Have you done your 30 minute meditation daily practice today?

Have you done your 30 minute meditation daily practice today?

Attached: 9D985C4D-FC42-4D95-A504-1F33CE09AA03.jpg (800x600, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/10J6crRacZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. If I'm going to waste time it's going to be shitposting

I edged for 30 minutes today if that counts.

Bunch of hippie shit

Is there some kind of basic guide to meditation?

focus/breath X 30min

Been meditating lately during nofap and finally managed to levitate

just witness your thoughts bro

I did my morning prayers to allah if that counts

Attached: 20120509-salat -Namaz bb.jpg (373x207, 19K)

Sit still, do not dwell on any thoughts, just examine whatever comes to mind (urges, problems, ambitions, desires, emotions etc) as objectively as you can for a brief moment, let is pass out of your mind without thinking on it hard.

Sit in the dark and ponder how
I'm fit to make the bottom fall through the floor
And they all fall down - yuh!

>there are pakicels giving you lifting advice on this board

Yikes and oofpilled

I was just about to do some yoga. That'll include a few minutes of meditation and focused breathing.

Go do it. Feels good, mang.

I agree.

Just did it. Spent about 30 minutes doing a basic routine (I'm way out of practice). Now I feel relaxed. Good stretching, good strengthening (my routine includes effectively close-grip push-ups between downward dogs), good breathing.

OM

15 minute is a better goal for casuals. Its the length of a fair number of biological signaling processes. 5 minutes for newbs, because newbs and meditating is hard.

This is for mind clearing meditation - thinking no thoughts - obviously. Working out/ yoga/ contemplating doesn't count.

do you people not have a job?

>This is for mind clearing meditation - thinking no thoughts - obviously
Does it get quicker the better you get? I don't want to meditate for 30 minutes every time my mind gets cluttered.

Yes and i have started practicing negative visualization

do you not have a life?

Attached: worthless.jpg (2400x1640, 915K)

Thats not how long it takes to get there. Its how long to hold it when youre there. An endurance exercise. At first, a few seconds is a long time to think no thoughts, but with daily practice, several minutes stretch becomes achievable.

Meditation is like nofap. A placebo that doesn't really do fuck-all but make losers feel special for a while.

Meditation is meme for 40-something women with no real problems in their life.

Listening to music (or better, playing it) works just as well.

>there are people who train for 30 minutes a day in order to become NPCs with no internal monologue
woowee fucking doo

Pretty good if you want to do some sigil work

Good meme. Now you win the cancer award.
>implying internal monologue is necessary to be a Player Character
>Being constriained by your uncontrolled intrusive thoughts and impulses
>Litterally what is self discipline?

Internal monologue is shown to have a beneficial effect, people with an internal monologue dominated by the emotonial self-regulation function experience less psychological distress.

And people with an internal monologue dominated by logic functions are better at problem-solving.

But I guess if you train hard enough you can completely suppress it and accomplish great things like sitting under a tree for hours and not be bored.

>dude just stay home and live off your parents and spend 30minutes doing jack shit with your legs crossed lmao

Meditation is pagan sacrilege.

Pray, fools.

What you say is correct. This is why it is helpful to be able to fully control and explore the phenomenon of internal monologue, both from within and without. This is exactly why mind clearing meditation is useful.

Why not do it for 20-30 minutes before bed rather staring at a phone inches from your face while wacking off to pictures of buff men

I don't pray because I don't beg. I provide for myself.

... says the man who will die and be dead forever, while claiming self-provision.

Sure sounds independent.

the last line implies that conscious thought is necessary to have motivation and intelligence. While conscious thought is necessary for some processes, one shocking thing that skill in mind clearing meditation reveals is how suprisingly few are the processes which require it - or are even assisted by it.
An enormous factor in focus and flow states is the quieting of the mind. This is not by accident. With less random flailings of the conscious mind, the mind can partition its efforts more efficiently.

>I don't pray because I don't beg. I provide for myself.

Attached: qwi12.jpg (207x243, 6K)

I have an internal monologue and I don't want it to stop, I just want to be able to latch on to the productive thoughts. I'm trying to avoid being an over-thinker who constantly ruminates about shit. Like how I'm perceived by other people, embarrassing shit that happened in the past, comparing myself to more successful and smarter people, etc

Meditation is good conditioning for all forms of mental self-control. Also look into cognitive behavioral therapy.

bump

I've tried this, and it just doesn't work for me. Sure it's calming and tranquil, helps me keep focus for about an hour, at most. After that I just end up more irritable than ever and I end up pissed off and start screaming and I just want to fucking grab someone by the ankle and swing them around like a fucking club until I've destroyed every object in my immediate surrounding. I just don't think I'm compatible with it.

You're completely retarded and incorrect. You should meditate on how you’re so retarded

youtu.be/10J6crRacZg

>that doesn't really do fuck-all
You're suppose to make these bait claims when there isn't evidence

>He says this unironically while he literally posts on the fitness section of image board for chinese cartoons

Attached: 1533505134891.png (474x465, 318K)

Imagine being this autistic

This is torturing animals levels of you should probably see a psychiatrist.

It goes it goes it goes ... Yuh!

Yeah twice. Come on me bro.