Why do people cut? Explain

Why do people cut? Explain

I want a thoughtful 140 character min essay on this today by end of day tonight.

Attached: 69563225-288-k134723.jpg (288x450, 13K)

I don't know about 140 but well what i think is that it is most likely because they desperately want attention but the problem is once they get some it becomes like a fucking drug and also the pain feels good for them at the same time so what happens is they just get stuck on an endless loop and don't know how to get out and even if they do get out it's very likely they will end up right back where they started they can barely even stop when in a relationship and it's also highly likely they have mental issues that they cannot work out and they probably never will Again i'm no expert this is just what i assume but i guess you could always use google also OP are you okay? do you cut?

Attached: 1111333432424.jpg (728x480, 56K)

>Why do people cut? Explain
Attention.

It feels good and distracts people from bad feelings. I don't get why people say it's unilaterally attention.

/thread
Borderline's have a pathological desire for attention. They're like children.

its not attention, its because it feels good, i'm not kidding. only attention whores and drunk cutters shitpost while they are doing it

How does it feel good? Is it like extreme itching or something

As someone who has self harmed themselves, it's not about attention for me. I hid my scars for years until I just couldn't be fucked anymore.

I self harmed because it was what I knew people did. I hated myself and wanted to punish me for it I guess. And then there's the serotonin hit which is so good the moment blood spills out.

I would compare it to standing under the shower and starting it cold. It sends chills through your body, clears your mind, and gives you chills.

Plus, just seeing myself bleed is adrenaline for some reason. I like it.

Lmao I counted 139
Get fucking good

Cutting oneself is a phenomenon often residing with depressive individuals. Now that we know who is doing this we should get into the motive. Say if a person was raped cutting would be a sign of control over their body, or resenting the parts of them that were taken advantage of. Second, some people find it easier to deal with physical pain rather than emotional pain. Third, people with pent up anger may take it out on themselves. Fourth, some people could see it as cutting out all the bad from themselves. Perhaps the pain provides some sort of twisted solace. Some people cut to take out anger at their selves, the body that they hate so they abuse it by cutting. Now let us not forget people can do this for attention and sympathy as well. Besides all these hypotheticals we can never truly pin down one reason out of the many.
Now let us review this occourance
The depressed cut themselves to feel something. In short it is an unhealthy coping mechanism and is a trend among suicidal people.

its cathartic and satisfying in an odd way. and yeah some people do it for attention.

The people with depression or anxiety feel better after cut themselves. I dont know the reason but the say that and the otherhand when they dont hidden the cut is for atenttion.

because i get angry and have the over welling need to hurt someone so i hurt myself to keep others around me safe

Ahhhhh fuck you i'm drunk i think it's good enough

Attached: 1513568404483.png (225x225, 7K)

>hate myself and feeling suicidal
>don't wanna get a scar because I hate attention and don't want a reminder of that feeling tattooed on my skin
>punch myself in the legs instead

anger and shame. I need to hurt myself to release my emotions

I didn't use to cut. My oldest friend moved away last year and we talk a lot through video chat, she was suicidal and would cut all the time.
At the start of this year she convinced me to do it over video chat with her, she talked me through it step by step.
I've done it twice more since, both times video chatting with her.
I don't know why I do it tho.

>have all these emotions too
>suicidal
>think i deserve more pain and when i kill myself it should be painful
still dont feel like picking up a knife and start cutting myself in the arm or leg. what made you start cutting suddenly one day?

i used to hit myself and pinch myself when I was upset from a young age. I suppose it escalated from there.

I do that shit too but I never feel the urge to get a knife and start cutting.

what do you hurt yourself in other ways instead?

why do cute girls cut tho

Often for attention.
Though, in some cases it's a genuine addiction, like pulling hair.

This. It's actually really funny because as soon as you get in a psych ward attention cutters immediately stop and self-harm addicts continue but hide it.

I really can't speak for other people with self harm issues but for me it's more of a self punishment for being the shitty person that I am and the shitty things I've done.

>Attention*
unoriginal

I did when i was a kid because all the other edge lords around me did it when they were sad so i assumed that it would help me, like the fucking moron i was

Depends on what type of fucked up you are; when I'm in a bad spot, self harming feels like real pleasure and not in an edgy "the pain is pleasure" type of way.

it basically creates dilute heroin in your head on tap for you

Feels good, adrenaline rush. Makes mental pain physical pain, which is much more manageable. Those were my reasons

Papa Frank answered this question for us years ago. Dont know why people keep asking

Attached: A275ABAB-0FD0-4C80-AFD2-E41DD88F4C0C.jpg (209x241, 21K)

Its what happens when a person is a deppresed to a point of rage. A silent rage. Now this person wants to lash out at the world but is highly likely a pussy this furthers depresion causeing a hate for ones body, these two factors combined create cutting/self harm. But thats for genuine cutting

attetion whoring