How do you get 1 lb of protein per lb of bodyweight when doing OMAD?

How do you get 1 lb of protein per lb of bodyweight when doing OMAD?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/7003706_A_Review_of_Issues_of_Dietary_Protein_Intake_in_Humans
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eat a bigger meal, include more protein? 1lb to 1lb is a meme anyway, created by supplement companies to get you consuming more protein and buying more protein supplements.

Nice bait

Even if it's .8 (which it is), it's still alot

>1 lb of protein per lb of bodyweight
Memes aside 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight is too much. 0.7-0.8 is more than sufficient for muscle growth.

Whey

24 oz steak

>1lb of protein per lb of bodyweight

Attached: pepe glasses.jpg (641x530, 36K)

>not eating a whole cow a day
Never gonna make it

You gotta drink your own nut

1lb of chicken or other lean mean = about 100g protein
Milk is 8g per cup
Eggs are usually about 7g per

You also dont actually need 1g per lb of bodyweight. I only go for about 150g/day or so. So in this case, that'd be a pound of lean meat, 6 eggs, and a couple glasses of milk. Boom, tetris for jeff.

I eat half a costco rotisserie chicken with a tall glass of milk and vegetables

Or you can just eat two fucking meals instead of living these meme lifestyles

So like, breakfast and dinner?

what did he mean by this?

Lunch and dinner is a better schedule

I don't get it. Suddenly, half of Jow Forums is saying 1g per pound is too much, and carbs are shit, what's left to eat? What fat sources can equal decent food when reducing carbs to a minimum and barely scratching 150g protein when at 200lbs

.7-.8g per lb of LEAN bodyweight.
If you're 30% bf @ 200 lbs you don't need 160g of protein that's stupid and you should realize right away how overkill that is. 112g makes much more sense.

yeah seriously what else are you fucks eating to hit your calories? I would much rather have some extra fish or chicken instead of a handful of nuts

if you doing OMAD you don't need as much, and you will be fine

If you eat a gram per lb you're just gonna have expensive piss. You can only metabolize so much protein at once.

I ate 1kg of almost raw steak today
Just seared it on both sides for like 15seconds
Ate with 100g of butter

Omad is easy as shit if you arent a bitch and far easier to bulk on than meme chicken rice diets

>muh piss

Steak you faggot

>0.7-0.8 is more than sufficient for muscle growth.
even with 0.5 you're good unless you uice or are having your noob gains

"First, let’s look at research conducted by McMaster University.

According to their paper, protein intake of 1.3 – 1.8 grams per kilogram of body weight (.6 – .8 grams per pound of body weight) is adequate for stimulating maximal protein synthesis. They note, however, that more protein might be needed in the case of frequent and/or high-intensity training, and in the case of dieting to lose fat (restricting calories)."

What if you’re cutting? You need way more protein

Look up kingschratz on instagram dude does Omad with god tier macros

No you dont you fucking idiot. 0.86g/lb of lean mass is the UPPER limit for ALL purposes regarding muscle gain and loss

>1g per lb
>he fell for the brotein shake marketing
LOL

>not doing the ten scoop+water fast
Zero food.

Got a source for that?

You wanna talk about protein?
Sure, let's talk about protein.
So what are the major things to be concerned about when choosing how much protein to have in your diet?
>The key issues are the rate at which the gastrointestinal tract can absorb amino acids from dietary proteins (1.3 to 10 g/h) and the liver's capacity to deaminate proteins and produce urea for excretion of excess nitrogen.
Okay, so the stomach can only absorb anywhere between 1 to 10 grams an hour. This "liver deamination" thing sounds kinda scary, what's that about?
>Dangers of excessive protein, defined as when protein constitutes > 35% of total energy intake, include hyperaminoacidemia, hyperammonemia, hyperinsulinemia nausea, diarrhea, and even death (the "rabbit starvation syndrome").
Well, that sounds pretty harsh. What's like the ideal amount of protein to have?
>The accepted level of protein requirement of 0.8g x kg(-1) x d(-1) is based on structural requirements and ignores the use of protein for energy metabolism.
Okay, and I guess that means the rest is deaminated and pissed away, wasted money. Is there some kind of safe but still excessive protein intake level?
>A suggested maximum protein intake based on bodily needs, weight control evidence, and avoiding protein toxicity would be approximately of 25% of energy requirements at approximately 2 to 2.5 g x kg(-1) x d(-1), corresponding to 176 g protein per day for an 80 kg individual on a 12,000kJ/d diet. This is well below the theoretical maximum safe intake range for an 80 kg person (285 to 365 g/d).

TL;DR: 0.8g for each kg of body weight, or if you like pissing away money consume 2.5g for each kg bodyweight. Any more and you'll fuck up your liver.

Source: researchgate.net/publication/7003706_A_Review_of_Issues_of_Dietary_Protein_Intake_in_Humans

>1 lb of protein per lb of bodyweight

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 34K)

damn, you weren't lying. Thanks for this.

lol fucking cole

Attached: 2D0854C9-B1EA-492B-B39C-0707D1F91E05.jpg (640x166, 76K)

Your body can only consume ~50g every two hours or something

Eating my bodyweight in protein obviously.