225553.jpg (746x739, 44K)

Transferring from CC to uni this semester doing Computer engineering at UD. Literally know no one, what do.

Go up to hot girls you don't know and just ask

>first day of community college
>almost every guy I sit by asks what school I went to and said I look familiar
>dont know any of them

Attached: 1503696656556.jpg (655x527, 36K)

>parents are forcing me to go to college

Attached: 1501803092838.jpg (900x900, 65K)

Two more years of law school. 190K job waiting for me at graduation.

Aiming for top of class, top 10% will do, in the meantime.

>this is what virgins expect will happen

Attached: 1508887746172.png (1513x1029, 1.28M)

t. shut in who has never approached girls and doesn't understand social interaction

>he buys his friends

Attached: image.jpg (600x599, 164K)

is there anything more cucked than joining a frat?

how do you study abroad? Is there a particular scholarship of the sorts? It sounds fun and I think it would develop my social skills tremendously

ud as in denver? just smoke some weed in your dorm and someone will come knocking

no you dont need a scholarship you just have to sign up for it and pay for it. also need certain grades based on what college you're at. some schools have great study abroad programs and have gained recognition for their programs whereas others are half-assed in their creation.

how much more is tuition if you study abroad, and are there any extra benefits to it as far as gaining attention from future employers and regular study?

College is like neetdom except you go to class a few times a week and do homework. It's kind of nice actually.

Most universities will have a foreign exchange office or somewhere that lists partnerships with other universities. For me (britbong), I was lucky enough to be good friends with the head of my department, he told me about a new exchange programme that had just opened up in the U.S. I studied hard, got good grades, and a grant for my travel expenses (it was actually cheaper for me to study abroad than to stay at home, lel) I had a great time, and it was particularly helpful for my degree (History) in learning about events from a different perspective. Too much to say in a single post really.

Attached: bob ross chilling.jpg (800x450, 95K)

I hope I can get into capoeira or judo this semester, maybe the chess club too, or singing or even yoga
And for the fourth time I noticed my uni library had a book I wanted, is pretty comfy
And now I have some money I can go eat taco bell during my 2-3 hour breaks

I dropped out last semester.
I'm joining the work force and making money.
Fuck UNI.

wow, RUDE. If you're enjoying life and making dosh, it's cool; good luck in the future.

Attached: doggo bath.webm (640x640, 1.29M)

trade school is just fine if you don't really have a vocation for a career

If you're a robot your expenses shouldn't be too high anyways so no point in going to Uni.

>Real Analysis
>Fiber Optics with a lab
>Numerical PDE's
>Numerical Linear Algebra
>DSP
>Power

Am I gonna make it this semester?

Attached: 1530857622432.png (995x995, 691K)

why the fuck would they fill the tub to the point of overflowing

I keep droping out and rejoining this shit, the uni establishment is addictive like a drug.
I don't know what my identity is without going there, like people ask me what I'm doing and I have no answer. I don't have to work so if I'm not going to school I just float by society aimlessly.
At the same time college is a scam and I feel like an idiot going. I'm thorn.

It's a good strategy. I mean, who else is going to play 2hu and watch anime with me? No one since 2001, hahaha

Attached: kizuna.jpg (879x538, 41K)

How else are you gonna teach Archimedes' principle to dogs?

holy shit you guys

So, I fucked my shit up. Really bad.
I have a associates degree. a 2-year degree.
I've also got 140 credits at a university, but they're 10 years old. I really fucked up. I dropped out.
I took the wrong classes, and the advisors didnt help me figure shit out. But really, its on me.

I also let a long time go by. Essentially, as soon as you start, a timer starts and depending on your state, you've got a set number of years, (7 in California, idk for other states) to complete your diploma. I fucked up. I couldn't afford to live there anymore, I was going to school full time and working full time because I couldn't get any grants. Then I lost my job, had a series of nervous breakdowns, etc.

Now, nowhere will honor those 140 credits, because its been too long, even though Ive got enough for a bachelors, Ive got to start over.

basically, I should just fucking kill myself.

please don't comment saying how fucking stupid I am, because I know, and I want to die because of it.

I just wanted to post saying... just,
Dont do what I've done, folks.

Attached: moen.png (614x578, 744K)

go to parties

You are not an idiot, user. The decision had to be made and it looks like you were in a bad moment. The fault is not on you.
If you actually want a bachelor, start over again. It doesn't matter if you have to do those 2 years again because you will end up regretting it if you don't even try to do it.
What was your associates degree?

I mean, it's statistically your best shot

Thats not true, credits last forever In California

If anybody is going to uni in Massachusetts or New Hampshire, please be my fren.
Drop your Discord or anything.

Attached: 1494671989859.jpg (636x632, 144K)

>starting master at same uni I did bachelor at
>2 days of courses per week
>thesis doesn't start till second module (semesters divided into 2 modules)
Kinda nervous because I have no idea what we are going to be doing to fill out the rest of the week. There is group work and an individual paper but that doesn't seem like enough.

ischool.sjsu.edu/current-students/registration-and-enrollment/seven-year-limit

n o p e

I'm a freshman poli-sci major. I am really depressed right now so i'm just kind of hiding in my dorm when i'm not in a class. I considered hanging out with all the other rejects at the anime club but i was too embarrassed to sign up at the club fair. I fucking hate this life user's, wtf do i do?

People that go to anime clubs are weird as shit. Lots of mentally ill weeboos. That being said, you don't really have much to lose by going. There's a chance you could meet 1-3 people you click with and that's all you need. Big friend groups are a meme anyways.

Remember, the deeper you go into Uni the lower the chances of making it an enjoyable experience you have. After freshman year it's much harder for autists to fit in because everyone has already settled into their friend groups.

t. fucked up my freshman year and had no friends for my entire time at uni

My GRE retake is on Monday. I really hope it goes better than my first attempt because I honestly have no clue what's going to happen to me if I don't get into Grad school again.

It's been a long and rough ride but assuming I pass all my classes this semester will be my last.

so many cuties at my uni that i walk past daily
>it hurts. i cant even satisfy my most basic instinct

Attached: tumblr_pc8yq0Chjc1wfoq15o2_1280.jpg (661x612, 93K)

Teach yourself to tolerate pain.
Interacting with others is a labyrinth-minefield, if you do it enough it's guaranteed you'll get hurt. The trick is to toughen up to the point that it doesn't scare you, where you get insulted and rejected and mocked and ignored often enough that it simply isn't a threat. For real, the pain of getting called a creep or causing an awkward silence or getting laughed at by the whole class is a paper cut compared to the pain of regret at having lived your whole life in your comfort zone.
Make a project of finding your Joker moment. Reaching that point where you realize, 'you have nothing to threaten me with.'
gl user

Is anyone else here is a degree you know you're gonna regret? I'm a poli scifag and don't even really wanna do anything related to it.

I go back in just over a week. This fucking summer flew by so fast. I'm really fucking panicking because I have no idea what I'm gonna do after I graduate. Time shouldn't moving this fast.

ye me. i already changed once. it feels like i am in an endless circle of nothingless

Attached: 5cedf86ed642aa9690ac1d5163f62bae.png (548x708, 714K)

>go to one party freshman year, second ive ever been to, only went because of norman roomate
>end up getting accused of sexual misconduct for kissing a drunk girl
>am now basically known as the campus rapist and am going into sophmore year and dont know how to transfer out

Attached: 1511406615344.jpg (650x773, 89K)

>graduate school
>at this university
Stop being stupid

I got a psych degree. Regret it immensely. The stuff is interesting but it prepares you for nothing. My job isn't as bad as I know it COULD be, but it won't be long before I'm taking orders from people younger than me because they got the "right" degree.

Starting 2nd year engineering. Am actually pretty worried. Was able to pull through alone towards the end last year. Don't think I'll make it through like that this time around...

Engineerifag checking in

Attached: 1529181368003.jpg (975x600, 65K)

>moving into my dorm for the first time in two weeks tomorrow
It's finally it lads. Six years of anticipation and it finally begins. In two fucking weeks.

Attached: 1520301709516.png (300x300, 74K)

I go back on Monday. How do I drag these next few days out for as long as I can?

Attached: chihaya10a.png (950x530, 455K)

Don't waste each day glued to the screen

>last year
>get dragged to party by grill on the same course as me
>drink too much like an idiot and blackout
>wake up, don't remember how i got home
>apparently I got a taxi with the grill and some stuff went down
>she's not exactly good looking, but she's mad thicc
>she won't tell me won't happened
>rumours going around the whole campus
>still gets brought up to this day

What did I do? What did she do to me? How much shit can you get away with in the back of a taxi?

Attached: 1425034305155.jpg (456x628, 22K)

How small is your university? Only few will remember and give a shit, I bet

I go there. Depending on your major I may have you reconsider getting a master's at SJSU.

6 thousand, is that enough?

>end up getting accused of sexual misconduct for kissing a drunk girl
The world is so crazy, isnt that what you are soppsed to do. Kiss the. To see if it is a go?

going into 2nd year computer science fuckkkk

Attached: barclay.jpg (694x530, 89K)

Anyone else get in to UoB?

6000 freshmans as of last year, you mean? Only a minuscule fraction of those people still give a shit or even remember you, if anybody does. Don't worry; the whole fucking school doesn't know about the 1000th student who made out with a drunk girl and got shit for it.

there's actual rapists at my uni and most people never think about them or know what they look like

>tell myself that i'm going to change my studying habits for next year
>will probably end up in the same situation of cramming work in at 2am in the library

Attached: WAKE ME UP.jpg (342x311, 17K)

>snort speed in exam period
>do no work rest of year

Attached: 1500368070367.jpg (387x468, 102K)

First-time college student. I'm afraid of the debt. I'm too pussy to take out the $20k loan. I'm gonna be $80k in debt when I'm done in a BS degree. What should I do? Do I even bother?

>final year
>my own apartment
>can have fish tank
>will work for state after this
THE END IS NEAR!!!!!

Go to cc the first 2 years

>tfw graduated last spring and now im a bus driver on my campus
I don't no if this is a good thing or not
Didn't really use my useless degree so whatevs

I just dropped out. And that's something I don't regret.

The way colleges are run is just a meme. It's supposed to be about transitioning from high school into the workforce, but now it's more about babysitting adult children.

I'd do a bit of reflection on yourself. What is available for the job market and what specific ones can you tolerate.

College staff won't tell you this because the Executive people have to keep their pockets lined up with extra shekels. So, you have to give them the middle finger and find the path yourself.

Just like learning to fix a car yourself after the mechanic fucked it up and made it worse.

t. Dropped out of uni after 5 years of memes and $25 in debt

First week of classes
All is going great

Don't take more than 20-30K in student debt if you're getting a meme degree. If you're getting a degree you know will get an in-demand job with a fat paycheck then take however many loans are necessary. 80K in loans + meme degree means you are going to be a slave to the loan Jews your entire life.

Do law students count here?

Just finished my first week. I'm a K-JD so I am one of the youngest people in my class, and I can already tell I am already having a hard time making friends.

Side bar I am happy to offer any advice for undergrads or people lookingn to apply for law school

Fuck me boys, my place next year is a student studio room, which means I won't even have contact with others in a shared kitchen space anymore
what the fuck do?
he's right tho, that shit doesn't happen
how does it feel, my uni is in northern england and everyone's a fat ugly slag there

Attached: 1523658415807.jpg (1080x1349, 331K)

Dude living alone fucks. I did it my senior year and cant go back. It is literally the best thing ever.

to socialize go force yourself to do shit. join a club or something

>entering junior year
>basically 2 friends (maybe 3 if I'm being generous)
Rarely see them so it may as well be 0
Is it done for me

Got hired at a place on my campus
8 of my 10 coworkers are girls
How do I exploit this to get friends?

>tfw my only close friend was a girl who transferred colleges
This sucks
I really liked talking to her and spending time with her
Told myself off the bat that there was no chance of anything romantic so I didn't feel anything romantic for her

Hang around the library or something.

College is that fine line between being a NEET and having enough to do that you don't kill yourself out of boredom. I can't wait to get back into it.

>How much shit can you get away with in the back of a taxi?
Quite a bit short of stripping down and fucking.

>tfw no idea what I'm supposed to with my degree if I ever even graduate
Why am I here

Attached: 5511469-4361776904-31185.jpg (480x480, 38K)

>thought this said snort sneed
>/tv/ is permeating my brain

Attached: 310BB41E-CFBB-49F3-9761-9D1FDC724062-1966-0000019CCF0658E1.jpg (736x745, 97K)

>work on campus
>student I work next to has horrible BO every day
>must never shower ever
>absolutely rancid, smells like she might have literal chunks of skin rotting off her at all times

Attached: 89E079FE-A4E6-4D91-BFC4-94D5B05849C0.jpg (617x617, 91K)

University Of Delaware. No dorm here cause ill because Ill be commuting.New type of hell

How'd you manage that? Isn't it hard to get a job out of lawschool?
t. prospective law student

>starting third year of biology major
>no friends at all
>crippling insecurity and depression regarding my appearance
>taking a poli sci class for the first time involving American government. I kind of want to do pol sci as a minor, but the professor is a jewish woman and so the whole thing will presumably just be about how much she hates drumpf. goodbye to my near-perfect GPA
>have to share living space with a bunch of girls because jew uni president decided segregating based on gender is oppressive
>more writing requirement shit
It's already worse than last year and I don't start for another two weeks.

Attached: wojak-lazy-eye.png (645x773, 12K)

someone post the story of that guy who got known as the college creeper because he tried approaching women.

I wish you the best of luck, user. You're in the final stretch but don't let that get to your head. Go get em' champ.

Moving back to my uni in Texas in a few days.
Freshman year was rough, but made good grades and one friend.
Thinking of attending the anime club, anyone have any experiences with their uni's anime club?

Attached: 1529561323989.gif (500x375, 983K)

Is lawschool actually hard compared to undergrad, or is that just a meme?

Just don't. Join your major's club which is actually relevant. Anime club is likely full of plebs and ironic weebs anyways.

>spent last 2 years at comfy community college living with my parents avoiding all social interaction
>now have to move to big state uni and stay in the dorms
It's been a day and I already hate it here. There's so many normies and chads here. At my community college it was all, chinks and oldfags. Fuck I really should've got an apartment and just kept to myself. University is a meme don't fall for it.

who cares as long as its not 300 lbs girls with short blue hair. anime club is on my list to check out.

Anime clubs draw some disgusting people. You still have 3 years of school in which to be associated with them. Are you sure you want to do that?

Yea but I am not going there