What does Jow Forums think about Firas Zahabi?

youtube.com/watch?v=_fbCcWyYthQ

What does Jow Forums think about Firas Zahabi?
>train every day
>avoid maxing out
>if you are sore you did something wrong

Attached: firas.jpg (301x167, 7K)

He's a crossfitter so....lol?

You need to realize here that he isn't training for strength or size, he's training to support MMA. It's a good way to train for those purposes, but for people here on Jow Forums whom the gym is the main course instead of a side-dish, I wouldn't recommend it

He's not a crossfitter, he says in the video.

Joe Rogan more like Joe rogaine amirite?

Or you know you could lift heavy and hard for few days and have fun for the rest of the weekend

Was just going to post this. Probably trains mostly for endurance. If you're a fighter who fights in a weight class the last thing you want is to put on weight. And I've noticed the trend if you want to do really well in MMA is to get to as low of a weight class as your frame can handle and just kick short guys in the face.

Following his advice, you will never reach point during any of your sessions where your body feels the need for a strength adaptation, whether that be neurological or hypertrophic. It might have merit if you are training a skill or technique.

Imagine looking like this

Attached: 5UdDbl5.png (664x578, 464K)

not just that but the bit where he talks about MMA training sessions
>come in and do 3 rounds 5 days a week
>vs busting your ass killing yourself 2-3 times a week
>in the end one of you was able to train a lot more
it clearly translates to people training a skill-set that's physically demanding, you need to be able to train it in sufficient volume to get better without taxing your body to the point you can't do that

I mean the stuff about almost never maxing is what Pavel Tsatsouline recommends.
I've seen him on several places (leddit, interviews and sherdog) say that he's against extracurricular endurance training.Not sure I entirely agree with that but it seems like plenty of TriStar fighters do enough of their own S&C that he's not a Nazi about it.

>don't push yourself because that means you get tired

Attached: 1538083556653.jpg (225x224, 5K)

The point is you shouldn't be maxing out every workout. Notice he never says to not max out, if you actually listen, but that you should plan and work up to a max out time.

I agree 100%. No one in any sport, even weightlfting, trains at their max every time, because it's just not efficient.

>been lifting for 6 months
>look bigger than him

Wow... So this is the power of crossfit huh

He's not a crossfitter, he's against crossfit

>he doesn’t train his inner chakra instead

Attached: 3DC72226-FD76-4BBC-9162-B69C89F85C99.jpg (664x1203, 185K)

Nothing makes me laugh more than people who lift 3 times a week for a year or two think they know anything about what it takes to train as an elite athlete in ANY field.

This is basic common sense in virtually all European training paradigms for training of weightlifters etc. developed after like 1970, this is only a controversial opinion in America, land of broscience.

he's not talking about working out for hypertrophy

he's talking about training for mma or any skill, what you need to learn skills is just pure volume

And even then actual professionals in the US train daily like he said

Yes.
You are just tiring yourself out, setting yourself up for injury, and slowing progress.
Remember, novel stimulus effect only works for so long. Beginner gains stop.
Then you have to train organically with your body or risk snapping your shit up.

We all don't do steroids or have 1 in a billion genetics that allows for this.
Ronnie Coleman did and even with the obscene amounts of gear his work capacity and recovery time was ridiculous. Look at him now.

Training but not annihilating is key to life long gains and minimal if any injuries.
Sure the occasional balls to her clit slam session will do you some good and get you ridiculous gains. But if all of your training sessions are slam sessions then you're going to end up sore burnt out and broken.

Believe me.

>he's not talking about working out for hypertrophy

Yeah, but when it comes to natural training for hypertrophy and strength, he's still correct.

> getting tired and pushing yourself is the same as seriously injuring yourself

Attached: 1539614383461.jpg (580x200, 72K)

Green text in hopes of making me foolish, but only reveal to anyone with any amount of athletic background how little you actually know.

Yet another retarded yet thinks he's woke MMA guy. His whole Rogan appearance was cringeworthy.

Why would I listen to a paki?

Based Dr Pavel has been doing this for years, Google Greasing the Groove, or frequency training.

Attached: 51wb9n9P1hL._SX363_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (365x499, 49K)

this is so retarded.

fuck, is he canadian?

ok I just commented but i think that there is something ebhind the idea of - "train hard - but not so hard that you can't train tomorrow," but weightlifting you kind of have to find your limits because you don't know them, so implementing this would be hella hard.

1. he looks like shit, why would you take advice from him
2. he is talking about endurance and Olympic wrestling. This doesn't apply to bodybuilding.

Coach Zahabi is undeniably one of the best MMA coaches ever. He trains GSP (GOAT) as well as Rory Macdonald (still don't understand why he took the Mousasi fight.. is he potentially THAT good?). Also he's an excellent grappler.
If he says that training regimen is the best for MMA, it probably is. GSP fought a 5 round war with Nick Diaz- a fucker who's durable as fuck and runs triathlons for fun. Rory has cardio for days.

Explain.

Yeah, and that takes all of a week.
From there you can sort of feel it out.
PRs are not and never will be needed to get stronger and fit. It's just pointless ego stroke and showmanship.

This is the essence of submaximal training and is basically the foundation for every good program

If you're maxing every day you're simply doing it wrong, because as explained in the video, you can't go 100% every day. It's not your 100% anymore.

the principle to avoid maxing out every in every session is correct and it can be applied to the gym, avoiding being sore is a bit exaggerated because if you are a beginner/intermediate progress would be too slow

I think that his methods are effective for very skill heavy sports such as wrestling and MMA.
I do not think that sub maximal training is necessarily the most effective way to develop general (much less limit) strength or to promote hypertrophy

Well, yeah.
He's not talking about beginners.
He's talking about lifers.
Advanced trainee's and athlete's and just physically fit people who organically train and keep active every day.
Novel stimulus and beginner gains only work for so long. The whole "hit your natural limit" thing is absolute bullshit.
They mean the easy gains you got when you first started is over and you really should get on gear.
Which is bullshit and designed to push the crippled fantasy of fitness and athletic ability and life long strength and fitness that has been twisted by those who need money and power.

And let's face it. There's no rush to get as "strong" and "swole" as soon as possible.
No rush at all.
And it sets up terrible expectations for stupid people who want to play at being tuff alpha males and the like.

Literally every MMA fighter looks just as shitty. Granted they'd still kick my ass but they almost always look dyel or worse

>Why would you take advice from him?

His star pupil is one of the GOATs of fighting.

> fart ass around in the gym like a fairy
> get into fight in mma and punched hard and you shit your pants turtle up and stick your booty in the air as a sign of submission
iron sharpens iron my gay friend

dude looks like shit so are you really gonna take his advice?

The guy is v smart. MMA is a technique game as well if you can max the amount of the time that you get to practise your techniques it's for the best. Rolling in BJJ isn't horrifically taxing Sparring isn't too bad, they tire you out but not in a way that you can't train the next day if you're doing it to a certain level

It's not really "if you're sore" it's more if you can't move your muscles the next day you kind of overdid it. I tend to do the hot/cold treatment thing after hard workouts to make sure the next day I'm good to go.

Firas Zahabi is a LEGENDARY MMA Coach. He coaches MMA legends. He doesn't coach fat neckbeards that want to get laid. Follow his advice if you do any martial arts. His 70% workout advice is for professional martial artists.

This is for your average person, look the way he talks about soreness. Your average gym goer indeed doesn't do well against soreness, let alone struggle while lifting or even real pain. Disregard his opinion it is just to get people into lifting.

Yeah, he trains GSP. His BJJ is really good.

At 6:31, Joe mentions Dan Gable and how hard he trained.

I want to add that Dan Gable is HUGE on getting recovery after hard workouts. That recovery regimen was what allowed Dan Gable to train as hard as he did.

hes not a strength and conditioning coach for getting bigger, he's for making guys twink weights
its doesn't apply to you if you want to look like you lift and not make a 140lb weight class