Fishing

anyone on here like fishing? what do you like to fish for? where do you like to fish?

Attached: swimbait fish 1.jpg (750x750, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Fishing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hey friend. I used to fish a lot with my dad when I was younger. We live in New York so it was always saltwater fishing in the Long Island sound. We go for fluke porgy and striped bass. Where do you fish?

fishing is really cool and fun. Do you guys throw them back or eat them?

t. someone who has never been fishing

I only went fishing once when I was 9 and I was the only one who caught anything, it was a baby sea bass, but I didn't know that the hooks impaled their faces so I freaked out. I just thought they didn't let go of the hook. I guess the sharp end should have been enough of a clue but what the hell did I know.

Depends on the species and location.

I always through back bass, throw back 90% of catfish, and throw back bluegill unless I'm using them for bait or it's the spawn and I can catch a million keepers. Good size walleye, trout, and crappie are normally kept.

Attached: oH9VNJ9h.jpg (768x1024, 81K)

There are usually sizes of fish you can keep and a limit for the amount you can keep each day. We would usually keep them and cook them when we got home. It was very comfy

>Do you guys throw them back or eat them?
Depends on the fish. It's courtesy to not kill certain fish like Calico bass or 100 pound+ black sea bass for example. You end up eating most that you're actually fishing for on the ocean though.

Yes.
Trout.
Oregon.

perch is the thinking man's fish

europe perch or american perch?

I'm from minnesota. I spend 75% of my time bass fishing, 20% muskie, 5% other stuff (walleye, northern pike, panfish)

yellow perch, aesthetic little dudes

Pennsylvania, plenty of small resevoirs around.

usually shoot for bass, but i do enjoy trout.

someone tell me where online to get rooster tails in bulk, i lose like a dozen a year in this one stream

If you're looking for deals on bulk, than IDK, but FishUSA has a million different sizes and brands of inlines. They're located in Erie so shipping won't take any time at all.

>i was born to sip n' fish

Attached: 1530376916060.png (680x345, 207K)

Thanks, they actually sell the mepp's rooster tails at 20c cheaper than most places, so buying a shit ton at once is mildly less detrimental

Interesting. I only target them specifically when I'm ice fishing. They just steal my crawlers when walleye fishing in the summer

Tie your own. buy some basic fly tying materials, and whatever size jig heads you like and got to town. You'll need a fly tying vice or something too

>don't have a dad
>grew up in LA
>nobody I know likes the outdoors or fishing
>always wanted to learn how to fish
>nobody to do it with

Oh well, maybe it the next life.

Attached: 1433577443831.jpg (508x472, 57K)

I like to spearfish, but i have to travel to do it since i live inland and it ends up being expensive

Shut the fuck up OP. You made me remember something painful.

Attached: 12564.jpg (320x528, 55K)

get a book, watch youtube videos and then pick up some cheap gear and a license and hit it up
waiting for a next life... seriously? eventually you'll run into a cocksucker fisherman who will talk at you when you're clearly disinterested, ask this retard how to fish and you'll get the local run down

I can't fish for shit, but I still like boating and being outside and stuff. My family and their friends love fishing though. When they fish its usually at some smallish local lake, or a couple hours away just outside of who-the-fuck-knows-where-vill.

I was thinking of watching some Youtube videos, you need a license to fish? I don't want to do it by myself but I guess I might have to.

wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Fishing

yeah you do. remember to get some sunscreen and don't get too discouraged. there's tons of books too, which might be worth checking out if you have no idea what you're doing.

if you plan on freshwater fishing, start by finding a small pond or a reservoir (idk whats around la as far as lakes n shit) and fish with a bobber, some weight, and live worms. you can get worms at bait shops, or in my area, the hardware store or even walmart. watch youtube videos. read books, join some forums online for fishing in your area. I believe their is a south cali forum specifically. eventually you'll start putting everything together and you'll be able to consistently catch fish. overall fisherman are friendly and helpful.

I caught a bluegill and a crappie and ate them, I need to start learning how to get bigger fish.

they really shouldn't have named an eating fish crappie

I fish for trout in Idaho and fish for rockfish, strippers, sturgeon, king cod, and sharks is the San Francisco area.

where are you from? theres largemouth bass all over the country, which can be 8 plus lbs in certain places, but bass don't make for good eating. if youre in a northern climate or near some large river systems or reservoirs, you can catch walleye which is delicious. northern pike get huge (50 inches in europe and parts of canada) but the small ones are good in the frying pan if you know how to fillet them. catfish are really fun, especially if you like to sit and wait rather than cast lures. I'm not a fan of eating catfish, but a lot of people are. just find what species are in your area and start watching youtube videos. thats how i started.

Literally who is that cutie

Of course, never went out to sea though, only freshwater. I like to go after bass and walleye but catch a few bluegills and other things though. Sometimes if I get a good spot I can get a salmom even. Get yourself a smoker and some good lunches will await thee.
As others said it depends on what you catch, normally there is a specific weight/size range you keep to eat and the rest you throw back, so you wouldnt keep a bluegill (most of the time) but you would keep a walleye.

I'm in minnesota, I go to the mississippi river to fish. I think I can catch walleye, it's just so easy to catch those panfish close to the shore so I had been doing that, but there's not very much meat on them.

What the fuck is fishing..i only played video games about it

it's like fowling but with fish

Dude you're in a great place for all sorts of good fishing. I'm from mn as well so I've spent some time on the sippi, mostly for smallmouth bass. if i were you, i'd head to cabelas, fleetfarm, etc. and pick up some size 1/0 bait keeper hooks, swivels (not snap swivels, just swivels), and 1 oz egg sinkers. Tie up a carolina rig (pic) and get minnows. you can catch so many different things. Walleye, smallmouth, crappie, perch, catfish, northern, and the list goes on.

Attached: carolina rig.jpg (470x588, 23K)

fishing is based, up here in ontario, usually catch pike and musky. Saw some catfish heads on the beach the other day and knew it was the fucking polacks

Alaskabot, I love fishing for salmon. They're fun to catch, and good eating too. A typical red salmon in a river weighs less than 10 pounds, but you sure wouldn't think that if all you knew was how hard they fight.

gulf coast here. i guess im the only person that fishes saltwater here. i love it. i "hike" about 4-5 miles down the beach and am probably the only human within a 10 mile distance unless its like the middle of snowbird/yank season.

I used to like fishing but it feels bad now because I'm causing unnecessary suffering to the fish.

ontario has amazing fishing. i take trips up there almost every year

what about the season? should I just do this until it freezes?

the chinese like to gut the fish and strew the banks and rocks with it around the GTA
don't know if they're looking for medicine or food but goddamn them

Caught this little fella last year using a small Caddis fly. Unfortunately I haven't been fishing ever since.

Attached: ....jpg (4096x2304, 1.67M)

anyway thanks for the advice I will try this setup. i just fish from shore but there's a pretty good spot where I can cast to the deeper water from shore, and some guy told me he's caught walleye there, and I saw another guy get a nice northern in the same spot I'd been fishing too.