Reminder:

Any Bench Press that isn't a pause press doesn't count.

The weight you can bench when you bounce it off your chest, don't touch your just or just tap your chest is void if you can't lift it on a pause bench, since that is the only legitimate bench press.

Remember: When training, every set for bench should be paused, or you're cheating yourself.

Attached: tumblr_otejxdQATT1s7ur0io1_400[1].gif (360x202, 2.68M)

What the fuck kind did I just read?

Attached: 1529759804064.jpg (576x1024, 46K)

ok I agree. But what is the time difference between a normal bench and a paused bench is they are both meant to be paused. Is a normal bench like 0.5 second pause and a pause bench 5 second pause then?

And can you sink the bar into your chest during the pause? or if you let it sink its cheating

I'm never going to compete at a powerlifting comp so why should I care about an arbitrary set of rules created for an irrelevant 'sport' with so many different different federations who can't agree how to 'properly' perform 3 different exercises?

>bouncing 100kg off your chest

Are people fucktarded?

it counts for me, and I dont give a shit about your opinion
checkm8

I’m serious. You could be benching 4 plates, and if there’s no pause, it’s pointless. It’s literally not possible to build strength unless there’s a pause.

agree, and when your chest become big enough to give you less ROM; same principle
once you get too big pecs, you need to surgically remove them in order to do real benching again

obviously this thread is a troll, but is this somewhat true? lately I've plateaued hard on bench even though I'm benching 4 times a week. I'm even doing the whole mind muscle shit where you squeeze and engage your chest on the way up.

this could be what I'm missing to get those gains going again

Tfw pause max 315lbs and bounce max 335

Just use dumbbells.

It's not a troll. Bouncing the bar is literally cheating and takes away from the lift. If you can't pause bench a weight, you can't bench it. Pausing means you are only using the muscles you're supposed to be using.

Same applies for deadlift, the bar is supposed to stop at the floor, not bounce off it. Kipping pull ups don't count as pull ups, bounce press doesn't count as bench press.

You wont lift as much but its better in the long run for training your chest

I bring the bar about an inch from the lowest point in my chest. positive and negative should be their own independent movement. positive should be explosive.

Tired: Paused or bounce
Wired: Compressed tightness at the bottom then exploding upwards with the bar

>yfw someone tells you their bench max and it's TnG

Attached: 1482300628930.png (413x408, 313K)

I've always been doing it without bouncing, just lightly touching or not touching chest at all, I take a small pause to inhale anyway. I'm weak though, only bench 1.5 pl8.

Attached: boomers recreating vieatnam photos.jpg (714x1040, 175K)

Not touching your chest is even worse, literally does not count.

What does "pause" mean to you? half a second of stillness before you push it?

Say goodbye to your shoulders

I thought a "pause" bench press was the default? Why would you do them fast?

what the fuck are you talking about thats how you blow your back out dumbfuck

>I take a small pause to inhale anyway.
How? you should already have inhaled on the bar's descend. Keep that tension in your body

Nah, fuck powerlifting competition rules. Touch and go is perfectly fine so long as you're not bouncing it off your chest.

is no one going to mention this photo
this is kinda fucked up

>this is kinda fucked up
Nothing wrong with the picture

Attached: wahlberg posing.jpg (1080x608, 48K)

Wtf am I reading? Tell you what, champ, load up 4pl8 and bounce it off your chest. Call me from the hospital and let me know how it went.

Attached: 1512446251459.jpg (480x247, 12K)

>feeling sorry for soulless gooks
you're never gonna make it

HEY EVERYBODY ITS JASON BLOHO HERE

There's bouncing it off your sternum, and then there's using elastic energy built up in tendons and muscles on the way down. It's sensible to use that energy. It's part of learning the lift.

Bench pressing is a meme.

>Not pausing the weight 10 seconds at the heighest and lowest position

not a real rep.

I don't pause but I don't bounce, do I really have to do pauses?

>he doesn't BLOAT

No. The only reason powerlifting leagues require a pause is to ensure that no bouncing is occurring. They don't even have a set time on how long you need to pause (some lifters get fucked over because the judge is an asshole and makes them wait like 5 fucking seconds before giving the "press!" command)

pause reps can be a useful tool, for not just bench but for other things like squatting, OHPing, and so on, but it's not required.