Is it more important that people "do the right thing" or that they "do what they want"

Is it more important that people "do the right thing" or that they "do what they want"

Attached: hangmans-noose-falling-into-frame-at-120-fps-against-black-background_b4wvirgfg_thumbnail-full04.png (1920x1080, 317K)

What's with the rope desu?

It involves my question of if I should do what I want or what people tell me is right

It's probably more important to want to do the right thing.

Then I'm sticking around because I want to know too.

Lol, people have been telling you that the right thing for you to do is hang yourself?

Perhaps, but in this case where what someone wants to and what is the "right thing" are two opposing courses of action, which is better for that person to do.

To do what they want or to do the "right thing"?

The opposite actually, though it's less "people" and just my grandmother telling me suicide is wrong.

Do you want to commit suicide, user? I do and I just wish my family would cease to stop me.

I certainly do wish it, sometimes. My motivation to conduct it also comes and goes with my general motivation to live.

It's like the moral dilemma presented in the trolley problem. Where your presented with a decision where you can save either a family member or 5 strangers. It's an interesting question. I'm religious so I'd have faith that my decision would be judged eventually, but I really think I qould save my family member if I'm telling you the truth. If people thought I deserved to be hanged I wouldn't do it myself. But if it came down to it I would understand that it's the right thing, at least in their eyes. Samurai would commit seppuku to alleviate dishonor from their families. The french executed criminals with guilliotines. God probably has his own means of justice in my opinion. If you're not religious then I guess you'd rely on the judicial system for justice. I think guilt is in itself a form of justice in the minds of those who know what they've done is wrong.

Moralism is when these are the same thing

You should want to do the right thing

Nobody wants to die. When I was younger I was so afraid of death I wanted to take my own life just to go out on my own terms. Quick and painlessly, without any dread or apprehension or terror or anyof the things that come with something terrible and unexpected. My fear of the last few moments of my life was so overwhelming I wanted to give up so much more of my life so I wouldnt have to be afraid anymore. I don't know if that's something you guys can relate to, but that's just how I felt. Why would you say that you want to do it?

I never said I wanted to die, I just want to commit suicide.

I want the pain to stop.

Because I'm so fucking tired, man. My brain is fucked beyond repair, I think of the most degenerate shit 24/7 and I'm not going anywhere in life - failed school and don't know what to do now.

What pain, user?

The pain of having to exist as an inherently stupid, pathetic coward and all the misfortunes I create for myself with my incurable laziness and idiocracy

if you can actually do something to get what you want, and the benefit outweighs the cost, do it imo. i'm not a moralfag, if i could just go out and exploit the poor to become a rich, or manipulate people to get what i want and it ouldn't be illegal or have any serious negative consequences for me or the people i care about, i would do it -- only reason i dont is that i lack the ability

Courage isn't inherited. Like most things this life it's earned.

Going back to school and being less degenerate might be a start.

Think I'll just kill myselff.

The most important is wanting to do the right thing

Depends, if you're someone with moral hangups or are religious, you may value doing the right thing. but people who live solely for themselves will usually do what they want.
Shits subjective, y'know?

Attached: bye.gif (478x474, 1.09M)

Incorrect. I want to die.