NEET PC

guys i need a new PC my current computer is from 2008 and i desperately need to upgrade, can you lads give me some recommendations for computer parts/ cases, also it needs to be at a $600 price point

Attached: 142550-HP-Pavilion-Elite_b.jpg (800x473, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com/guide/X3nTwP/entry-level-amd-gaming-build
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can your current pc run tf2?

My pc keeps crashing on start up after a power outage.
It's a pain in the dick to turn on now.
I can't afford a new one. Sad.

For 600 bucks you should just get a prebuilt. Buying parts individually always costs more for low tier machines.

yes but on n64 graphics, but i haven't played tf2 since 2014

Imagine if Jow Forums had a board dedicated to technology. I'd say that would be pretty neat huh

there's always Jow Forumsonsumer electronics

post specs? what do you need to upgrade?

look up ibuypower or cyberpower

just add an SSD. Other than that hardware differences haven't meant much since 08 anyway

just go to pcpartpicker online

pick a random pc on pcpartpicker in your budget and read some building guides. (not just one)

i got burned pretty badly on a cyberpower prebuilt pc (bad psu and gpu, they wanted me to cover $100 shipping to ship it back) and would not recommend them

this, or look at the chart here to learn about parts
logicalincrements.com/

bump NEET PC

SSD is pointless for casual use.

makes more of a difference than literally anything else. disk IO is the bottleneck most of the time

Get a GTX 550.

>used i5 or meme ryzen
>used 1050 gtx or fuck radeon btw
>cheap ssd 120gb for system and 500gb or 1tb for vidyas
>NOT cheap power supply
>8gb dual channel DDR 3 ram
>fuck peripherals, use cheap af keyboard and old monitors cuz u need dosh for internals
>who am i quoting
>le funny reddit arrow

If you've got a 10 year old pc that can only run TF2 at N64 tier graphics an SSD isn't going to do fuckall to make it any better.

go outside instead. getting gaming pc was the worst mistake of my life

10 years old pc vs selling kidneys for escaping humiliating yourself
who would win

I used to be like that, but I've been feeling the opposite about mine lately. There's a few games I still like but most of the time I look at my massive Steam library and I don't feel like playing any of it. I've got a good computer but I hardly ever want to play games anymore.

desu I'd look on ebay for a used one vs buying new. I don't know what you want to use it for though

seriously? I've been saving up to build one and I'm not even that much into games, more into music making and I want to get into video editing and 3D graphics. my budget is 1000 and I might be open to spending a couple extra more to supe it up. 600 seems way too low.

not sure if am4 isn't compatible with ddr3
pcpartpicker.com/guide/X3nTwP/entry-level-amd-gaming-build
here's what you can get for 600 with ryzen and a 1050ti tho

>NEET
>has $600 to blow on a new PC
Tell me your secrets. In exchange, give this site a look if you haven't yet: logicalincrements.com/

i saved up money from my birth day, my grandparents were very generous this year, also i live with my parents so i dont need to worry about food or rent

>neet
>$600
are there any actual neets left here? unless you're getting autismbux or something

having your OS (Windows in most cases) installed to SSD will make more difference than any other component

Don't get memed by cases, buy something cheap. You won't get any benefits for buying a big expensive case unless you're likewise using big expensive components. If you really want to save money, stick it in a your old PC case or a cardboard box, they're both free. I promise you that for a $600 PC you will not run into any difficulties doing that.

Do you play games? If not, I really don't see a reason to upgrade.

Wrong, horribly wrong.
With web updates and fatigue/wear of PC internals you wouldn't be even able to use jewtube etc without constant browser lagging.
Cmon user, don't be this silly, decent PC isn't only for >le muh 4k 120fps fortnit gaymer maymays XDD