QTDDTOT

Making the QTDDTOT for today, post your questions I’ll try my best to answer what I can as I have no life or anything better to do atm

I’ll start with my questions:
What faggot mod pissed his bed last night? Seriously threads are getting deleted left and right, someone’s clearly an angry 50yBoi.

And,
I’m cutting, how effective would it be to eat zero carbs on days that I’m not training? Just learned to cook better chicken breast on a grill and I don’t need any sides or anything to enjoy it now, so I figure I’ll just eat my chicken breast and nothing else so long as I hit my proton macro

Attached: 36A3BF2C-E37B-4ACB-AB9F-6EC3171B71B6.jpg (750x749, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/muscle-gain-math.html/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23679146
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Will bulking slower (0.5 lb/week) add a better ratio of muscle to fat?

For example, if this allows me to add 0.4 lb muscle and 0.1 lb fat per week, I'd rather bulk slowly. But if I can still only at 0.25/0.25, I'd rather bulk at 1 lb/week and gain 0.5/0.5.

My PT told me pure protz are badly metabolized, which is why you need a bit of carbs with your chicken breast.
At some point he was drinking pure whey shakers thinking he was being clever but it turned out he just pissed them out, so he started adding a bit of maltodextrine back in them.
Make of that what you will.

I’m not too sure about the ratio but I know you can minimize fat gains by getting closer to exactly what your body needs to build muscle and not going over, if you could do that. I think going for .5-1lb a week would be good because it’d be easier to just stop when you get to 15%bodyfat, giving you longer to bulk and gain muscle than if you just ate 1000 over maint. and got fat as fuck.
I guess I’ll have a little bit of carbs then

There's already a thread, search for 2 seconds before making one.

Do you need to be masochist to enjoy lifting?

Attached: mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t-c,22,2,0,352.u1.jpg (528x352, 22K)

Is the jury still out on Roy protein? I’ve read conflicted things. Not really sure what to believe.

No, I enjoy feeling the weight of the bar pushing my feet into the ground.
Come to think of it this is not so different from the hug box for autists.

Ok did my own reading.

Attached: BFE439D0-7035-448E-8423-C6A15EE63373.png (750x1334, 174K)

Yeah but otherwise I wouldn’t have gotten to call that pissy mod out in a thread where he’s be able to delete with without proving the principle that he’s a lil bitch

Attached: D96D4A8B-AF41-4800-B106-5AD0E5CB6593.png (750x1334, 191K)

What’s a good routine if my only goal is putting on size? Im fine with where my strength currently is (1/2/3/4) I just look like shit

Can I achieve Brad Pitt ottermode without touching weights, only with bodyweight? Any advice?

Pplpp
Yeah all ottermode really is is a swimmers body, they don’t really use weights too often, sometimes some medicine ball training though

Want to do cardio on the way to work, lift in the way home. What can I do with my wet gym towel and clothes while at work? (My gym makes me bring my own) to not make my car stink?

Am fat, want to be skinny... Or just average. Keto / IF has worked in the past but all my lifts went WAY down.
Routine to keep strength?

fellas how do i deal with a motivation issue. i recognize that my life could only get better if i started getting fit, and i'd probably fall into the habit of it pretty easily, but i just can't get myself off of my ass. it's not like i'm an immobile 400 lb either. what's wrong with me

Attached: 1489957199318.png (357x313, 30K)

To before a better cyclisr should I front squat or lbsquat or hbsquat?
Should I try to intresse 1RM or 12RM or 20RM?

Or should i just concentrate on core work?

can a fat person use roids?

my dad just died a few hours ago and i'm waiting for my flight home. how the fuck do I go on from here? what is the point in anything?

stop being a pussy

yes but it test will convert to estrogen at a much higher rate so enjoy the tits

I'm still in University but I want to start looking for a job. On some offers for sysadmins it says that you need to be able to move ~20kg boxes, so would it be a good idea to put my 1RMs in my resume?

Attached: j7J4mlX.jpg (1242x1541, 520K)

Sorry about your dad, mate. Its something we all go through and its a cliche but it gets better with time. Be the man hed want you to be.

Have you ever embraced someone dying of plague, sire?

Or go AWS, nothing to lift when its all virtual infrastructure. Serious money fow AWS admins/devops atm.

>sysadmins
wtf no. that'd be autistic as fuck.

as stupid as it is, hearing that from a random stranger on an anime site does make me feel a bit better. thanks

Ok but in order to be desirable for the highest number of companies I shouldn't limit myself to cloud related stuff

But vms weigh almost nothing, who cares how much you can lift

How do I stop feeling depressed?

I'm doing everything that's healthy but I still can't stop feeling like shit to the point I'm not productive at all, the only moment I feel slightly good is at the gym and as soon as I walk out I'm back to shit.

Just answer my question please, I know I'm an autist

No, dont put your 1rm on your CV, just note your hobbies include weightlifting and fitness. Thatll let them know without looking daft.

Do not list your PRs on a resume. At best you can mention it in an interview if the question of what you like to do in your spare time should come up for some reason, and then only to demonstrate that you're dedicated and consistent even in your non-working life.

What's the best place to buy shirts that are tight around the chest/arms to show off gains?

Attached: arnold is numero uno.gif (285x198, 2M)

230lb (fat)/6'1" male here

I just started a 6:18 IF routine, and also 5x5SL.

What should I expect? I've done 3-5 day fasts before and didn't feel much, just a little tired by day 4ish.
At what point during the 6h where I can eat, or during the 18 I can't should I do my 5x5?
Is it true that a foamroller after workout makes your muscles grow faster? Pretty sure I read this here on Jow Forums years ago.
Is MVC really a good idea?

Attached: model-view-controller-mvc-explained.jpg (585x239, 15K)

Consider seeing a therapist

Sorry, user

Start slow. Work out one day a week, then work out two days the next week, and so on.

No

Attached: 1396651696870.png (514x433, 311K)

Shrooms or LSD. Ketamine if can't get the other stuff but not as effective in the long term. Inform yourself well first though. Read about it for a month or two before jumping into it. Always test your drugs.

>Will bulking slower (0.5 lb/week) add a better ratio of muscle to fat?

yes

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/muscle-gain-math.html/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23679146

>Body weight (BW), body composition, one repetition maximum (1RM), 40 m sprint and counter movement jump (CMJ) were measured pre- and post-intervention. Energy intake was higher in the NCG than in the ALG (3585±601 vs. 2964±884 kcal) and consequently BW increased more in NCG than in ALG (3.9±0.6% vs. 1.5±0.4%). Fat mass (FM) increased more in NCG than in ALG (15±4 vs. 3±3%), but gain in LBM was not different between groups. All 1RM results improved in both groups (6-12%), whereas 40 m sprint and CMJ remained unchanged, except for a significant decrease in 40 m sprint for the athletes in NCG. Athletes with nutritional guidance increased BW more, however, excess energy intake in a weight-gain protocol should be considered carefully due to undesirable increases in body fat.

tl;dr two groups of athletes placed on a controlled surplus or allowed to eat ad libitum, the ad libitum group (who ended up eating a smaller surplus) gained about the same LBM but much less fat

Redpill me on running. Is there an SS + GOMAD equivalent of running?

>Is MVC really a good idea?
Yes but hipster 'coders' will try to lead you astray by suggesting you use something like react or angular to handle the view. If that happens you look them in the eyes and tell them to GET OUT. The view will be a nice html page or thymeleaf at a stretch

cd..
cd..
ls
cd..
cd ..
ls

>hired

jokes aside, you're fucking right dude
now answer the questions I didn't know the answer to already

WHY THE FUCK DOES MY OHP SUCK SO HARD? I was doing 110 with barbell last time. NOW I CAN BARELY DO 100LB DUMBELL OHP.

Excuse me but would someone Care to explain

THE FUCK

You'll never be able to do as much weight with dumbbells as you can with a barbell

Dumbells are harder lad. The bar restricts motion in one axis, with DBs you have to do it yourself and stabilisers come into play.

Right but I failed my second goddam set with the barbell before I went down in weight and switched to dumbbells. What in the mother fuck is going on here why am I going backwards? It's hard enough to progress OHP as it is.

Going to start greyskull routine, do you need to buy a special belt for the weighted chinups?
Won't you get hurt if you fail?

If you have to ask these questions, you're probably not strong enough for weighted chinups.

After I was done doing squats today, some chick with her pt decided to take the rack for what I assumed squats because they were doing meme leg machines just before, but they started doing some kind of awkward diddly where she would lift the bar from the rack around her hip height (where rack safety is) and then lower it to her shins without touching the floor and raise back up. She was doing a plate pretty effortlessly. So what the fuck was that? Some pt meme shit?

I get some light pain in my left knee when doing squats. I don't have too much weight on as of now, I do 5x5 80 kg squats. With semi-decent form, no backpain etc.

I have been thinking of getting squat shoes (don't have them, since I started lifting in july) and kneesleeves. Would this help me with my slight pain in the left knee? I have it when squatting but not afterwards (goes away in like 2-3 minutes) and A couple of hours afterwards I feel nothing.

Sometimes when you see memeshit in the gym it could be to rehabilitate sports injuries.

So you want me to reask the same question in a few weeks? The routine says to begin unweighted then add weight in 2.5lbs increments. Are you saying I shouldn't follow the routine?

No, you just have to hate yourself
>lifting or suicide
>tfw

Attached: 6suin7vxwnn11.jpg (960x1200, 94K)

Is it true that the leaner you are, the more your body will make muscle mass instead of fat.

I'm doing a mini cut of 6 weeks before I bulk till Feb. Is it a waste to bulk if you are 20%ish skinnyfat. Did SL till 1.5pl8 bench, 1pl8 ohp.

>~20kg
Bruh that's what normal functioning human being can lift

Yes you use a special belt. Unless you want grip a pl8 in your arse cheeks for sweet glute gains. But if youre just starting its going to be a while before your doing enough pullups to bother adding weight.

Any exercises that can be substituted in for bent over row?

How do I stop stress eating

Why not just do cardio after you lift? It’ll have a better effect imo. But to answer your question, put it in a plastic grocery bag tied off tightly and toss in trunk, put in gym bag for second layer of defense.

how important is eating healthy if my only goal is to gain muscle mass & strength? is it worth it to go the extra mile? i eat about 80g sugar/400g carbs a day, and not that many sat fats or other

also if im still a developing teen at 18 will isolations help me at all? or should i just hit 1/2/3/4 firs

OP here. I could use some advice. I’m doing better for the first time in a while. I quit a shitty part time job that was making me miserable, made my anxiety crippling, and made my depression a lot worse. Since quitting 3 weeks ago I started to lift and do cardio and follow a proper cutting diet for the first time in over a year. Gains are already coming back. I’m definitely happier. However, I feel like I’m left fucked up because of how anxious I got at that job. Everyone would fuck with me for fun because I couldn’t make eye contact or speak to many people when it got as bad as it did. It’s way better now that I’m taking are of myself, but I need a new job. I am terrified because I know I’m just gonna be super shy and anxious again, and being a 6’1” 220lb(18%bodyfat) 23 year old man who is still shy is humiliating. Everyone loses respect for you when they see how anxious you are when it’s this bad, this just makes the anxiety worse when I’m around them. I know how to start working on it, I have to start just forcing myself to do shit I dislike (even if it’s just saying hi to strangers, which is difficult for me), but what kind of job can I work that this won’t be an issue? The only way I’ll do retail again is if it’s in the warehouse/stocking.

Also, any advice for getting to a more manageable level, like so I can atleast speak to people and make eye contact like a normal person?

It’s very important imo. I dirty bulked and my gains stalled quick and then I got fat. I started with a super clean and calculated bulk and the gains were great, quick, consistent, while the fat gain was super minimal. Then I just started eating 5000+ calories of crap like pizza and five guys in the same day

im still lean bulking, just not eating salads and grilled chicken whole wheat pasta shit every day. ill eat mac n cheese and muffins and shit but i still hit my calories AND macros

are you saying ill still gain excess fat?

Reposting

>day 1 - bench+squats+chest/tri accessory work
>day 2 - dilly+ohp+back accessory work
>2 day rest
>day 3 - bench + squats+ leg accessory
>day 4 - dilly + ohp + shoulder abs accessory
>1 day rest

is this an okay routine

why do fag mods keep deleting high test threads?

Oh I’m that case you’re probably fine, but for the sake of your nutrition I’d make sure to get all the veggies and shit you need. I just feel better mood and energy wise when I’m getting them, and since they’re so low in calories per serving you may as well eat them.

Wow I hate the taste but if I were to eat shit like mac n cheese I could just smother them and not taste it

Jealousy.

Idk man but this morning I saw about 10 threads go down within minutes of being created. I couldn’t help but chuckle imagining some angry sweaty and seething mod smashing away at his keyboard and mouse because he woke up in a foul mood

I wake up with a fucking intense pain in the back, like a huge needle right in the upper part of the spine, but a few seconds after it was gone. The fuck is this Jow Forums I dont want to become a cripple.

Attached: 1513095924001.png (403x448, 53K)

You should start with something like SL or SS in the beginning even if you're chasing aesthetics instead of PPL right? As I understand, the 3X week strength programs build a base in form/strength to begin the more targeted work of PPL right?

Also, should cardio be small HIIT sessions after every workout or is something like a dedicated cardio day better? Or both even?

Attached: bdfdfa62d440b084a3adce97cf9c753d6704aaf872053e83b334ef7890c9f219.jpg (640x640, 20K)

Shit thanks, this is what I was looking for

Gonna drop more of my wheyfu in training

Attached: 4B94642A-75DF-496C-946E-48593F9A31E4.jpg (750x740, 191K)

It's shit mate. Went through it a couple of years ago. All fathers deep down want their sons to be better versions of them, so think about his best qualities, emulate them, and add your own spice.

This is why my lack of social ability is so upsetting to me, idk how long I’m gonna have him but I want the nigga to see me be successful in both my ability to deal with people and career.

Also, I’m sorry for your loss man

Onions posters will never ever face the truth user

What type gym exercises do I do to cut fat most effectively. High or low rep count, and push for high or low weight?

Sounds like Romanian deadlifts, except you'd typically use a regular deadlift instead of the rack for getting to the start position.

How do I start cutting fat? What gym exercises are best and what’s the proper technique? Low rep count or high? Low or high weight? Etc.

When new, yes. but they get pretty heavy when they're full with terabytes of data.

>At what point during the 6h where I can eat, or during the 18 I can't should I do my 5x5?
doesn't matter much. Personally I work out fasted.

>Is it true that a foamroller after workout makes your muscles grow faster? Pretty sure I read this here on Jow Forums years ago.
sounds like horseshit. put the time into another set.

>Is MVC really a good idea?
sure, if you're still working a CRUD application or something. most of us have moved on to microservices

Is Couch to 5K a good enough intro into cardio or should I just try running a mile 5 days a week and increase it as I get better? Or are there other running programs I can do?

Do couch to 5k, there’s a similar one in the sticky

What is THE surefire ab exercise that ALWAYS work fit/? The one that always leave you panting and feeling good after you are done with.

I have done all kinds of shit with kettlebells, balls, towels and other memeshit but none of them gives me the feeling that I'm actually working out my core.

No. But I assure, that if you interrupt me again, you shall.

We've all read the sticky. All of us know that 'spot reduction' is a myth. At least it is memorized as so. I do think it is important to question evidence. Something I have been pondering lately so bear with me.
Could we be wrong? Glycogen is stored in your muscles, when your body uses this energy, it sucks the glycogen out of the muscles first. We know this. But what about fat? Our bodies are insanely intelligent. On all the areas that I have been lifting, fat deposits are very small as opposed to fat deposits on areas that I don't work. Do we think that our bodies are dumb that the body takes fat from fat storage and brings them all the way to the central processing facility? Or do our fat deposits become consumed by the muscles in the local area? What are your thoughts?

even beginning warming up for squats, one side of my low back down to the top of my ass muscle just lights up, stiff and aches.

It goes away after a bit, but i cannot figure out what the hell is causing it.

Any ideas?

Attached: low back pain.jpg (800x800, 72K)

Hanging leg raises for me.

that sounds like the beginnings of sciatica

welcome to bulged disc city with sciatic nerve compression

I'm doing SL 5x5 and I'm wondering if there's anything I can replace bent-over rows with. I can do them but I have long legs so it's uncomfortable.

A chiropractor may be able to help you avoid surgery.

How do I effectively warm up? I've been doing 2 sets each at around a 50% then around 75%. With 1 min rest in between. Should this be enough? I've been doing pretty shit lately so I wanted to ask in general.

No, precisely the opposite

*inhales*
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLKKKKK
*exhales*
*inhales*
TRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK

If I have a great amount of time each week for gym, what would be a better routine for a natty with 1/2/3/4, a 5-day split or a 6-day PPL?

what is the little yellow dinosaur thing on the sticky?

How do you do Good Morning's properly?
Every time I try to do it I feel like something off. Either the bar starts rolling or I just subconsciously start doing squats
Also, what's a good replacement for them if anything?

Attached: 1538005461236.jpg (694x548, 69K)

How did that happen? Shiiit

a chiropractor won't help you avoid shit, they're supreme quacks in a field founded by a quack based on absolute quackery

at best you'll get some placebo effect, at worst they'll fuck you up even more, there are documented cases of strokes following chiropractic manipulation of the neck

stay the fuck away from chiropractors, and surgery is almost never a good idea for disc bulge/herniation and doesn't improve patient outcome in general

i'm assuming you put a barbell with a few hundred pounds on it on your shoulders? that's probably how

memes aside there's so many reasons it could happen, you could have had form breakdown that caused it, you could have had absolutely no form breakdown and still gotten hurt though, or you could have even already had this before you ever touched a weight and lifting just exacerbated it a little

If someone asks e.g. how much do you squat, should I answer 1RM, or what?

Is it bad that my squat and dl are pretty much the same? I started lifting a couple weeks ago if that matters.