If you work, are you always a wage slave?

If you work, are you always a wage slave?

Attached: 4AB7F218-5D25-4486-8C53-7EA0179A680E.png (1000x800, 223K)

Not if you become financially independent.

Yes, when you work it is usually for a wage.

Ha ha. Yeah. FIRE here I come!
Just gotta save another 10% of my pitiful paycheck.
Just gotta watch those index funds grow by double digits for another 15 years.
Hopefully my house doesn't need a major repair anytime soon. Haha
I'll just skip that coffee and restaurant dinner, gotta save in small ways every day!

I love my job, I would do it for free if they stopped paying me

“Wage slavery” is a term invented by cynical fucks that feel like everyone else should work for their benefit and joining in the project of Getting Shit Done is somehow beneath them because they’re so wonderfully creative and don’t like doing anything boring or difficult.

You suck Dick?

a wagecuck is a person that works several hours a day and has a pretty low salary

No faggot i have a full time job having a job and is having your will imposed by others and can you really tell you are a free man if you have to put up with this shit for 60 years untill retirement having a job is the worst thing that can happen to a free human being

Actually redpilled, you should all read Kaczynski's stuff

Attached: young ted kasdfhjsdknfjks.jpg (900x750, 65K)

only if you live paycheck to paycheck and don't have time too do what you enjoy because you're too busy working

Does anyone who unironically uses the term “wage cuck” actually know how a society works? Where do you think the cars and video games and doritos you love would come from if no one worked? Please make a dorito from scratch and get back to me.

So youre saying it is ok to give up your life to eat doritos

A world without Doritos and video games, and with far fewer cars, would be preferable to the one in which we live.

Attached: tmp_2377-maxresdefault(6)888488228.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

Does anyone who unironically uses the term “wage cuck” actually know how a society works? Where do you think the bread and beer and books you love would come from if no one worked? Please make a loaf of bread from scratch and get back to me.

It was someone's job to build that bridge you arrogant magic fucker.

salary slave is a big step above wage slave. especially if they can come into the office and leave with flexibility

t. salary cuck

I mean it really is possible. The more you cut back the faster you achieve financial independence. It's possible within 5 years at very extreme conditions.

At the very least, saving a significant portion of one's paycheck and then not expanding your lifestyle when you get a raise and instead saving it is very good practice.

And even before true financial independence, simply having a cushion of $10k-$100k+ invested really helps you sleep easy at night.

Yeah but just because lots of other people spend 30-60 hours a week flipping hamburgers and making french fries doesn't mean I need to.

Which I would argue is an extremely high portion of workers.

Tons of people live basically paycheck to paycheck. Some might save some money, but most of that will be locked in a retirement account that can't be accessed for decades. There's an insane portion of people that have less than $500 saved.

And then even among people who do save a bit there's tons whose lifestyle is dependent on them working 60-80 hours a week. And if you expand that to "time structured because of work" aka- commute time, time getting dressed specifically for work, break time in which someone's options are limited, it's closer to 60-100+ for a lot of jobs

>Hopefully my house doesn't need a major repair anytime soon. Haha

Look at the cuck who fell for the buy a house meme!

I’m at work right now kill me

At work, but it's a chill job at a startup and I like my coworkers and I'm pulling 6 figures + equity. The hours are 8/day tops. I don't conceptualize myself as a wagecuck

My friend got lucky and made a killing off of crypto, he's retired now. I'll be forever butthurt

Same

I agree the math works out. But financial freedom gurus like MMM don't usually list their first two steps
>Step 1: make $100k coming out of college
>Step 2: marry someone making $100k
>Step 3: just save your money, bro. Haha! We save 80% of what we make, and live comfortably, why don't you just save 80% of your $50k paycheck?

I guess I am a slave, but I own my house and vehicle and I have a lot of disposable income.

Like I can just randomly buy 1000.00 bullshit I don't need without fucking with my retirement.

not if you have a salary

>other people’s wills are being imposed on me :(((((((

You aren’t in a personal VR simulation designed to satiate your every desire. Adult life is almost entirely about learning how to balance the wants of others with your own. Thank you for being such a perfect example of the kind of entitled attitude I’m talking about.

>Likes to work out and make gains
>Doesn't understand making sacrifices for financial gains

This is winning.
You should retire in your 40's and travel the world and impregnate as many women as possible.

Everyone works

wage slave = non business owner

i agree senpai. it doesn't help that the work atmosphere in all but one place hast been absolutely terrible so far. i can easily imagine a lot of jobs and work conditions under which i would be okay working but sadly no such luck yet.
right now i have my shitty stressful as fuck because perma-understaffed wageslave job but i'm working on changing that. it'll be another 2 years but at some point i'll get a chill job that pays well and gets out of my way where i can save up. ideally with no coworkers lol.

what job you have, senpai? and how do you like it? i'm currently trying to figure out what jobs pay the best in relation to how desireable the job itself is.

>Jow Forums - Fitness