You don't gain size from 1-5 rep range

>you don't gain size from 1-5 rep range

Attached: 1536351850996.png (558x614, 3K)

You do, after all you muscles get stronger but they won't grow a lot compared to the usual hypertrophy range.

it's illegal for muscle fibers to grow in size unless they contract 6 or more times with added weight in a row

Broscience LMFAO. Kys

What? Ive been doing squats for almost 4 years now and my legs dont look like they squat 3x my bw

What does that have to do with rep range?

When will people wake up an realise that optimal results are achieved by working at multiple rep/set/pause schemes

Well all of my squats have been in the 5 rep range and they haven't grown a lot

the inconsistency among anti low rep people is astonishing

>you don't grow muscles on less than 5 reps
>you do grow muscles on less than 5 reps, but only in your ass
>actually you don't grow any muscle on less than 5 reps

What? Muscles do grow in the 5 rep range just not as much

Stop. Was a good meme, but it's over now.

Elaborate in detail

Are you saying ivysaurs 4 4 8 is better than SL and SS for beginners on linear progression?

i know a guy who does 1-5 reps exclusively

Attached: 1538553355780.png (669x552, 246K)

Here on Jow Forums, you have guys who still do max out workouts that leave them with DOMS for a few days, only allowing them to hit a muscle group once every 2-3 days. They believe that this is the superior way to work out. In reality, you can't max out every time you workout unless you workout sparsely; you can't push your body to a maximum limit daily or even every other day. By definition, you cannot deplete your muscles to that point every day; even if you are attempting to do this, in all reality, you're actually getting shitty workouts in on muscles that haven't fully recovered.

The better way to workout not completely depleting your muscle strength and lifting more often; you want to lift for volume rather than numbers in a single workout to facilitate muscle recovery with as little downtime as possible.

For instance, using a nice round number, if you can do 10 reps, but it leaves you with DOMS for the next two days, then you're better off doing 5 reps every day. Instead of 10 reps once per 3 days, you do 5 every day and bring your total for 3 days from 10 to 15 with less muscle and joint strain. If you've ever seen the farmer strength/labor strength meme, this is effectively the explanation for it; a farmer doesn't go out and kill himself for one more rep every day, but he still engages his muscles. The end result is a greater volume of work being put on his body rather than blasting sections of his body every few days.

yeah, me too

Attached: ben.png (715x720, 615K)

I dont like ivosaurs. It has a lot of unnecessary weirdness to it for no other reason than to make it look more advanced. More so it's progression is slow and sub optimal.
Beginners need not work on anything but strenght and 3x5 or 5x5 does that well.

When linear progression starts to stall and intermediate phase begins it is a must to work out more advanced. That means more complecated progression schemes and for optimal growth more variation in the training is needed.
You should still focus on getting stronger so starting the day with a compound in the 5-ish rep range is recommended. That should be followed by some volumen compounds and then some isolation.

Work some sets with low reps and high pause. Then some high reps and medium pause, then high reps and low pause etc etc.

wrong

Attached: 20181013_124525.jpg (799x654, 82K)

Awe it’s retarted

Attached: 91BB3EC9-E7DD-4898-ACC5-A04F55D5E630.png (856x846, 85K)

Unless you're working at very high (90%+) or very low (40%-) intensities, you should experience similar hypertrophy results. Using multiple intensities and rep ranges is ideal, however.

Attached: 6D8E538B-9AE8-4B85-B721-F9EAA56F5CF2.jpg (877x727, 130K)

doesnt matter the rep range i use i can gain strenght without gaining muscle, dunno if im cucked or gifted, i have probably the strongest biceps in the world at 5 feet 11 inches 166 lbs

i can strict curl 160 lbs to the wall

>switch up the program a bit
>do 6 reps one week
>no gains few weeks later
shieet

Thanks I'm doing ICF 5x5 right now I'm 4 months in

Brutal blackpill incoming:

It doesn’t matter what rep range you use. If you lift weights, eat, and sleep, you’ll gain size. Low rep ranges are just a lot more fun which promotes consistency

How is that a blackpill?

Am I banned?

Attached: lifting chart 2.jpg (867x361, 47K)

So it doesn't matter at all?

All he did in 6 years was shave his chest?

Wtf why is 7 left out entirely? Even on the theoretical line, I expected it to be a curve

You are wrong, you colossal faggot. I gained more muscle mass focusing more on hypertrophy than I did with strength. And I did fucking strength training for 8ish months when I first started lifting weights. So even with god damn beginner gains, hypertrophy>>>> strength training for muscle mass

6-7 reps = NO gains bro, get with the science

Hes juiced to the gills.

>18-20 reps literally less effective than doing 1 rep
Objective scientific proof that cardio kills gains. Now check out this 6

1-5 is just an abstract form of measuring time under tension.
I am not a heavy proponent of pump and fluff but I think that the weights you use should be heavy enough so that they don't allow for more than 15 reps(for most muscle groups)
I used to do low reps and I got strong from it but it not only is more dangerous to your connective tissue and joints but it's also not going to get you a lot of size, it just makes your body highly efficient in a certain movement pattern

of course he is, lol

Many Jow Forumsizens ponder how it is that SS gives you no hypertrophy, yet simultaneously gives you massive, gigantic legs that literally prevent you from wearing pants in just 6-8 weeks.

The answer is that SS grows the legs through a previously undiscovered phenomenon called Rippetoetrophy, a special type of rapid growth specific to the legs

Don't forget Rippetoetrophy also makes you gay

with an ass so big, attracting gay men is just mandatory

It does a little, but not much.

>~5 reps maximizes CNS utilization of existing muscle of strength gains, moderate degree of muscle destruction for rebuilding to moderate size gains
>~8-12 maximizes muscle destruction for rebuilding to maximum size gains, moderate degree of CNS muscle utilization for moderate strength gains

And here's a theory
>SS trex memes come from the fact that the time under tension of 5x5 a2g slow and steady squats is much longer (and thereby closer to hypertrophy range) than bench or OHP.