Religion

What does r9k think about religion, specifically Christianity?
Are you believers?
Any of you attending church?

Attached: IMG_4639.jpg (736x535, 52K)

Don't believe, respect the intentions. The death of God has more cons than pros. I like the Protestant idea of Satan as a concept rather than a being and the battle with temptation, it's one of my favourite biblical themes and it's relevant today in a hedonistic society.

Attached: 5c993b1a6ac8ecdb9c4282b2d477fff6.jpg (800x633, 89K)

>Are you believers?
Yeah, but I'm a heretic.
>Any of you attending church?
Yes, every week.

I don't go to church or fast. I was raised catholic. I think Christian values are important and good though

What makes you a heretic, user?

>The death of God has more cons than pros.
Fuck off Jordan Peterson.

I want to be more religious than I am now, cause I feel like it would strengthen my character. Also it just feels right, i cant explain it well. It nice being connected to something so ancient.

99% of Christians I meet are either total morons or easily impressionable manchildren desperately trying to distance themselves from atheism due to its now soured reputation as something exclusively for edgy autists.

Religion is idiotic. People usually stop believing in fairy tales when they reach 12yo

Atheists are literal babies
>Baaaaaw if I don't see it then it doesn't exist!!

I like going to church,
and I have no shame admitting that it's nice being "the one who goes to church" in my friendgroup. Most of them abandoned their face or grew up atheists

Attached: IMG_4858.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

Orthodoxy or bust.

Attached: 1429129619690.jpg (1600x1509, 376K)

i'm gnostic

What are you attending church for then?

christianity is jewish bullshit
i don't know how so many people can claim to be ethnic nationalists yet worship and praise a foreign god that wants jews to rule everything with an iron fist

Religion is a good coping mechanism and moral compass. That's basically the only good thing about it.

Grandpa is a hardline Catholic and he's my only friend.

After years of efforts I have rare knowledge and know what's going on.

This multidimensional universe was created by an evil creator god that rebelled against God's will. We're imprisoned in the reincarnation cycle the Buddhists speak of, with many (false) heavens and hells. The imprisonment system is so all-encompassing and tight-knit - almost as if there's some kind of artificial intelligence involved - to ensure you don't find out what's going on before your memories are erased again pre-reincarnation.

All gods of all religions are false energy-harvesting gods except for Jesus Christ who's the true savior that can return us back to the true heaven and break us out of this cyclical hell. We're in the end times and this is our last chance.

>false gods: creator of the universe and everything in it
>true god: a dude who was murdered by jews
hmm...

here. Christianity is the replacement for Judaism. Christ came posing as their god so as to preserve his teachings that were really made for all of us. The evil jews that realised this turned from him and are now (at least largely) the Satanists of today.

I think he wanted to prove a point with his death

He told his disciples that he knew one would betray him, because it was all a part of his plan. He said he could've stopped it but he didn't, because his sacrifice is our saving grace.

>easily impressionable manchildren desperately trying to distance themselves from atheism due to its now soured reputation as something exclusively for edgy autists

This is most of the "trad" kids who become Orthodox or some shit because they viewed too many SJW cringe comps

Fuck it, I'm a believer but want to end it all so badly. Fuck my life.

Attached: Fra_Angelico_090.jpg (1308x1600, 397K)

Care to elaborate a bit on that?

Never been religious, but I do like the idea of enlightenment. Not on a spiritual level, but bettering your mind and body by making peace with yourself. Probably the only reason I've held myself together.

God is the ultimate cope

Attached: E71A8506-B4E3-43F7-8833-B9B5027DAD44.jpg (479x720, 35K)

Nah. I've never been religious. My parents didn't take me to church because they wanted me to make up my mind for myself. I've never attended a service or felt any compulsion to do so.

I went through a phase when I was 10 or 11--I really wanted to believe in witches and vampires and werewolves. I read every pseudo-scientific article and book I could find at the local library, some of which recounted historical events lending credence to a supernatural narrative.

But I couldn't make myself ignore their more logical rebuttals, all of which made more sense than magical creatures roaming the Earth.

I've always applied the same logic to God--it's a fantastic idea. But if there's no reason why God must exist, I cannot justify belief. I would, in fact, much prefer having faith than not; not many people want to imagine a world wherein their relationships, familial and romantic, utterly terminate at the time of death.

Both creation and evolution exist simultaneously

Read "Can You Stand The Truth" by Anagnostou-Kalogera

Beeing part of a church group is like the irl version of beeing in a discord server where the moderator is literally god, if you're into that kind of stuff then sure.

I'm listening to the bible on audiobook right now. How can I be paying attention to an audiobook and Jow Forums at the same time? I stop paying attention to the bible when they're going over the details of who begat who and tabernacle construction.

I seem to have fallen into the category of treatment resistant depression now. I've been completely alone for days for the first time in a few months while on ineffectual anti-depressants. I'm motivated while mentally ill which is a dangerous combination. There's moments recently, just seconds at a time, when thinking suicide would be better isn't just an idea, I really believe it. It's not just edginess anymore.

On some level I believe I'm attempting to religiously convert myself to... something in desperation. Religious conversion is known for treating depression. On a much more real level I'm trying to distract myself because I'm really scared of my mind going idle. This shit is long enough I can distract myself until I can see another person again.

If you experience god then there is logic in believing in your own experience. There's ways scientifically shown to produce religious experience more frequent. Since I've finally gotten some religious experience I've swallowed the agnostic pill mostly, since there's no reason to not believe in something you've experienced, if you're uncertain if it exists or not. Agnostics all seem to be suicidal though so maybe becoming one isn't a good idea.

Attached: 69f.jpg (354x286, 14K)

I also cannot stand most literal interpretations of religion you have to be retarded to literally believe this shit. I see religions generally as independently founded examinations of some phenomena common to all mankind. People pervert religions, if not the text the orthodoxy for selfish purposes.

I just need something where I can see how dim my life is, and how dim my future is, and ignore all that, and have faith it will get better that's not based in rationality.

I checked out the website and it seems like a bunch of New Age, pseudo-scientific bunk.

I'm skeptical of anyone who talks about "energy" and "higher forces." Any such constructs are fantastical--there's no evidence for their existence, in the sense of the supernatural, and are created solely through imagination rather than observation.

Just because 'creation' cannot be fully explained doesn't not mean God or similar entities is the logical fill-in.

People are prone to misinterpreting events and construing coincidences as miraculous. We're human--our perceptions of reality are not always accurate.

I'm not completely close-minded. For instance, I have a Bengali friend who says her house is haunted. She's a very smart person and has told me some stories that don't have easy explanations. Several of her close friends have said they had stranger experiences in her home, like furniture violently shaking on its own, voices coming from locked, empty rooms, heavy objects being found in the wrong position, etc.

I don't think that's all so inexplicable as to justify belief in ghosts, though. Almost any explanation is more plausible than "spirits of the dead," and I extend that same thinking to God.

religion is a great impetus for self improvement for me, though i'm not a christian

I see no benefit in believing in a supreme creator.

Been an (agnostic) atheist since middle school, was some sort of a christian during childhood. Since those times I've never felt any need for religion or had any strong feelings towards it.
I find some of the stuff about Gnostic Christianity very interesting and some satanist views are close to my own world view. The Evangelical-Lutheran church is the largest christian sect here and I think that most of them are bunch of cucks that do good things on ground level but the political influence they have is harmful.

>Am I a believer?
Yes.
>are you attending church?
Most Sundays.

>What does r9k think about religion, specifically Christianity?
I respect its moral and spiritual value.

>Are you believers?
Absolutely no. The idea of an intelligent creator is questionable but the idea of an intelligent creator with a known set of beliefs is absurd.

>be in uni
>decide I want to go to church back in April
>this was also the day I started nofap
>last week I don't go to church on sunday, didn't this either
>break nofap streak
>can barely go a day without jacking off now
>guilt is overwhelming but I keep doing it
Is God punishing me

Attached: 1531600084812.png (1000x1000, 345K)