Skelly's Bench press embarrasment. Are chess fly's the answer

> Skelly but worked up to 40 consecutive push ups.
> Decide this means I can make it.
> Gym membership, bench-press and my noodling arm violent wobble rep out the weight (this isn't like pushups)
> Feel Chads staring as I defile their pectoral alter (feels bad)
Should I do peck fly's (what should I do) until I get the coordination of what ever to bench

Attached: gym n00b.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BYKScL2sgCs
youtu.be/VWixOpqQsC8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Im fixing my poverty bench by getting bigger arms and generally hitting my chest a lot more.

Every time I'm in the gym I'll be doing sets of dips to failure, split up through the rest of my exercises. I try to do at least 100 dips every day I'm in the gym. I also hit my Triceps 3 times a week and curls twice a week.

Bench is partly technique focused as well, to control the weight fully you need to practice benching a lot. Once you can brace properly, have a proper leg position and fully engage your pecs you'll be able to hit bench safely for way higher volumes.

Eat more you fucking idiot

continue bench pressing until you outpress all the chads

When starting Bench your arms will always wobble, and during pushups you only move about 2/3 of your bw with more muscles, so 40 isnt much for a skelly. Keep slowly increasing your bench and do harder pushup variations which you can Rep closer to your bench rep ranges, the wobbling will stop soon, and dont give a fuck about other ppl looking.

Bench is a meme ego lift. Focus on dips instead.

>things I'm weak at are meme ego lifts

Okay buddy

Bench is shit for chest development unless it’s incline or reverse grip.
Flat bench is the definition of ego lift, and it’s right there with retardedly heavy diddlys.

>heavy deadlifts are retarded

You just outed yourself bro

Diddlies are that Daddily of Lifts, you fuckboy.

Do one extra set without weights before you start normal sets. Focus on proper form since you dont have to focus on lifting heavy ass weight. Should ease out the wobbling over few days.

To get better at bench press you need to practice bench press. Start with babby weights and stop giving a shit what other people think.

Yup. I'm doing 60lb db's which is less than even 1pl8. It doesn't matter what weight you move, as long as you're eating enough and it's hard to move it.

ok how much do you bench?

>alter
>arms and bench

1. Nobody gives a fuck. Personally, I work 8 hours a day, have to do shopping, school, GF time, hanging out with friends, and a bunch of other shit. I don’t have time to think about insecure skelly at te gym, unless he’s curling in the squat rack.

2. With a proper regimen and nutrition, you’ll be well past skelly stage and on your way to greatness in six months. Keep going, and make before and after pics to show your future bf

youtube.com/watch?v=BYKScL2sgCs

Proper form. Practice without weight. I'm a skelly too and I'm stuck with 2.5kg bench for now (while I can do twice as much for OHP). Also leg drive - youtu.be/VWixOpqQsC8

This isn't exactly true. Merely moving the bar up and down off the chest isn't addressing details inherent in the movement.

The lats are involved, the shoulders, the initial set up under the bar --- timing is involved, pushing through the floor.

>I could write more but I've been up since 1pm CST USA 15 Sept.

>Bench is shit for chest development unless it’s incline or reverse grip.
i've seen big guys with big chests benching. apologize for this post.

Keep benching. When I first started I couldn’t even bench the bar. Two years and 25lbs of bodyweight later, I finally hit 1pl8 the other day. Just keep at it. Heavy bench first, then supplement it with db benching, flyes, dips. That’s literally all you need for chest development

Good to see this meme is still alive

I pretty much only bench for chest and i have huge pecs
Get stronger you weakling faggot

weak bench is almost always because of weak triceps.

Not sure 1rm but I've increased my 5rm from 75kg to 90kg at RPE of about 7 in the past 3 months.

no one in the gym gives a fuck about people who are smaller than them. I know this is not obvious when you're a beginner and everyone is bigger than you but you're obsessed with what "chads" think of you because they are bigger and stronger than you. they don't give a fuck. if they're looking it's probably just because your form is shit and they know they'll have to row that 50 kg off your chest if you try to do another rep

best way to improve bench press is to... bench press. who'd have guessed?

You can't directly convert between DBs and BB like that. 1pl8 bench is way easier than 67.5 dbs

What counts as skelly stage?

don't start with barbell benching, start with dumbbell benching

Attached: 6532343.png (1056x696, 104K)

If you cant do 135lbs for reps then just start with Dumbbell bench press until you can.

this, just use dumbbells.

40 push ups is fucking cardio. There's a reason people do 5 reps when trying to increase weight

>Doing an exercise that isn't similar to the bench press to become more efficient at the bench press

Thinking also perhaps reverse bands to dampen the vibration (and lighten the load) and earthquake bar light kettle bells to get the fine motor control diled-in.

Do more dumbbell OHP.
It helps a lot for bench.

the problem with bench is that too many do only the barbell variation when the dumbbell one is better for your chest