Why are all of you cunts so depressed?

Why are all of you cunts so depressed?
>muh life don't matter :(
Okay? Lol, most peoples lives dont matter, stop being a bitch and enjoy your stay
Im seriously perplexed as to why all you autists are so depressed

Attached: Ugliestraccoonfromthecityoftrashthesequelcenterbig1brilredlife_e7e1cc_6701212.png (1200x887, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder#Genetics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i want meaning

Fun nihilism is just Hedonism. Join the hedonistic wave my brother.

You cant have everything you want faggot

I would to enjoy it but because of a chemical inbalance I feel bad all the time.
I've always been like this even when I do well in life.

This is exactly what I've thought for a while but I never knew how to say it.

The chemical imbalance thing is a stupid meme. Has anybody even told you which chemicals are even supposed to be imbalanced?

Unfortunately Hedonism is self defeating, It's like playing a game with someone that "just wants to have fun". It stops being fun immediately

I thought Nihilism was the belief that there was no inherent concrete meaning in the world, therefore we have to find meaning in our own lives?

>"have"
that's a strong word user

Its not hard to google shit my dude.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder#Genetics

>However, since the 1990s results have been inconsistent, with three recent reviews finding an effect and two finding none
Really makes you think doesn't it user?

I don't have the right balance of THC and dopamine

How was this tested?

>Nihilists

Literally who gives a shit about what they say.

That's right user, if you keep ignoring the truth it will go away

chronic quality sleep deprivation and a lifelong struggle with physical illness that has yet to be identified

>Walks into a cancer ward
>Why do all you people have cancer? lol

On a long enough time scale, nothing really matters. Thing is most people have no bussiness looking that much forward.

I don't feel much happiness but that's because I fried it, that does make me an easier prey for this way of thinking. I have to remind myself everything beyond my death is irrelevant to me right now, there is no reason not to do my best. I'll do it on pure willpower (if that even exists) if my brain can't produce the useful chemicals.

Way to completely ignore everything that came after.
>Other genes that have been linked to a gene-environment interaction include CRHR1, FKBP5 and BDNF, the first two of which are related to the stress reaction of the HPA axis, and the latter of which is involved in neurogenesis. A 2018 study found 44 areas within the chromosomes that were linked to MDD.

I ignored it becasue it's worthless. Certain genes being linked to a slightly increased risk of deperssive tendancies is not exactly solid evidence that you're sad because of magic chemicals. What makes you think you have these genes anyway?

Hedonism is finding meaning or purpose in pleasure.

I find almost nothing pleasurable so I cant even find meaning that way.

that's not at all what hedonism is. Hedonism is just seeking pleasure because it's pleasureable to feel pleasure. Nothing to do with meaning

This. I want meaning. I don't believe anyone can ne happy in this life without meaning or purpose. OP and people like him are full of shit.

>tfw generally happy these days and have no idea why I'm here
habit is a bitch

Attached: 1458309181142.gif (512x384, 155K)

You'd best start looking for a different life then. The desire to find meaning is just an evolutionary adaptation to make us better at hunting and survival

Just gonna clarify right now. I am not this guy Do I think that chemical imbalance alone can are the cause of depression? No. But I think they play a very important role. I mean we just looked at the data.

>What makes you think you have these genes anyway?
If you get a diagnosis for depression, they dont care 100% whether or not you have these genes so you wont get tested. What happens is that they evaluate your mental health and ask questions like has anyone else in your family had depression. If you do manage to get diagnosed with clinical depression, then its very likely that you have these genes.

I dont believe in evolution. Its preposturous to believe you evolved from pond scum that arrived from a comet a billion years ago.

>Its preposturous to believe you evolved from pond scum that arrived from a comet a billion years ago.
Why?

I'm just really fucking sad. Exercise and doing stuff helps but it just makes me regular sad.

Well yeah I agree but 99% of the time when someone says they're depressed because of magic brain chemicals they normally have obvious and actual reasons to be depressed. No friends, history of drug abuse, lonely virgin with no future prospects ect. It's like the people that blame their genetics for being morbidly obese except they get exploited by quack doctors that reinforce their misery in exchange for vast quantities of money

>99% of the time when someone says theyre depressed because of magic brain chemicals they normally have obvious and actual reasons to be depressed. No friends, history of drug abuse, lonely virgin with no future prospects ect.
Genetics can still play into things there as well. I think what it is that certain people are more prone to becoming depressed despite environmental factors.

Like two people, one with the depression gene and one without can experience the same thing but the one with the gene is more likely to get depression.

For example, i have minimal social contact with friends. I occasionally talk to them on discord but I wouldnt say its very fulfilling.
I am also 23, live with my parents and work from home.
I am on a ton of medication for shit which makes going out at night fairly difficult. I cant drive.

I am not depressed however. I just get by. However, maybe if my brain were wired differently, I might be.

Well obviously everyone's predisposed towards different things.That's why I used morbid obesity as an example.

no shit, but if you lost your job, your parents and what friends you have, would you be depressed because of that or because of a chemical imbalance you were born with?

To put it anouther way, everybody has different neck toughness, bone density and thickness but if somebody got their head chopped off I wouldn't blame their neck

>tfw being a useless neet loser that plays videogames all day is actually really enjoyable
I can't tell if I'm stockholm but I don't feel like the grass is any greener on the normalfags side. I have little to no desire to have sex can't miss something you've never had and when I do one fap is all that's needed to make it go away for another 8 hours. My life is collapsing around me and sooner or later I'll be out of money but until then all I can think about is what armor set I'm going to farm in monster hunter. Escapism is one hell of a drug.

Attached: 1522675911930.jpg (739x739, 28K)

>but if you lost your job, your parents and what friends you have, would you be depressed because of that or because of a chemical imbalance you were born with?
I have no idea. I imagine it would be a bit of both, like the data said. I imagine some people can be depressed without having the gene but it does seem like having it makes people more prone to it.

>To put it anouther way, everybody has different neck toughness, bone density and thickness but if somebody got their head chopped off I wouldn't blame their neck
This is such a reductionist analogy.

How is it reductionist?

>Dad is dissapointed in me because i don't play sports but i actually have great grades 89-92 average
>Grandma who i live with is never happy until i get a 100 and always complains about everything
>Classmates hate me because i don't give them answers during tests (as you should this isn't communism you can move to north korea if you want answers that badly and effortlessly)
>Outcasted from school regardless of latter reason
>Family think im a dissapointment because i like playing video games eventhough they aren't to my brother eventhough he recieves less pay and he plays basketball
>Fucking anxiety attacks because i can't erase the fact that im doing all of this for nothing and i'll die and lose it all

I actually have no idea why i hate my life

Because you are assuming that genetic factors are the only thing that matters here.

No I'm not, the man running around with an axe matters a lot too.

You are either underage or retarded if you only just thought of that / think we didn't know. Even Peterson wouldn't fall for that.

And you think environmental factors are equivalent to a man running around with an axe purposely trying to decapitate you?

Because I can't function as a human being due to the fact that I'm mentally ill and the government won't give me NEETbux so I'll starve in the streets two years from now.

Yes. Pretty much originally

You guys need to find a proper career. It doesnt have to pay 80k/yr and it might not be the next job offer you accept but there are engaging jobs out there that fill you with purpose.

Anyway my point was that depressed people are depressed because they're in a depressing environment and not because of magic brain chemicals that can't be tested for. Sure some people are more resistant to being depressed than others but that's besides the point.

This.

>just le enjoy life! nothing really mattress xD

19 year old faggots who know nothing and havent even set foot in reality yet.

You did ask why I am upset, you enormous fucking faggot. What sort of idiot asks a question and then gets mad at the answer?

r9k isn't one person you retard. Anyway I was just answering the question implicit in your statement