Why aren't you brewing your own kombucha, Jow Forums?

Why aren't you brewing your own kombucha, Jow Forums?

>good for your gut
>fewer calories than soda
>caffeine
>all the benefits of tea
>super cheap
>tasty

Attached: KombuchaScoby.jpg (940x788, 75K)

But we are.... You are late to the game

It's too much effort

>making tea once a week is too much effort

Attached: Data-The-Royale-lt-commander-data-8526274-512-384.jpg (512x384, 24K)

I’ve bought at the store and it was expensive and tasted gross

I feel you on all the benefits

>wtf is that shit he’s pulling out of jar and how longs it take to make this shit

I do water kefir. I'd do milk but it's just too unappealing. Upgrade to kefir, kombucha dowent have a diverse enough profile. Even water kefir isnt enough

Are you ok user

home made tastes way better imo

kombucha usually takes about a week or two to ferment (depending on how sour you want it). during that time the pellicle forms on top. it looks like a giant booger, but it's basically just cellulose. you can eat it or turn it into fruit leather (kinda like a fruit roll up) or throw it away or compost it (it's good for plants that like acidic soil)

You forgot
>disgusting

>diverse enough profile
this is why i do other ferments as well
home made hot sauce and sauerkraut and other fermented veg
prebiotic qualities of fiber + probiotics from fermentation = really good for your gut
they're also pretty darn tasty

Because it tastes like apple cider vinegar and ass, and the elation you get from drinking it is just a mild alcohol buzz because you are drinking stanky fermented sugar water.

I could get the same benefits from drinking the water in my hummingbird feeder after it has been sitting out in the hot sun for a week.

Look, I get it - everbody needs a hobby. Mine is shitposting on Jow Forums. So you like drinking jailhouse hooch or pruno. Own it, brother. If this is how you get your kicks power to ya.

But don't pretend it has magical health benefits because the internet told you so.

Scobie pls come back

I made it before, but I think I’ll stick to fermented pickles and kimchi

ok but what are the negatives

I've started making Switchel recently. It's really simple to make and similar to kombucha. In a gallon of water you add 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar, and a few tablespoons of ginger. You can sweeten it with honey, molasses, maple syrup, or whatever you want. Some recipes even add oats to the mix.

kek

>kombucha
>cold brewed coffee
>craft beer
>veganism
>nintendo

Attached: 1517021410730.gif (413x243, 51K)

haha
memes!

>trying to steal my microbiome gains
shoo shoo fitness jew

He is right though wtf is this basedboy shit

>i don't understand it so its s o y

You can also make leather-like material from it, apparently.

Why the fuck do you even need a beverage like tea, coffee or soda?