Did I miss something? What is all this NPC shit?

Did I miss something? What is all this NPC shit?

Attached: [Mori] Iya na Kao Sare Nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai - 01 [WEB 540p][87A3BAA6].mkv_snapshot_04.44_[ (960x540, 264K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201111/thinking-without-words
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Newfags trying to be funny

the perspective seems very odd in that pic

She's meant to be looking down on you.

it's just a soft reboot of normie

doesn't really make sense since robots are more like npc's aka one dimensional characters that have no impact on the plot and only have about four or five lines of dialogue

right but the perspective of the room doesn't match. she'd have to be falling backwards at a 45 degree angle for the picture to make sense

also her head doesn't seem to match her body

/ic/ here

The angle of the torso does not match the angle of the pelvis you fucking faggot

That pose would technically be possible if she was laying down or something that made her body bend like that, but she cant be in that position standing up without any support

Now go back to grinding loomis and stop trying to be a smart ass

It's kusoanime for guys whose fetish is women giving disgusted angry looks at them while being forced to do lewd shit, and you're expecting quality artwork?

Attached: 1514858863276.png (615x319, 44K)

someone found a new name for philosophical zombies

why does everyone on /ic/ and /mu/ have cleft assholes? I don't even go on those boards and I have never encountered one of their lurkers in a good mood. even Jow Forums and Jow Forums are nicer than them.

It's another forced meme psyop

Yet another epin forced maymay XD

Or what happens when you niggers stopped whipping the newfags into line

/ic/s whole gimmick is to nitpick, what else would you expec

i though the whole NPC was already a meme why is it gaining this traction all the sudden?

An article was written recently (few days ago) that said must people don't think in words.

This.

Imagine for a moment you are at a beach but the water is purple. You are now a non-playable character if you didn't read that phrase aloud to yourself and instead imagined a beach with purple water, just like 8 people from a 30 people study at a large urban school.

>What is all this NPC shit?

CIA niggers

Jow Forumsyps found a new ebin meme

It's proof that the mainstream consists of nothing but culture vultures.

Shills trying to get someone to go off the rails, believe they're in a simulation, and kill a bunch of """NPCs"""

>both saw and heard the purple beach
What now

Psyop by edgy Discord users trying to convince robots most people they meet aren't real therefore it's okay to kill them in the hopes someone loses it and kills a bunch of people

Another epic meme from nu Jow Forums. It's yet another word of the week, anyone you previously called a basedboy for liking what you don't like is now an NPC

You just convinced me to spam this meme
We didn't have a serious happening in months, if not even years

newfag forced meme, like the boomer/zoomer shit
Why the fuck can't they make something original that's not a derivative of wojak?

Attached: 1531159852836.png (376x401, 46K)

people want to feel special without realizing that them not being npcs doesn't make them pcs, it makes them non existent in the story.

>you will never have a sexy anime maid lift up her dress to reveal her perfect lower body dressed in the sexiest lingerie just for her master(you)

Attached: 1531070321708.jpg (750x710, 64K)

I leave Jow Forums for 12 hours and some new meme shows up and explodes.

That article was written 7 years ago and it didn't say that, it said that most people aren't thinking in words at any one moment, not that they never do.

>xkcd
Say what you want, nobody can explain this yet

Attached: 1536338930906.jpg (931x486, 148K)

Some recent spam has been going about a single psychology study from I think 2011. I couldn't be bothered to look it up in it's entirety but the clickbait headline was posted as an image.

Essentially it was studying how people visualize things in their minds. Then a few anecdotal stories of people in some user fags class talking about "how cool it would be if we could still make pictures in our head like when we were kids" and the "that totally happened" IQ 1,000 user concluded that they were saying they could no longer imagine things.

From these spam posts Jow Forums came to the conclusion that something like 75 percent of people literally lack the ability to visualize situations and concepts in their heads and are thus essentially simply responding ad hoc to external stimuli like insects or reptiles and are thus not truly thinking but rather similar to NPC characters in an RPG that sinomy react to the stimuli of the only TRUE humans who have actual cognition.

Of course all of Jow Forums is naturally part of the only true Human race with cognition, that is part for the course.

It's called making shit up.

>We didn't have a serious happening in months, if not even years
There's been many shootings, don't you watch the news you fucking retard?

I can, that person was retarded. Maybe their retardation broke or something.

Or they are just making shit up to seem smarter. I mean, I know throughout my entire life I was never able to grasp theoretical physics. Then one day I started to realize that I should be thinking IN NUMBERS. I started forcing myself to think in numbers and suddenly I became a super genius! I could even levitate my body and other objects through the sheer power of my intellect! Also I got laid by like every woman I wanted all the time. Totally happened, for real bro.

Lowering the tech barriers and ease of access to the internet has really fucked with humanity.

>WAAAA I CAN'T HEAR YOU IT'S NOT TRUE
>meltdown.exe initiated

Nothing in it makes him seem smart, you must have worse reading comprehension than the poltards to believe that. He's saying he was subhuman before and now he's normal. Why would anyone ever lie and pretend that they were retarded in the past, but now they're just average

>there are actually people on this site who think that thinking in words means you are smarter

Boomer posting is dying down so it's time for the next psy-op

It originated here

That's not what it means, low level PC

Some retard is trying to equate a minor psychological study that reveals not everyone thinks with an inner monologue "talking to themselves all the time in their heads" with their own concocted NPC meme which is just another variation of this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie

However they failed to even grasp the point of the article which was about thinking methods, sub-vocalization "inner voice" is just one of a slew of thinking methods and others like primarily visual, or primary conceptual where there is no inner monologue going on in a person head all the time are also valid thinking methods that not everyone might have and therefore the experience is unknown to them

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201111/thinking-without-words

This is the second part of the article that was spread around here which explains it better

Attached: 1534014265620.png (448x373, 243K)

The study was hilariously flawed and you're a literal mental retard and an NPC if you quote it with any regard to it being credible.
They literally just sat in some people and said "when you hear the beep if you hear something in your head write that down". That was the experiment.

It's an original Shitty forced meme.

It's an ironic meme making fun of the "I got 130 IQ on an online test and that's why i suck at everything" type on Jow Forums
Someone brought up a study that states that geniuses think on a different level than people with average intelligence and thus can't relate to them. This is where the "I got a 140 IQ on the online test" type came in and said that this study is the justification for why have no social skills, and that everyone around them is just an "NPC" for not being as weird as them. This is where the "NPC" meme came from. It's just "tfw to intelligent" meme with a different take. Their posts are hilarious. You'll get the occasional "My life sucks so bad. People around me are boring. Nothing interests me in life. I'm just too intelligent to enjoy life" Even though they achieved nothing in their life.
But it's common for people with inferiority complex to feel superior to people whom they deem are beneath them

Attached: 1419878496940.gif (249x188, 821K)

more normie bullshit

you got everything wrong tho

I just made this pic to counter the misinformation spreading on this board, I don't care if its a meme or if its like flat earth faggots who genuinely believe the shit they are spewing just to feel superior to others, either way, misinformation is misinformation and only leads to confusion, and the proliferation of stupidity

Attached: dsfaasffdsfsdgsfs.png (1377x753, 83K)

NERD FAGGOT BOOOO

Attached: Hehehe.jpg (132x200, 4K)

whoopsie doopsie

>Months
No

I too think this is literally CIA nigger faggots doing. But I can't exactly pinpoint for what purpose, my theory is they're looking to spread the meme so people dehumanize each other. Divide and conquer in other words, they're preparing for something beyond meme politics, something big and life changing.

Attached: __kijin_seija_touhou_drawn_by_yamamomo_plank__4ac9a7c45474c3b5f22439dd8c5a4d8a.jpg (569x600, 55K)

I've noticed it has the markings of something manufactured, what with how quickly it was spread, and how there are wojak images specifically for the NPC meme already spreading too, it doesn't feel grassroots but it feels like an attempt at feeling grassroots and "natural".

Artificial forced meme, for some purpose or other

True, it was all so quick, not even 72hrs have passed and I already see it spammed to death on non english imageboards.

It saddens me that by this point the elites are fully aware of the power of memes, catching some blatant psyops doesnt mean people are impervious to others if they push the right buttons. Internet has become the new mind control program, TV 2.0

Attached: sassy cat picture 029.jpg (640x607, 84K)

>CIA are literally using memes to control population
what a time to be alive

Attached: TwUIrPbowW5tUIQlQrxbRyxgSOmospIWOEOPwKJFDAY.jpg (960x540, 108K)

Check this out too, I'm pretty sure I'm the person who the user that got the Psychology Today article, and misinterpreted its findings and used it to justify his NPC meme got it from

I posted it here, because it explained nicely how my conceptual thinking experience works, clearly some retard read the "lack inner voice" part and immediately assumed that also meant "lacked any self-awareness and higher thinking at all" and so the misinformation spread

Attached: 1535935296428.gif (520x520, 716K)

Ah no wait, got the wrong thread

This is it

I would assume almost everybody reads and visualizes it.

It doesn't helpt that so many people willingly subject themselves to the Information Bubble (im guilty of that too but I just can't stand the complexity of other sites relative to the simplicity of imageboards). Whether corporations facilitate the bubble for profit or to segregate and make controlling people easier is another story. Most likely it's both.

You wrote that post? Thanks for it, user. I read it yesterday and liked it so much that I screencapped it, in a way this constant monologue has become bothersome to me, mostly because I want to become a speed reader and not subvocalize non important stuff in my day to day.

Thanks, will give it a read.

Attached: 1536220156707.jpg (599x569, 73K)

I think training yourself to not use sub-vocalziation as much is possible, I'm not sure how one would go about it but maybe something like utilizing more self awareness when you think and noticing when you sub vocalize something that maybe there was an instant where you understood and comprehended the thought itself and the inner monologue followed it, so noticing those moments and then suppressing the following inner monologue so that just the conceptual thought alone can be "felt" or understood.

Whats interesting is that before I acquired the ability to sub-vocalize I was an avid speed reader, and now years later, I can't speed read as much, I find the urge to sub-vocalize very strong and very habitual now, sadly.

People develop an inner monologue from reading out loud. If you did not do a lot of reading out loud as a kid you would not have built these neural pathways and become accustomed to using it.

Hearing words and reading words light up two different neural structures in the brain associated with these activities. These two activated structures cause new activation thresholds to be passed through their related connections. The brain learns everything in a self-organizing way by simply strengthening the connections used and weakening the ones left unactivated, so this overlap activates new neurons seldom used and strengthens the connections to them which creates a memory. Memories are just the connections formed which allow a certain wave of thought to be generated from connected neural activity. After awhile these connections become so strong that when a person reads words it generates the thought of hearing the words spoken and an inner train of spoken thoughts can be formed with this abstraction.

Humans have the neuroplasticity to develop these skills as adults, particularly dumb people who have not yet created rigid repetitive structures in the brain. If you meditate you can further increase this neuroplasticity and become consciously aware of the deeper processes of the mind, enabling you to turn the inner monologue on or off as necessary and allow yourself to purely think tactilely or visually like these people who do not use an inner monologue. Tactile thinking is even more primal than visual thinking. With awareness of the mind's mechanics and some time spent developing pathways to control it you can teach yourself to think in new ways such as purely in music, equations, memes, metaphors, anything you want. You can learn to become a human calculator, count cards in poker, and do many incredible things. Modern education does not even explore 1% of our mind's capability. It has always been this way to keep the masses in a dumbed down unconscious state.

Attached: a39b987af94fe8dec076cfa57a9afe40.jpg (3358x6184, 1.07M)

Now what reason would a government agency or agencies have to further dehumanize us against our fellow man? Why would they want even more disconnect? Are we supposed to be the "vulnerable demographic" in all this yet again? It reminds me of those articles about terrorist recruitment groups preying specifically on isolated, angry young men online. It feels forced and inorganic.

Attached: BABBYFACE.jpg (1920x1080, 365K)

>develop an inner monologue from reading out loud. If you did not do a lot of reading out loud as a kid you would not have built these neural pathways
I never read out load as a kid because I'd get beaten by my parents and still developed an inner monologue. But I became a heavy daydreamer in my teens to early 20s, daydreaming often includes lots of made up dialogues in imaginary situations. I never read much as a kid because I preferred to play videogames, when I got my first computer I'd spend all day reading about random stuff, because I was so unfamiliar with so many things I tended to sub-vocalize what I did not understand well and read slowly.

English is not my first language though, that probably has to do something with it.

>Now what reason would a government agency or agencies have to further dehumanize us against our fellow man?
When shit hits the fan for real who are you going to trust more? Your so called npc neighbor and friends >inb4 implying friends, or Big Gov?

>Why would they want even more disconnect?
Atomized, easier to control populations, same reason the government and mass media now take care of your childs education. This goes a step further and implies others are not even human, before it was you cant rely on others for academical education, now its going to be you cant rely on others for human social needs. Well you can but not a deeper level.

Also less likehood of reaching out others for help (because theyre npc so they dont think like I do!) = higher rate of mental illness = more pills = more profits for Big Pharma

>Are we supposed to be the "vulnerable demographic" in all this yet again?
I guess so, instilling a victim complex in people makes them an easier target for the game of You have a problem (That (((I))) created)? Well I happen to have the solution pls vote for me!