What are your thoughts on the Keto diet?

What are your thoughts on the Keto diet?

Attached: 1535636020575.jpg (314x161, 8K)

works for some, not my cup of tea tho

An effective diet but it`s much easier when you just watch the glycemic index of your carb intake and also pay attention to your micros for optimal perfomance.

A good diet for the mentally retarded, voluntary eugenics

I did it for 6 months and lost around 19kg.

So it works fine.

Wasn't fully sustainable though, the 'no hunger' phase only lasted a short while for me.

On reflection, it seems unreasonably restrictive in the long run. I couldn't have food I like, like peas, sweetcorn, apples, grapes, oatmeal, milk etc.

It works but pls gas the Reddit/Instagram idiots. "HURRRHHEHEH MUH BACON MUH DRINKINH COCONUT OIL XD"
"KEEP CALM KETO ON!"

Fatasses looking for one weird old tip to get shredded quick.

personally, i love it

im not biased for or against it, desu, because the research is just not clear enough

for me, its more about easier sticking to my diet
im less hungry on a 1k deficit, and it forces me to be dedicated to my diet
1 carby snack, and it slows down progress for the next week

Formerly obscure diet with equally obscure benefits that got blown up (kek) by a bunch of retarded fatties who thing the 8 lb water weight they lost the first week means it's magic.

Works well enough for me.

I like it, just got to make sure to get rid of the egg yolks which have 4 carbs.

Diet is generally unhealthy and possibly dangerous. It also seems like everyone who considers themself an expert or atleast educated on keto has some psuedoscientific, fucked up understanding of how hormones and fat burning work and use it to claim keto is the best diet even though studies show it has no advantage over any other diet at the same caloric intake.

thought you were fucking with me, but this is actually true, what the fuck...

Go to the john and release an atomic bomb of shit everytime.

>load as much vegetables as you can into your meal
>do the same with the meat/chicken breasts/eggs with butter
>this is somehow as bad as eating tons of salt and plastic fast food from MCdicks and Burkerkangz

im eating carnivore and lost 100lb so there's that. plants, fruits, grains and carbs in general are unnecessary, non-essential and irrelevant.

dairy-free keto with carb cycling is best

nothing against dairy but your main sources of fat ought to be fish and olive oil

everybody ought to experience ketosis, ideally through fasting

Including vegetables in your diet doesn't alone make the diet healthy. A diet based on beef, eggs, and butter is not a healthy diet, especially when it straight up excludes most healthy foods.

>having 100 pounds to lose in the first place
No surprise that it's always the colossal fatties that are stupid enough to believe this shit.

Is your perfomance optimal? I`m with you on the topic that carbs aren`t necessary but it`s easier to hit your vitamin intake on natural food with more vegetables and fruits in my opinion.

>Still believes fats and saturated fats are bad
>STILL believes the heart healthy grain meme

S.M.H

>I read internet blogs. I'm red-pilled and smart :)

I had inflammation all over my torso and arms for 6 months and was basically crippled, tried everything from physiotherapy, chiropracty, supplements, prescriptions, even opiates. After 1 week of keto the pains in my torso is 90% gone, and arms about 50%. Also, I can finally actually do intermittent fasting without it being a pure disciplinary miseryfest.

dunno how it goes along with getting ripped tho

>:^)

>the only way to think keto is healthy is if you literally believe the opposite of what is true
vegetables are poison, butter is superfood
lalala, I can't hear you, lalala

Attached: annoyed2.jpg (229x220, 7K)

It's useless if you do heavy lifting or any strenuous lifting unless you go full autism mode. It's also an extremely difficult diet, because you have to keep your carbs at less than 20g on a daily basis. So it requires extreme commitment and planning, and you *cannot* cheat, at all. Other than that, it works as well as any diet based in reality. You'll lose or gain healthy weight depending on your caloric intake. If you like diets that require exactness, like the foods you can eat on it, don't need glycogen, and feel better on it, go for it. Contrary to what some idiots believe, it's not unhealthy; that's atkins. Keto was originally discovered, and is still used as, a treatment for drug resistant epilepsy, because for whatever reason ketosis suppresses seizures in children. It's not the ideal Jow Forums diet, but it works.
The ideal Jow Forums diet is however much protein you believe you need, 1/3-1/2 your caloric target in fats, exclude all transfat, and then get the remaining calories from carbs, making sure to get no less than 100g, and to exclude all sugar.