Why is everyone so weak?

In my uni gym no one ever squats more than 225, deadlifts 315, or presses more than maybe 105 lbs. I’m a beginner still on linear progression but I’m still stronger than everyone here. What gives?

Attached: A3BC8931-CB80-4AA7-8A44-95B33E58C010.png (542x512, 557K)

They probably do way more volume than you, bloatlord.

>In my uni gym
You answered your own question

Attached: 20181005195101.jpg (840x925, 316K)

No I tend to train in the same 5-8 rep range with them, just more weight

how much do you press for what sets?

thats normal, maybe the internet stats you seen on here dosen't represent the real world

About 125 for 3 sets of 5, I’m not really strong but it’s 25 pounds more than I see for anybody else for 5

uni gyms are full of humanities nu-males and STEM sperglords
go to your local competitive powerlifting gym and watch how your ego literally dissapears into thin air

Maybe they're training submaxically, maybe they don't wanna feel exhausted after working out, maybe they're not as autistic as some other people. Why do you even care fag.

Because it's a uni gym

That's strong for normie standards, but what this user said

I don’t have an ego I’m not bragging about my late novice tier lifts I was legitimately asking why people around me weren’t stronger

I was in the same situation when I was starting lifting. There were fucking huge guys in my uni gym, but I only ever saw 2 people squat or deadlift more than me, and most guys couldn't bench 2pl8.

Same situation for me back in January, I was on linear progression and in the first month worked up to a 315×5 squat which no more than 3 other guys could do in there. This is just the way commercial gyms are I think.

125 lbs? Including bar?

Yea this a pathetic bench to be going around commenting on other people with

The Press is not the bench press you fucking retard

Wow you sound really strong thx for sharing :)

post bench

1. Lots of people have no fucking idea what they're doing, as a result avoid heavy lifts and use meme machines
2. People are young. Rare for non athletes to be lifting before 18
3. Your actual athletes probably train elsewhere.
4. People are in uni and feel a social pressure to lift but they're still just as shitty people in terms of dedication band so give up.

This. Most people don't squat 400lbs for three reps then sit around listening to death metal for fifteen minutes before doing another set.

Probably because they are normal people just trying to be healthy or look good

Most people are mediocre wastes of space OP.

My bench is 1.4x bodyweight.

The fact you won't even post the actual number tells me all i need to know

Attached: b7d.jpg (680x680, 34K)

Btw that’s nots op. I only bench around 215. Poverty bench gang till I knock

You're so strong and awesome and better than everyone

Numbers are meaningless. If I'm 300lbs or if I'm 100lbs the import of the lift weight is completely changed. Without knowing bodyweight, no lift in the normal bell curve can ever be impressive nor dyel. This is also why 1/2/3/4 is a retarded metric. For some that's strong as fuck, and for others it's just decent.

>squats
>deadlifts
because those are meme lifts

I'm fucking laffing that pic is spreading already, based pooplord

athletics trainer here

you probably have very high standars when it comes to lifting, the guys you see deadlifting 700 lbs at under 225 lbs are freaks of nature, and those deadlifting 700 and over at heavier weights

i have lots of triple, long jumpers and sprinters running on the 11.00 mark + or - and any of them can deadlift over 400 lbs

when you have lets say a tall dude without much muscle who deadlifts 550-600 lbs within months of training he's special