What’s gym culture like where you are?

What’s gym culture like where you are?

Attached: FEF25205-1644-4DB6-89A0-74F3FE7FE624.jpg (312x245, 21K)

>2018
>going to the gym
get a load of this faggot

Post your picture with time stamp I want to see what a home gym body looks like

Everyone is actually friendly. Girls are stuck up tho because most people in eastern Kentucky are fat, so a pretty girl is self absorbed and feels like a rare treasure. Really annoying and cunty.

He won’t. He has no bod. He won’t post a reply to you. Just like those faghots that say pre and whey are worthless they will never post pics of their bodies.

I go to the ymca and besides the boomers gym culture is great. Everyone’s motivating each other and we all get excited when we crush pr’s

Everyone is a bro. The owners and members both. Powerlifting/strongman oriented without the shitty elitism. Best place I've ever lifted at

Honestly I don't know, I almost never talk to anybody. Only people may exchange words with are staff on the occasion. Mostly I just keep to myself like a loner.

My local gym is super friendly, made lot of friends through it. New owner is a bitch tho, she made the gym more "commercial" like with new brands and spamming social media posts about new stuff n shit. But overall super friendly staff and people. I like

i lift at my company's fitness center so it's full of boomers and poo in loos. generally unpleasant atmosphere but the equipment is great so i just wear headphones and lift. oh and i try to get out before 7pm because that's when all of the indians show up in polo shirts with too much cologne to start sweating all over the equipment

Bros using tank tops and doing meme exercises, cool owner, instructors more worried about hitting on girls than instruct. I noticed most gyms here in Brazil have a strong bodybuilding(maromba) culture where the big lifts are often neglected.

Same my BRo, people don't give a shit about strength here, just aesthetics. Also, way too many boomers on the time I go (around 8 or 9 pm) and not enough gym thots even tho it's the biggest gym in my city
t. br southener

Attached: pvc zyzz.jpg (548x906, 180K)

>be algerian
>gym's full of chad boomers
>90% of bro-science is considered facts
>most if not all new commers know shit about diet so they will look dyel even if they lifted for years

Attached: tfw african russia.png (260x207, 148K)

Corny and outdated. Still lots of brolifters doing meme workouts. Some people have gotten wise so its becoming more common to see people come in in sweats and a hoodie and do some serious volume training. Meme tanktops and bro language from 2010-2014 is quickly dying and people who still do it look like dorks or try-hards.

Gym-thottery is at an all time high but even that is dying/peaked because people seem to care less and less. Less attention less thottery. Seems like people want to come in, lift heavy weights, and go. I love it.

I am at the gym from 0430-0700 daily. The people who attend at this time treat it like a big social club.

No one has tried to talk to me as of yet, and I have not attempted either. I hope it stays that way.

Is good.
Plenty of normies doing the bullshit bodypump classes, but I just hang in the free weight corner with all the big guys anyway.
I hear the muffled awful EDM music coming from the bodypump room and I'm like "how can anybody take 1h30 of this"?

The gym clowns are annoying. Occasionally they'll start a turf war with the staff.

I was at a gym in Southern Ohio and these two boomers seemed like they were about to fight and then they just started laughing, one was just taking the piss out of his friend. Couple of pit bulls were walking around.

The gym I go to is a haven for insta-thots so I spend my rests between sets snatching glances of 10/10s through at least three layers of reflection.
Not many strong guys but everyone is fairly friendly.
No one puts their weights back and the PTs think they are kings who can move whatever the fuck they want wherever the fuck they want.

I live in LA and it's very strong here. Most people are super friendly because people are also either networking to get somewhere, or they are just blue collar dudes/dudettes who are nice. My gym is super comfy, love it

Attached: play time.jpg (923x713, 62K)

dont let those hoes live rent free in your mind. Your beta behavior is encouraging them to be gym thots.

“Hardcore” gyms are much more popular in the south. My gf is from Nashville and driving around even smaller cities had powerlifting type hardcore gyms like this.

Attached: 190916C5-B407-4C43-BE30-A191269458AF.jpg (437x432, 265K)

Why do Pajeets always wear polos and cologne? I’ve noticed this too.

Lift, wait for rec center employee to tell u ur doing it wrong. Ask them to go away. Rinse and repeat.

Whenever I see an autist like you I like to approach them just to see how bad they are socially and it makes me giggle every time.

it's the best gym in the country
with only the most based dudes
>tfw homegym masterrace

Attached: 1524693566164.jpg (334x334, 88K)

and there's always a zoomer on 3mg of test E/week who almost makes you quit lifting because everytime you see him he's bigger and leaner lol

t. br sp

I am not autistic, and I am actually quite social in my personal and professional life. I just do not want to be part of the "social club" mentality at the gym. I like to workout in peace and do not like feeling the social pressure of having to blather on with random people.

not the other user
but I will never understand how people are seriously answering to "ad hominem"-banter on an anonymous rippletits-forum to justify themselves.
maybe I'm the autist of us 3..

Attached: il_340x270.857505378_lo31.jpg (340x270, 34K)

I have my own fucking gym culture, I live in a big city in Eastern Europe and everyone here tries to be like an American which is gay as fuck.
>work out 5x a week
>drink vodka with friends on Saturday
>lightly trim hair on chest and armpits, not shave it completely
>go to the gym in adidas superstars and tracksuit bottoms + tanktop
>listen to local rap and hardbass during workout
There's a couple of cool 30+ dudes who are absolute bros, but almost everyone my age is dyels who just do bicep curls and abs, listening to American pop or zoomer rap (sixnine and all that shit) and browsing Instagram in between sets.

No one talks to anyone. And I love it.

Swear to God almost every Algerian I've met in real life is: at least 6ft2, good looking, dumb as fuck, fucking at least 2 white bitches simultaneously.

This Tbh
He clearly meant that lifting is for autistic faglords and tryhard beta males

Cologne is to try (and I emphasise the word try) to cover their god awful stench. Polo shirts is because they think brands indicate that they are high caste when in reality no one gives a fuck in the west.

t. Low test brainlet

Small gym maybe 3 to 4 people training at the time im there including my and my gymbro. Just go there workout and go home nothing much

Post your body m8

I go to a uni gym. Everyone is a fucking dyel lanklet (including me ofc) and I will very occasionally see someone bench 2 plates or squat 3. Never seen anyone do a 1pl8 ohp here though

Attached: 1536925896909.png (350x350, 207K)

This is accurate.

Weak, insecure, and constantly seeking validation. Public gyms are disgusting.

Watch out for the personal trainers with kids. They will agressively ask you to move from the equipment if you are using a marginal one.
Laughing with gymbros at sticc teens is the best part of routine desu.

What the fuck i go to the y and nobody fucking talks to each other

>Middle aged women and fat overweight old women doing jack shit and just talking
>Old men wearing tights
>15 year olds lin v-necks or tank tops posing
>Trainers and physiotherapists who yell at me for deadlifting and telling me to take off weight because they clank too much

I hate my fucking life, every gym in my area is like this, i even helped build a new one and it's the excact same thing. They even seperated an area for "bodybuilders" so they dont make others uncomfortable

Attached: 1445722183259.jpg (700x700, 68K)

Nevada

super shitty

Everyone minds their own business and gives neutral as fuck stares occasionally for some reason

my gym is 90% percent boomers and its awesome. the only music they play is ac/dc, van halen and other classic rock/metal stuff. sometimes the boomer black chad personal trainer will see me doing squats and give me the okay sign. there is another guy who works there with a swastika tattoo on his forearm. and just last monday this black chick who is also a boomer told me my squats were looking good and soon we'd be able to bounce a quarter off my ass. its weird but good. couldnt imagine having to go to a uni gym, they seem horrible

Attached: images.jpg (238x212, 8K)

My gym is ok. There’s a giant pack of Mexican senior citizens that go in the morning and use the machines incorrectly. Besides that there are a couple of gymthots and a few milfs that show up early and just do their workout and get out.

Attached: 7D74636E-F60B-47AF-BD3B-7A4D384CDCFF.jpg (540x800, 88K)

It's a uni gym so it's more or less full of weak as shit freshmen/physically unimpressive frat bros and the occasional trained individual

Wtf Uni do you go to. I'm at MSU and see 1 plate OHPs occasionally

>comfy
privately owned gym?

Attached: ECF62634-0C5C-4293-A74D-3E061CA0BA1A.jpg (702x562, 75K)

vegas or reno?

Attached: 1F3F19CB-15CE-4703-9027-398A3580952D.jpg (2048x1536, 1.15M)

yeah its not a franchise or chain type place. just a hole in the wall

In Japan right now.

At my uni's club gym you get the following:

>bench press (this one Japanese guy I know did almost 10 sets with +10 reps each).
>1/4 ROM squat, always with pad and belt, no matter how much weight. They often ego lift so they often can't complete even half of the normal ROM.
>Seated curls with 5kg dbs.
>Weights left everywhere, generally pretty messy, barbells are loaded, etc.
>No music which is a plus, and also they don't usually make any noise at all. They talk a lot though because they never come alone.

I would like to reiterate that I usually only see people doing BP, nothing else. For the entire hour or so I usually spend at the gym.

I don't know, its pretty normal

Australia.

It's a weird combo of very very approachable and friendly, but also intensely business like. Meaning if you don't need to talk to someone, you don't talk to them, but if you do need to talk to someone you're as nice as humanly possible.

Lot of boomers, lot of zoomers, lots lots of women, I haven't seen an obvious incel (outside of the mirror) at the Gym in the entire time I've been there.

0 thots that aren't there with their boyfriend (their boyfriend is on camera duty.)

haha amazing contribution to the discussion there guy

army, navy, airforce gym everyone is surprisingly chill, just stick to their own groups, wear shirts with their regiments on. Gym sets up competitions against each group, think navy has one the last few. It's cool to see super soldier looking specimens walking around 6'4 220lbs of muscle giving advice to people

Attached: IMG_2210.jpg (976x549, 181K)

I go to a small community gym. None of the fancy shit so it's mostly teenagers curling and old boomers not doing much of anything. But its still 24 hours so i usually have the place to myself even at like 8pm.

>0100-0300
>0-5 guys at the gym
>they're either getting off work or younger guys that don't wanna be around crowds
>everyone minds their own business and stays out of everyone else's way
>if there's even anyone else there when i am
>hot tub and pool are nice and empty so i can be naked in them

feels good man

I go to a smaller local gym in my downtown area that not many people seem to know about. Two squat racks, one incline bench, one regular bench, a large selection of free weights and dumbbells, and a whole lot of isolation machines. There's a cardio wing with about 12 treadmills, with lockers and changing rooms leading to a pool off to the side of that. There's also a small studio where they do aerobics and yoga.

There's a cute receptionist who always flirts with me (and probably everyone else under 40 who comes in, which isn't many) and a smoking hot yoga instructor who I've never talked to because she's always in a class with two or three older ladies whenever I'm there, and a chill old dude in his 60s who runs and manages the place. I think he was a former competitive body builder in his youth. The only people I ever see there are older folks, like 50+, in the treadmill wing walking and yelling at whatever cable news show is on, with only a single buff roidbro who comes in from time to time to use various isolation machines but otherwise says nothing. For the most part the place only has four or five other people there at any given time and almost none of them come to the weights section. It's very comfy.

I only incidentally found this place because of a Groupon deal several years back. Before that I had tried going to one of the more popular corporate gyms on the west end of the city and they were always full of dozens of grunting crossfitters, cardio milfs and wine aunts, and loud people in general. More eye candy, but that's not why I go to the gym. Uncomf.

No, I get you. My gym is the same way. Very cliquey. A lot of people laughing and socializing, maybe doing a set once every ten-minutes.

As much as I don't want them to talk to me it triggers my anxiety that none of them even attempt it.

>please don't talk to me
>why won't you talk to me?

I'm a massive faggot.

I go to a uni gym in USA The occupants are as follows
>Insta thots
Usually doing their 75 lbs, 3x20 1/3 ROM squats taking one of the 4 squat racks
>Curl Bros
Using the machines that don't work anything or standing 2 inches away from the mirror watching themselves curl
>Dyel asians
doing stupid meme lifts and moving in groups of 3
>The dudes who actually train
There are only 4 people I've ever seen squat over 350 and 2 people I've ever seen dead lift over 450.
And low and behold these are the ones doing actual compound lifts

Its pretty crazy. Everyone goes to the gym and works out you stupid fucking faggot

I feel this is the case exclusive to the US. Since most Americans women are either overweight or obese, the ones that are at normal weight are super stuck up and think they that they're hot shit. If you ever get a chance to go to Europe you will see that most of the women are alot nicer and easier to approach as oppose to America because girls that "hot" in America are normal in Europe.

Don't pretend like you eurolards are much better than fatmericans.

>When broken down, 58.6 percent of European adults are overweight and 23 percent are obese. In the Americas, 27 percent are obese.

No one speaks to each other. Everyone glances at eachother between sets though. If you speak to someone, they're friendly but not talkative. I've noticed this at every gym I've been to in my area.

My gym is right down the road from an army base so I just feel like an even bigger manlet than usual whenever I go there.

Everyone at my gym is pretty autismo in the sense that literally no one talks to anyone unless they already know each other.

Most people stare straight ahead and do their workouts.

High quantity of asians might explain it, but I am pretty much the same...and I don't even listen to music.

Some European countries are pretty low on the list for obesity per capita. Not everyone is as fat as the bongs.
iirc France is surprisingly low on the list for being a developed country.

>Tons of machines and dumbbells
>Hardcore powerlifting gym

Lots of banter between everyone, even strangers. Everyone has an inherent respect for anyone they see trying to actually improve themselves but will shit on any slackers or retards.

Make your deadlifts even louder and act like you can't hear them, have headphones in too and blast some heavy metal or whatever loud testosterone pumping music you can think of. Make sure to drop the barbell on the last reply so it's extra loud and intimidates anyone that tries to stop you.

>vaguely discussing their gym without any indication of where they live

>Greece
Uknowledgable normoids
Cardio normoids
Sweaty grunters
Roiders with attitude problems
Okay dudes who know meme routines

In the gym now. I'm hoping the good mental feels will return to me after a few days of feeling down

Based autismo content controller

Irvine california

Near minneapolis

forgot to include

mutt kids who somehow lift 2x than you depsite having no muscle

treadmill people only going like 4mph

the leg press is always empty

the benches are always occupied

all the girls there assume your gay because most of the guys are

Gym at my Canadian university
It's pretty alright. Everyone minds their own business, people have other things to worry about while in school. There isn't really a culture.
You're not allowed to wear sleeveless shirts though and there's a separate little space for women only thats covered with curtains

I go to a SEC school and ottermode dudes wear super baggy shirts that make them look skinnier lol

Polish gyms are roided Ultras training to fuck people up, actually quite based and skinny school kids curling. Homegym tho cause I'm scared of Ultras

I've just moved to another gym die to uni and it's insane. I went from probably bigger than 80% of people to something like 20%. This gym is full of monsters bencjing 4 plates and doing dumbbel exercises with 50kg ones, it's insane.

French user here. Gyms became popular approx. 10 years ago. Before then only roided up meatheads and athletes used them. The increasing racial tensions and lower socio-economic perspectives of Gen. Y and Gen. Z incited a lot of guys to get fit in order to attract preys and intimidate predators.

I train at home now but went to a normie gym for 6 months. Mostly women in their 20's and guys in their late 20's/early 30's, with the occasional ripped grandpa. I rarely saw people deadlifting, but lots of resistance cardio group classes.

France, south east, farmlands
In the collective class bullshit :
>pre-menopose women who are from regular and upper middle class
>late-20's women who are afraid of weight
>sometimes some middle aged upper class men who just started to gym
Weight area
>Teenager brospliting
>Bommer doing every broscience shit they could learn
>At least 2 roidmonkey per gym
>Arabs in groups ego lifting with extremely terrible form.
But everyone is either minding their own business, or being friendly and helpfull. 4years in and off differents gym, and never had any problem.
Also there's like 50% dyels, 30% skinnyfats, and the rest is good lifters and roidheads. Never saw a fattie inside.

Same exact gym but the owner doesn't mind me deadlifting.

>Russia, big city but not Moscow/Saint-P
Our gyms finally caught up on good gym trends. Large free weight zones, much smaller faggy machine zones. People caught up too, I rarely see someone doing dumb shit or good shit with bad technique. Most of the guys are buff and exercise properly. This was completely other way around 5 years ago, and I don't really know what caused this drastic change in everything, but I like it.

Underrated post

>uni gym in dublin
friendly atmosphere with lots of athletes moving big weight
>24hr cheapo gym in dublin
crowded as fuck with yuppies and insta thots. not as friendly an atmosphere

Attached: 1528734571147.jpg (749x784, 54K)

The very first post on the list you replied to literally said Eastern Kentucky.

Nobody smiles, lesbians shouting as they lift, muslim bullies and laughs if someone does something wrong but dont wanna help them nooo... -Norway oslo

Mass repliers will get the rope

There's 4 gyms within 10 miles of me, 2 are planet fitness, one is a golds gym, and the other is a local strongman gym, I go to the strongman gym, the people are nice, the owner is around and cool. Blasts heavy metal, open 24-7, what's not to love.

Also, in cabarrus county, NC

i am an autistic faglord and a tryhard beta
now what?

I lift on a military base somewhere is southwest Asia.

It's extremely chill, we have plenty of squat racks, and the Indian and African contractors aren't allowed in because it's where pilots and upper rank military exercise.

The other gym on base is a smelly shithole because the Africans and Indians treat it terribly and the staff give up 2 hours into their 12 hour shifts.

I lift in a small city/ big town in Central Alberta with a decent university population. That being said, I go to the ghetto-ish 24 hour gym rather than the uni gym because I do shift work. So my experience is more tailored to townies than university students.

Gym culture seems a lot more subdued than a few years ago. Most people in the gym, even bros, lift in tshirts and sweats as opposed to stringers and shorts. A lot of time is devoted to the big three, which is good, but not a lot of physical progress is made - the same people I've seen lifting two years ago are about the same size as they were back then.

There are eccentric characters, for sure. There's the local DARE officer who is jacked af and does nothing but meme exercises, such as supersetting four different machines or benching with a plate and 5 tens so he can do drop sets. There's the absolute milf who is dating another cop who's chill af. There's the local bodybuilder, a couple /leddit/ lifters, and a few groups of high school gym bros. A few girls here do heavy compounds, but most stick to machines or cardio in the girls-only section.

Overall everyone is typically nice and respectful. No one smells like shit, people wipe down machines, the only gripe is that plates are all over the place but that's the gyms fault for having a mishmash of second hand weights and not enough weight racks. Very "Average Joe's from Dodgeball" vibe in the best possible way, it's always nice to lift and chat with regulars.

Are you a UN peacekeeper?