ITT: NECKPILLS

Daily reminder that if you have a pencil neck you are wasting your time lifting unless you are also training your neck directly and HARD.

Neck is the NUMBER ONE factor in determining male aesthetics and getting a positive perception from others. A weak neck is an instantaneous indicator of physical weakness and unsuitability for breeding. God forbid, as a necklet, you ever get a strong right hook to the jaw during an altercation. You will be spending the rest of your days in a coma.

Neck = Power. Neck = Aesthetics.,,

Neck = LIFE

Attached: fkev71bv8qz01.jpg (1272x800, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iW5SH78yD4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

REMINDER if you are not in a brace quadrapelgic wheelchair needing full transfer support due to repeatedly loading weight on your C spine women are NOT interested. Nothing turns women on more than a man with a suprapubic catheter and clonus.

Based and Upper motor neuron pilled

Not OP but what's wrong with the harness for a few light sets after workouts?

Even something like headbanging causes degeneration and stenosis. Something you really don't want that high up. The neck has never been designed to do any weight bearing beyond the head. Resistance against force might be fine but don't flex it.

b-but what about the people who make fun of lifters saying that their head is growing out of their shoulders

T. Pencil neck

Which excercises can I do to improve my neck?

Wrestlers bridges are all you need

>lifting for aesthetics
never gonna make it

I do neck curls 3x20-25 three times per week and add weight after I hit 25 reps per 3 sets

how do i get a thick neck?

Daily reminder that it is an absolute waste of time to isolate neck. push-ups eyes straight forward, pull-ups, backlifts..the list is endless.

I saw a soldier once comment on getting neck gains after having to wear a helmet all the time in the middle east. Would that actually work?

Attached: 1517964373397.png (680x559, 114K)

lol, you mean how to get extra bone growth next to the most high strung nerves in your body you mean? Fucking america.

Neck curls, properly done. Chin tucked in, low weight, front, back and side to side laying down

reminder that when training the neck you do not move the neck itself, just the head, is the same motion as when you are noding, for a little test, put your hands on your neck and then let your head rest on any of your shoulders now put it back on place, then move just your head side to side without moving your neck, you will notice that when you move your neck all the tension on the muscle in your neck dissapears, while when moving only the head the flexion and extension of the muscle os noticeable, you might have also notice some poping sounds while moving your neck, to prevent any injury to the spine and nerves in your neck, do not move your neck, just like the core is the to stabilize the lower back during the deadlifts, the neck muscle stabilize the spine in your neck, only move your head like your are noding when training your neck for the best results, for an aesthetic strong neck, simply do neck curl and extensions, you can add side to side flexions and supinations too, but those are not really needed, start your neck training by warming up your neck, then lie with your head out on the edge of your bed and do curls and extensions, 3 to 5 sets of 10 reps daily is enough, at the end of every set hold your head in place for as long as you can, 30 to 60 seconds is enough, after a couple of weeks, while still doing neck with just the weight of your head, you can start using weights, starts with a very smal weight, 5 pounds is perfect and do curls and extension aswell, same reps and sets as before but do it only 2 or 3 times per week, you can use heaveier weights every 2 weeks, once you reach 1 plate (45 pounds)for the safety of your neck, there is no need to go any heavier than that, you can also increase the reps and set as needed

>suprapubic catheter and clonus
yes, start wearing a military helmet everywhere you go

>everywhere
don't be autistic

wrestler bridges are not a suitable exercise for begginers and should not be attempted by begginers, as i mention here to train your neck you must not move the spine in your neck, the "progression exercises" for bridges do not take in consideration that part, the first and safe (that does not force you to move the spine unless you deliveratly do it wrong) requires already have a strong neck and lower body and spine flexibility, unless you are a wreslter or practice any sort of combat or full contact sport, you do not need to do bridges for a strong aesthetic neck
t.mma figther

itt: virgins that thing their neck is the reason why they dont slay.

Attached: 1535227448907.jpg (768x1024, 265K)

Would I be right in saying that getting a big neck is actually pretty easy? I mean i've been training my neck in the same way as says and after a couple of weeks i'm already noticing a difference.

Its great too because you can just do them on your bed at home

>Would I be right in saying that getting a big neck is actually pretty easy?
you would be 100% wrong

Big neck is something like pic rel. Someone like OP pic rel has NORMAL neck. Anything below width of your jaw is a pencil neck. People with literal pencil neck wil NEVER EVER get even a normal size neck.

Attached: 15101570_1032976710181050_8182205920592265216_n.jpg (1080x1080, 119K)

This sounded really reasonable until you suggested hanging 20 fucking kilograms off a persons head.

Attached: 1513140470679.gif (540x304, 1.6M)

>reminder that when training the neck you do not move the neck itself, just the head, is the same motion as when you are noding
uhh in my experience it's the exact opposite lol, unless you're deliberately trying to troll people into not making any gains

it's literally the neck muscles' job to keep your chin stable

you can't even nod if you flex your neck muscles lol

>People with literal pencil neck wil NEVER EVER get even a normal size neck.

I don't think thats true. You can see loads of transformation pics where people's necks go from thin to normal, thinking zyzz in particular. Unless you are talking some kind of extreme pencil neck case.

DONT DO THIS. What you are moving here is the atlas and axis, the two uppermost vertebrae which have a very unique structure to allow a lot of mobility, but not much stability. If you damage these much you are well and truly fucked.

>You can see loads of transformation pics where people's necks go from thin to normal
show me

obviously no inmediatly, you build up to it and that would be the biggest amount you can use, i mentioned it to point out that there is no point in going beyond that amount of weight
>you can't even nod if you flex your neck muscles lol
???,sound like a probklem you might wanna look into, reminder to stretch you neck after a neck workout
>it's literally the neck muscles' job to keep your chin stable
the stability of the neck comes from the muscles, those two joint you mention are there to help your head move, what i described is the safest method to train your neck by taking as much preassure from the spine as possible, granted it does not completly take all the preassure, i understand where you are coming from with this, but if you can't train your neck with its most natural movements, then what are you supposed to do according to you? stay neckless?, i wrote this because every neck thread tells you to train neck but you never see people telling you how to do it safely

same with NFL players they have to run, change directions all the time with helmets on, or F1 drivers, but they get their necks through a lifestyle let's say, not a 15min session of doing hard dangerous lifts with their necks directly 3x/week

Daily reminder that if you blame your neck for your low self esteem/lack of sex life/whatever else then you are already sucked too far down by memes and are never ever going to make it

The safest way to train neck is time under tension. If you have a vibrating plate use it and try keep your neck tense and still. Otherwise what i do is clench and unclench my jaw as i jerk it. It forces your neck to work against the shakes of the rest of the body and adds up to a lot of TuT.

this actually makes sense, turning your head or noding it up and down feels like a safe and natural movements pattern.

on the other hand jerking your entire neck up and down like a retard with plates on your forehead or with a harness looks like the fastest way to snapcity

youtube.com/watch?v=iW5SH78yD4A
best video for neck exercises

Attached: t1400x848.jpg (960x576, 74K)

Just do your fucking compounds and you’ll eventually get a thicker neck.

>he didn't show transformations
im not suprised

tfw semi thick neck but pencil arms
I looked like I should be fairly muscular with headshot photos but then you see my arms and its sad

Tenda legit should take minoxidil for beard growth. Grow a goatee and then do neck training.

Attached: 1536990246507.png (600x409, 197K)

Sure, if you take steroids and do direct trap work, your neck will be fine. Other than that, directly work it.

this guy needs to relax with the chest exercises, his pecs look legit like tits.

Attached: timgabeltits.jpg (823x700, 55K)

I have a thick neck, 17.5”, but I’m like a 6. Don’t buy into memes mates

whats everyones neck measurements? im 15.5inches is that shit?

Idk, my coach used to make us roll our helmeted heads on the ground. I don’t think that did shit though, I think my coach was just a cunt.

I don’t know what you have to do specifically, but I think that shit is set in childhood. I played sports year round since I was a kid, and my shoulders and neck are huge. My little brother only ran and even though we’re the same height and weight, my neck is about 3” bigger, my arms are about 2” longer. He lifts now and shit, but I think your body just adapts to what you did as a kid desu

Depends how big your head is. I’ve got a big head and it makes my neck look extremely small when viewed from the side, and I’m 14” in girth (still small but if I had a normal sized head I’d look normal)

bwahahhaha this guy is such a faggot

Attached: Gemma.jpg (700x962, 64K)

You realize that your genes are the same no matter whether you choose to work out or not?

>doing weighted shrugs, the day after can't move my head to the left. Get told by fit friend that over working neck is dangerous and I should exercise it often
Is friend looking out for me or is he being a gains goblin?

Tfw 17 inch neck with no isolation yet still smaller than my jaw

The best neck training reporting in

Attached: 24199_orig.jpg (640x360, 116K)

Reminder that if you dont waterboard yourself you are not gonna make it
Also i have a 16 inch (40cm) neck with 13.78 inch (35cm) biceps, yeah i know dyel and shit, but wtf i have never done neck exercises is it just genetic? I searched in bodybuilding forum and they say that 16 inches is a respectable size for the neck

Attached: BC451918-1395-44BF-A18E-BD1871EF3580.png (1280x798, 1.05M)

Attached: 8e4603d51096d848cc8082b44d597b0f789e4b46741e2e2d2a18f37e6726c744.jpg (1280x720, 182K)

Ngl I waterboard myself occasionally to build resistance to torture

Wrestling coach? Rolling on your neck and toes isn't really for strength, its more of a stretch.

Attached: B897ED8E_1914_4BF3_B9FC_4A0D5E8BB6BA.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

plate onfront side and back of head and push it with head.start at 2.5 lbs and work up to 30pds

almost died doing neck curls today, be safe