What's this exercise called again?

What's this exercise called again?

Attached: mixed grip bicep curls.webm (720x720, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5hYW8VavY1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sitting 88 salute

Wow

Cat back fever

rip bicep

Is that the Majin bu thing from DragonBall? Is he /ourguy/?

Full popeye

Oh shit I didn't even notice that

rofl

also, nope not ever doing mixed grip again. BYE mixed grip. BYE. Fuck off now! GET OUT.

Double over hand + straps no matter what. I dont care what you say, jason blaha!

I was expecting his legs to bend in half in the wrong direction

It's called: Following the"accessory lifts" are for pussies, mantra.

Mixed grip is for ego lifting faggots.
Lift it with two goddamned hands facing the same damned way you fucking wimp.

When your bicep tears like that, how much recovery is involved?

This is how I got to 240kg last night. I know my form is terrible but it works

How does this nigga just pull it up and ignore his bicep tearing? Doesn't it hurt?

s.oy is known to block pain receptors

I dunno.
All I know is that guy is out of the game for years.
Unless he does HGH but I seriously doubt he has the money to buy enough hgh to heal a fuck up of that magnitude.
I also doubt that he's stupid enough to do that much hgh on top of the heavy amounts of gear he's obviously on.

how do i avoid this

Attached: R-802120-1479065052-3857.jpeg.jpg (1252x1252, 84K)

Double overhand grip

jesus fuck this is why I only ever hook grip for 5 reps

don't lift 600 lbs with a mixed grip

THE 'CEP SNAPPER

Don't do steroids without a ton of hgh
Don't powerlift
Or skip egolift...sorry powerlifting altogether.
Most of the lifts don't carry over to anything other then powerlifting and it's a circus for the most part. Not the fun kind the creepy and sad kind.

I've been thinking about this, fuck trying to hit big numbers, fuck powerlifting meme. I'd rather increase my ROM to the max no matter how much less weight i end up lifting. I sometimes follow these guys on instagram and they minimize the rom to the max on bench by arching a lot, on squats and deadlifts by using a super wide stance, to the point it becomes a joke.

Am I wrong or does he have shit form as well? It looks like he's leveraging most of the lift with his back

Came here to ask, it definitely is

He obviously roids, which metaphorically mirrors becoming a Majin i.e. losing temper in exchange for extra power

Don't be on roids and lift weights too heavy for your joints.

I mean tendons.

fpbp

Attached: cattoo.png (720x654, 460K)

Bent over stander uppers

bicep is already torn might as well get the 3 whites

t. eternal bitchweight deadlifter

AAAAAHHHHHHHH

hook grip is a thing. or straps. Don't use straps for bitch weight tho

Yeah, and?
My biceps aren't torn and I don't need gear and a cheating grip to pull heavy weight.

There's no virtue in him doing what he's doing. Not to anyone who isn't about lifting heavy.
He's doing what he wants and he hurt himself doing it.
It's stupid unsafe bullshit from a health and fitness stand point, but that's how the game he chose to play works.
He chose to sacrifice his bicep upon the alter of iron and he was rewarded great strength.
Now he's fucked.

Jesus christ that looks like it hurt a lot.

>mixed grip is cheating on a lift that's done by back and glutes

your sub 405 deadlifting opinion is noted basedboy move along

Yes.
You retard.
You need grip strength to lift that shit.
The fuck is wrong with you.

I bet you fifty bucks I got to 405 before you did. I never once touched a weight belt or lifting strap or did a mixed grip to do it either.
How long did it take you?
Cause I got that when I was 15 and fucking around in the gym.

Try learning a good hook grip, it hurts at first and takes a while to get used to, but works.

>You need grip strength to lift that shit.
And that's what the mixed grip is for

let me guess, you don't go heavy anymore because that's just ego lifting, and you also don't have any evidence of your lifts?

575 @ 190, don't (You) me ever again you larping basedboy

He does. But he's got really long legs so his starting position has to compensate for that.

A lot of people lift with bad form but will disregard advice if it comes from people that pull less weight than them

there are no good looking true max effort deadlifts

it's a pl competition, the goal is not maximum safety it's to lift the most weight within the rules

What the fuck happened? Why'd his wrist just snap back like that

Which is cheating and stupid and leads to uneven development that is not healthy in the long term.

Get it.
Do you understand?
I can't dumb this down for you any more.

No. I lifted heavy infrequently for sports and a bit for ego.
I don't play sports anymore and i'm not willing to further fuck my body up to lift heavy shit for no one in particular.
Not willing to do gear to do it either.
Cool if you want to do it. But have the fucking BALLS to admit that you're lifting for your own goddamned ego.
There's no money in powerlifting.
There's no fame in it.
There's no glory in it.
It's all ego.
Have the fucking BALLS to admit it. You people call everyone else pussy's for not working out like you do but you don't have the courage to just say that you're doing it because it makes you feel good about yourself and you don't care how unhealthy it is.
Stop being a damned bitch.

>no proof of your lift
>post two random numbers so you can LARP as a power lifter.
>thinking i give a shit that you're pretending to be someone who wasted their life and health to lift an arbitrary amount of mass in an air controlled gym probably after taking illegal substances.
K.

Enjoy your torn bicep faggot

Attached: 1537298125355.jpg (388x443, 30K)

>a paragraph of cope

honestly wow

4-6 months of Surgery plus rehab to be able to lift again (lightly). not to mention that arm will never be as aesthetic again. Very common strong man injury

Ah, so you're a bitch.
Carry on.

>not hook-gripping if you're worried about mixed grip
>not strapping every now and then on block/rack pulls
>letting the muscles in your forearm limit the weight you can use to train your entire posterior chain
I bet you do bench press with a pincer grip... lol.

OOF

how much junk do you have to be on to tear your bicep and not even feel the pain immediately

It's called the "dumb roidfag destroyer".

dont try and lift it with your arms. lock them out and keep them straight the whole time by flexing your tris

Should be stickied to be honest. Competitive athletes have made the decision to sacrifice safety for performance. You don't have to.

By tearing ur biceps???

I bet this dude laughed at people using straps. Never done a mixed grip deadlift, never will. Don't care if you melt down about my use of straps on my top set.

I respect a 3 plate high bar squatter who hits olympic depth more than a low bar coper using 5 plates but bending over like he's taking a BBC in the process.

I like the Clarence Kennedy approach. He says that the reason he squats so deep is that he always focuses on making the lift more difficult not heavier. The funny thing is that if you just focus on doing as much ROM as possible instead of as much weight as possible, you'll get way stronger overall and if you wanna arch the bench or just squat to depth you'll be able to handle way more weight naturally. On the other hand I doubt a lot of powerlifters could squat ATG with half their PR weight.

ITT Seething copelets basedling onions"boys"

In some weird alternative reality gripping a specific way matters. Not this one. Go KYS and try again.

LITERALLY just never pull 1's. Bicep gets too big of a load and gets torn, if you keep your sets above four you never have to feel this.
You really dont benefit that much from super low sets, or you do, but it's not worth the risk

Attached: FITRX-SCULPT-YOUR-SHOULDERS-JEFF-SEID-FB.jpg (600x637, 41K)

A guy at work had it happen when he tried to catch a tank of fertilizer falling out of his truck bed.

He had surgery immediately. The doctor told him the best case scenario with bicep tears is that you'll recover to about 90%. The bicep is attached by 3 tendons, you usually only tear one, and when re-attached, that tendon is about 2/3 as strong as normal.

Definitely something that i don't ever want to happen. I did mixed grip for awhile, but after seeing enough bicep tear videos from it, I started using straps.

How does that even happen? Why does the bicep tear off? Doesn't make any sense. You'd think the bone or ligaments give up first.
And why don't heavy diddliers just use hook grip?

this
guy I met through work tore his lifting a grill into the back of a truck, 6 months of near no movement after surgery, he cant lift much more than a pencil.

use chalk and hook grip. Pretty much impossible to drop the bar and 100% safe.

underrated

Attached: 1333484717528.jpg (428x510, 50K)

Ask ennui if he's still around. Tore his bicep doing a 45lbs curl or something.

I believe you friendo, I got 315 for 4 reps at 15. If only I would have been more consistent and continued to lift...

Attached: 0c926ab88c06d98381cc3977e7d3e20df29f99e81105370ea01d9bbaf0f814c7.jpg (255x205, 12K)

Jesus Christ this dyelism

Fruit Roll Ups

Well he got that far by using mixed grip. It's fair for him to assume that he'd be fine..until he isn't.

Jesus Christ man, I've seen fat women who cope less than you

>That bicep

Attached: shibuya.jpg (707x263, 89K)

weighted bicep scissor

the left bicep from SNAP city.

>comes to a fitness forum
>specifically comes to a thread about lifting
>estats
>screams a paragraph of "wtf?! why would anyone care about how much you can lift?!"

4/10 b8, I replied

Attached: wewlad1.gif (300x300, 174K)

Lol. What those """"""powerlifters""""" do is not even a low bar squat. Its just called a sumo squat and i agree is just some fucked geometric position to move the bar one inch and get a white light. A real lowbar squat is nothing like that and its a shame people lump it in with shitty powerlifting.

use straps on DL, you're not competing so don't get an ego about not using straps

Bicep roll-ups

Yeah but Clarence probably roids and is also a genetic freak, so how he does it might not apply to everybody. Especially the part about getting freakishly strong as he is. I'd go proper full ROM anyway because it's safer, gives you a better overall aesthetic and makes you at least lift without shame if the weight is decent.

Attached: squatman.jpg (541x619, 46K)

Attached: basic lifts form tutorial.jpg (948x2195, 540K)

Oh FUCK fucking NOPE

the only big numbers you're putting up is the amount of cope in this post

what do you do for exactly 5 reps?

Attached: hmmm.png (128x128, 38K)

Dont try to lift 700 pounds. If you need to just use straps with double overhand grip.

>Bench Press
>stuff something down your shirt
Ah yes the Hoff Press lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=5hYW8VavY1I

Attached: dangers_of_mixed_grip.png (1397x787, 1.12M)

>you do x because it makes you happy, therefore u r retar
The sheer amount of C O P E in this post

>probably

Yeah cause hgh can magically reattach a severed tendon. Strong logic, you sound like a real expert.

SHNIPPEN SHNAPPEN

> -T. 2 pl8 squatter.

If you weren't a 135lbs teenager you'd know the 5pl8 lowbar squatter will easily squat 4pl8 highbar for reps. You're confusing low bar with geared lifting.

how 2 prevent? just curls?

He's not doing mixed grip you faggots

Don't lift heavy while roiding. Roiding is fine for aesthetics but your tendons won't grow as fast as your muscles, so what should be an easy lift for your muscles puts too much pressure on the tendons and they snap.

Everyone knows ego is involved you fucking nigger, why wouldn't anyone feel good about themselves when they know they're strong? Congratz on the discovery and an entire paragraph of cope

Attached: Critical Coping Levels.gif (450x253, 3.83M)

You don't need anything to pull heavy because you cannot pull heavy at all basedboi. Kys kike

Absolute jewry. Enjoy your submaximal development and be a good boy and wait in the Prius while Tyrone finishes with your creatura wife.

Don't do tonnes and tonnes of steroids and lift at max weight.