How to stop loving someone you can't be with

Anyone here can tell me how you've managed to overcome your love feels? If the person is deserving of love but you can't be together due to X, Z or Y reason, how do you stop liking them?

Attached: c54f7c14a3e37cd89db55afaf4c64aed.jpg (430x542, 53K)

I don't, I just treat them like a boyfriend as much as I can because I'll never find a real one anyway. They like the attention and feed it back to me, it's nice except I can get very possessive.

Attached: 1530934602463.jpg (839x1270, 408K)

We're polar opposites but thanks for the bump, user

Tbh i just find the flaws in their personality and just think about how fucking shitty they are. Kinda works.

Had the same situation few months ago. Girl decides to call it off due to her parents against dating in general and dating someone who's not her kind (I was different race/culture than her), tried to convince her to talk about it to her parents she's too scared since of her parents being strict and scared of the outcome. I decided to talk to her father instead but she wouldn't let me, so I had enough and that's where I stopped loving her. But still till this day I miss having her around me and talking to me. Fuck why does life always painful to me?

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1534301393400.jpg (384x384, 12K)

What's your story nigga

Got a huge crush on someone who lives overseas and was told it probably won't work out/pretty much dumped after some intense weeks of being told we'd see each other soon and made promises to. Joke's on me for falling for the ldr meme. I've never felt this way about someone else though, something might be wrong with me.

This can be useful, thanks

How recent was that, user?

I was with someone for over 10 years and I still can't stop forming subconscious memories of being with them and doing everything together. But the reality of being with them was a nightmare and sucked the life out of me. We grew further and further apart and now we're sworn enemies. It's not worth it, OP.

Sorry to hear that, 10 years whew.
Yeah I know it isn't worth it, that's why I want to stop it asap. It'd just be another rock I'd have to carry in life

Same thing here user, I like this girl she likes me but she has a boyfriend. Lots of tension when we are together. It's tough because last time I felt something like this for someone was a long time ago.
So I try to stay focused on my job

About 2 months ago, I stopped talking to her for a month now after I kept insisting her to talk about it with her parents. I love her so much but it's just wasn't enough to make her fight for it. Thus I have to stopped talking to her in order to move on.

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1532566395987.jpg (480x515, 47K)

This is how I cope. I basically just be the kind of person I wanted to be with them. It works out ok. I've never had sex anyway.

Me neither and I hope that's one of the good things about having it end so soon.

Funny because of the reasons why it's so hard for me to be with this person is because of my super religious family. I was willing to go against them to be together with my crush though.

Currently trying to. Met her 5 years ago when I saw her in a brightly colored wig with a vocaloid backpack, and at the time I was blown away. After getting close to her and asking her out the second year, I was rejected, half because she refused to date while in school, and half because her freinds had told her not to. Crushed I avoided her for a year and a half.

Flashforward to now, and after she insisted on making me go to a grad party she organized to reconnect. Things happened and she asked me out, and for about a week I was the happiest man on earth. Only for her to tell me that she was confused and missed me as a friend.

She then went on to explain that she really did like me back then but refused to be in a relationship before graduation. And that by avoiding her I had hurt her. Then my heart sunk when I heard her say "I had a year and a half to get over you".

I feel its going to haunt me for the rest of my life. She was everything I could ever want in a woman, from 10/10 looks to an addictive personality I clicked with. And the only reason it didnt work out was because I was an immature kid.

I honestly don't know if I can find another girl like her, because I dont know how you could top her.

Welp holy shit, that is terrible user. Obviously it was a very intense since it's been 5 years and you're still thinking about her. I'm afraid of turning out to be the same way as you. Did you ever try to find someone else after her even if you thought they wouldn't compare to her?

Me and this girl is already the same religion, but her family has never been/married with someone who's not from their kind. She values her family and I respect that, if my family against my decision I'd do the same as you. But still its a shame that she can't give it a try (she has low confidence level and self esteem), till this day I believe that she's my soulmate, we talked about almost everything, from getting married and have kids etc (kinda cringe but whatever). I wish I can rewind all of this memory and try to make it better for both of us somehow, we both fits for one another, I love her for who she is and she loves and accepts me for who I am. I still find it hard to move on from her because deep down I still care, loved and missed her. But I have to keep on going forward, for my own sake and not hers. I don't know how long will it takes for me to finally moved on and healed from this, don't think I can find a replacement for her in my life.

Attached: crymore.jpg (619x453, 26K)

I don't think my situation is comparable to yours by any means since it is/was over the internet, but I'm going to say I do relate to you. I'd do everything I could too, I don't care. I am probably delusional. I don't want a replacement either, or find someone else. This is going to leave a scar I'm sure.
I hope you can heal, user.

Eh it doesn't matter if your relationship starts on the internet, I've been there before (gonna say that this recent one is also from the internet too, so what a coincidence). Also, I do feel that I'm delusional too sometimes, but that's what special about us compared to others, and I hope you will be able to heal from this too user, godspeed.

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1529496297354.png (746x512, 99K)

I'm trying as hard as I can, but my anxiety has slowly gotten worse as time has gone by, so its hard to meet new people.

In college right now but its far from where I live so theres a good chance I'd be playing the ldr game if I did find someone.

She's also insistent that I keep in contact, but as long as shes in my life I doubt I'll ever truly get over her.

I just try to suppress my feeling for him as much as possible and try to be a good friend. He has been my one and only friend for my whole life. I know that we'll never be together so I just try to be the best friend someone can possibly be. I help him out at times and I once even stayed at his place making him food and cleaning the place because he was really sick. I just want to be with him forever, why couldn't I be born as a girl. He is the only reason I am still alive, without him the world would be too unbearable. I don't know how I'll even react when he someday gets a gf.

Attached: DjxFCeNUwAAtx9W.jpg (550x425, 47K)

I wish I knew. I met that person 6 years ago, but circumstances were shitty and we just had an amazing month together. Tried ldr but it didn't work, cause that person was still young and foolish. For years I would randomly every few month habe dreams of meeting them again and it always turning out that of course we will be together again because we were meant to be. It was heartbreaking. I tried reaching out to them again and again and it always resulted in us being loving and even confessing our love for each other every time. And every time they would suddenly have a change of heart and start insulting me and ghosting me again. It makes it really hard to get over. I am not sure, I ever will.

But what do they think about it? If that have a SO then it must be weird for their SO and then?

Sometimes you need to pull the plug no matter how enticing that person seems like - it's not worth it. Those are the few times you totally have to go against your feelings for your own self.

Idk m8, depends on how long you liked them, theres this Irish girl i met on interpals, we really connected and shit and After a few months i told her my feelings but she declined buto told me we still could be friends, its been 3 months since and i think im kinda getting over it, i recently learned she has bad BPD so i guess i dodged a bullet but still, being socially Bad(anxiety and shit) it kinda hurts, shes the first girl i ever put this much effort into and i really had a good vibe, its not good to keep these feelings because it will hurt you more in the long rrun so just forget em or just keep being Friends if you can

Attached: 6d6d89a094bd441bcb1d95af832bb2b3.jpg (680x1000, 174K)

delete all their contacts/photos/whatever off your phone/social media, don't talk to them at all, distract yourself with other shit

I want to try to remain friends if he eventually and officially dumps me but I don't know if I could, I'd probably suffer a lot thinking he's going to find someone new. And I wouldn't want him to hide it from me when it happened. Thanks user, I hope you can heal fully.

I will. Deleting everything will be so hard, I confess I'll probably keep everything in a hidden folder until I'm ready fuck

mfw reading these two posts unf

forgot to drop pic sob

Attached: 1c9b7357-4669-48f0-8141-c685e6c9cc2f.gif (540x405, 204K)

It feels like its not worth living if they won't reciprocate. My friend was hospitalized and almost died, and in that time I discovered my feelings. We used to talk about dating and how much we enjoy each other's company but since then he's been far more distant towards me and life in general despite it being two months past. I like to think he's just tired but it scares me, he ignores a lot of my questions now that he used to answer. I don't think he has someone else he likes but if he does I don't know what I'll do.

Attached: 1520365571253.png (591x716, 262K)

Thank you for the (you). Have a good day user.

Attached: 1533147358355.jpg (164x173, 15K)

Godspeed too user, thank you for validating my relationship. Even though you didn't say much it was good to read you say it doesn't matter if we met online.

You're welcome, wishing you the best.

Have you tried being more direct and asking why things have changed or do you feel you can't do that?

They've been offline for a week on every platform I have them added on or I would. I want to talk about a lot with them and figure out where we stand but I can't right now, and so I'm just in this horrible waiting period where they're all I can think about but I can't talk to them.

>How to stop loving someone you can't be with
you find someone new, or go after someone you used to love

I can't think of doing that, this is the second person I've ever felt something for as ridiculous as it may sound. It things do end for good I hope I can move on somehow even tho this seems fucking impossible. Seeing people here say they've been thinking about their exes for 5 to 10 years is not helping either. Ty user

I see, user. I hope they come back soon, I would be anxious asf. Are you sure you're not blocked?

I'm not, it's hard to explain but I trust and know them enough to know its nothing like that, at worst its not feeling like talking and at best they had to go somewhere. I wouldn't be so worried usually but the last time this happened they almost died and so I have trouble seeing it as anything positive. The hardest part is getting out of that mindset of *if* they come back rather than when.

Is he in another state or country? Yeah I understand what you mean that you'd trust him enough to know you're not blocked. I'd feel the same way. Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm op and my situation is shit but I'd like to offer comfort somehow. I hope he comes back soon.

He's in a nearby state. It's ok, I think it helps everyone to talk about it a little bit. I think he will, its just like in one week or three.

>And that by avoiding her I had hurt her. Then my heart sunk when I heard her say "I had a year and a half to get over you".

How is this your fault? I know that I'm 2 hours late but still. Fucking women and fucking bullshit

You asked her out and she said no and then you tried your best to get over her.

That's not too bad then. I hope things improve and that he shows up soon user

Pretty much going through this now got semi-rejected?...
>Would chill with me
>Said she likes someone else
Uhhhhh....guess i'm friend-zoned for life so time to jump off a building :))

Attached: 1523313900889.gif (450x253, 716K)

Nah don't give up just yet user. any other girls you could ask to chill with you?

Yup but it's one of those things where it just ain't the same Lmao i'm sure u probably know what i mean...Oh well guess i'll just try to zone out on MH3U on my 3ds

Attached: 1531006596882.jpg (640x640, 75K)

yeah i do sigh. still. godspeed user

Hey no worries bud i'll still be on and if you wanna chat over things and vent let me know! i got plenty of throw away emails!

Attached: 1534555124007.jpg (384x383, 20K)

thanks user, lmk if you want to chat too

Sounds good fellow user! thompsondon36gmail

Attached: 1531023752170.jpg (493x617, 22K)

I know I should. It's just heartbraking that my unconscious keeps stabbing me in the back, having me dream of them.

Thanks man. It's not easy and it is the biggest tradgedy of my life. I try keeping distracted, but still I always come back to them sooner or later.

Going through this right now, she lives on the other side of the planet.
I can't get over her though, I'll never meet someone like her again. I know it's cliche to say, everyone does here.
I never meet girls I'd concider perfect but she is and she's trying to tell me I deserve better and break apart while still saying she loves me.
I don't care, I want her around and I keep telling her that and try to support her as we're both going through rough times now with depression.
I'm hanging by a thread of hope that things will get better, if she decides to one day just disappear, which I fear the most.. I don't think I could deal with that mental breakdown.
I even made plans to move to her, worked on my cv and cover letter and got to an almost finished product before things collapsed in our lives.
I never meet introverted, shy girls that want to stay indoors, are open with being clingy and claims to be yandere. Sounds cliche again I know, I just like a girl that depends on me as I depend on her too and have a similar personality as me.

You sound like me, the whole story, even the tiny details. Sigh. Can I ask how bad is the distance between you guys?

user i'm gonna fuck you up with some truth
>Because i know this is a shitty feeling
You are setting yourself up for heartbreak city and you would be better off ghosting her because the closer you try to get the more she is going to slip through your fingers and i understand this will sound stupid because i too once thought the same way when my older brother tried to lay down some hard truth on my dumb self when i was younger so i hope it works out but i wouldn't expect it to

Me stuck in Sweden and she's in Washington state so a 9 hour time difference.

I know this already.
I can't help myself, she made me happy when I haven't been happy for decades all by just being herself.
I don't meet girls at all usually, my work hours are at night when everyone sleeps and I sleep when everyone is awake. Top that with my already social phobia and I only see the public once a week for maybe an hour as I restock my groceries for the week which I also do an hour before they close as to avoid people.
In short, I don't have anything to lose by trying for her and if she stops contacting me then I know just the spot to call it a day on life.

Okay that's pretty bad. I'm fairly distant from mine too, some countries are in the way though I was lucky to be in the same time zone

I wish I knew. Orig

you type like fucking retard, could almost pass of as me

To me long distance relationship is still a real one although some people call it e-date or online dating and how they say it isn't real because you never met the person. To me I don't really mind what they say I understand their perspective on some things and you can either take it or be butthurt about it and in my case I take it without getting offended to it.

I find someone else to like.

Dario?!. That you?

Attached: 37303152_433819977112240_850259570189139968_n.jpg (400x223, 19K)

I feel extra retarded today so I won't fight you, I bet I do.

They are real imo too. I was so sure of things before he told me he was afraid of it not working because distance and all the other things that are involved in a LT LDR. That was the worst part because I realized I was going too fast and not being very realistic.

>Dario?!. That you?
No, I am not the person you're hoping. My name starts with Z.

>he
F-femanon? (pic related, anxiety kicks in)

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1534519097914.jpg (400x533, 34K)

Unless if you're a newfag you should know better when you see "he" theres still a 80% chance it's a dude / trap fag

Yeah I'm a girl.

Original post desu

Based but possibility is there.

Very kool femanon, I sperg out a little bit.

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1534522997953.jpg (920x960, 85K)