/PLG/ powerlifting general

Before you ask your retarded question about what program you should run, make sure to read below. This was polled by the 30 strongest users in PLG on what they deem to be acceptable or great programs. Novice programs aren’t included as you shouldn’t be focusing on powerlifts as a novice.

There aren’t too many universally accepted programs, however, the go to recommended program is running PH3. Voting was almost unanimous. Once you complete the cycle, feel free to start back to week 1 as this week is relatively easy and acts as a deload. You can typically run this program at mid to late intermediate, all the way into advanced and elite levels of strength. The good thing about this program is you can run it for years without stalling. It simply works. Available for download here. dropbox.com/s/ibp3e6w9vzkrvc9/Ph3 Programming (As of 4-7-2016).xlsx?dl=0

Smolov is another program that can do wonders for your gains. It came second for the top ranked PLG program.

Third ranked program is Canditos squat program. Available for download here. canditotraininghq.com/app/download/964456972/Candito-9-Week-Squat-Program.xlsx

Attached: 6B157B6C-28C5-45FA-B207-B3FF4CDBB399.png (1267x785, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h9Fs3SqOwQ8
adidas.com/us/adipower-weightlifting-shoes/DA9874.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hey look, the cripple posted his cripple-pasta to try to make more people crippled like him

stop posting this retarded bs

First for Isley is a googley eyed bastard failure

Hey, I was born in wedlock

Bye bye miss American pie
Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry

hahah will I fuck my shit up if I follow this advice?

Reminder that sean is EXTREMELY STRONG (3/2/4) compared to PLG.

Attached: Transherniated.png (600x642, 187K)

this obsession with me isn't healthy kek

i don't even know what a levee is so take that loser

Neither is your spine, drinking habit, or lack of sexual intercourse.

post physique again so i can laugh

Look in the mirror and get the same reaction.

POST PHYSIQUE
O
S
T

P
H
Y
S
I
Q
U
E

link to the kids yt channel?

Uhh just look in the archive

Physique isn't relevant in powerlifting. Post Squat video

No, post it now so i can laugh
are u insecure
dont be insecure about skinnyfat physiq

>Physique isn't relevant in powerlifting. Post Squat video

Attached: grabb i fedora 33.jpg (512x577, 21K)

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me. Now post your squat, bench or deadlift.

Stop arguing with this retard. You should know better by know.

post physique little boy

Attached: 2.png (491x499, 639K)

I through logic out the window when drinking

You first

*mogs you*
heh nothing personell fattie

Attached: DSC_2019.jpg (640x1136, 149K)

You are to twink Alex as twink Alex is to me. Lmao

No offense but you look like a teenage ninja mutant turtle

wow you are a cutie uwu

what THE FUCK did you just say to me

shut up Donatello

yes i am sculptured greek

>Not Rafaello
Missed out on a double whammy

No offense but I'd fuck you.

FUCK

>Novice programs aren’t included as you shouldn’t be focusing on powerlifts as a novice.

what did he mean by this? what the hell would a novice do if not SBD?

He is stacking fridge only with Polynesian diet foodz: fish, seaweed, coconut oil and flesh, pineapple, taro on heavy lifting days, "long pig" on special occasion

Attached: DbewUPZUQAAOBjd.jpg (553x636, 58K)

powerlifter will never have this

Attached: Snapchat-1634531067.jpg (1920x1080, 527K)

smol benis?

Shit arms, shit everything, chest still looks better than mine.

Fuck pec insertions. Sandow mode is better anyway

post physiqu faggot

Attached: groda2.png (600x569, 74K)

I'm a virgin and proud

>Stop arguing with this retard. You should know better by know.
What sean says when hes being bullied.

No bully pls

Attached: IMG_20181016_235548.jpg (1944x2592, 1.17M)

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1533605871517.jpg (400x499, 20K)

Neither is your bag of pudding physique

Holy heck I am disposing a whole fucking load of Norman khan into the toilet again

What I’m eating recently Iis causing me to excrete massive amounts of Norman khan lmao it’s rather stinky too I’m gonna give it a 6.5/10 on the stink factor

When I began lifting many many years ago, I got this funny little feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I knew I had to go lift heavy. Eventually I overcame this feeling, and lifting became passive.

Well recently I've upped the seriousness in my training, getting back on track these past few months and I've noticed its come back.

For some reason whenever I know I have to go lift tomorrow, or in a few hours, I begin to feel kinda sick and anxious.

What the heck is this about tbH?

Sweet baby jesus! Are you natty!?

i'd suck this little twink's nipples

i was suspicious that i'm fucking up my bloatmaxx after two bad squat days, but today i had a neat little bench PR, 2pl8x10. mayb i have to sleep more but i'll watch my calories anyway

i liek this blog. i used to get it every time i had to squat

I used to have this too. Belly butterflies, tickles, a cold feeling, weak knees, call it whatever you want. The fact is, after I started doing PH3 it faded away. A good program should take the psychological aspect of the athlete in consideration as it does with the physiological.
Now I don't feel anything in my belly or legs before lifting anymore. I recommend you try it too.

can you guys help? Ive been dealing with this pain in my knee for sometime now.

Pic related is where its at. Im not sure if its tendonitis im just really scared ive incurred some ligament damage. It hurts when i sit into a deep squat and if im sitting in a chair and squat up out of the chair by putting pressure on my toes. The pain kinda radiates down through the front of my shin too.

It also hurts when i sit in a straddle position or if i pull my leg back standing up like I was going to do a single leg quad stretch. Should I get it checked out?

im really concerned it might be a miniscus tear but all of the symptoms of a meniscus tear i dont think i have (I can fully extend my knee without pain)

Attached: knie-popliteus-tendinitis.png (222x222, 56K)

>Should I get it checked out?
Doctors are just glorified mechanics desu.

please help me

hehe

Yeah you retarded fuck. You should be very concerned about your body and go to the doctor at any signal of malfunctioning.
Unless you want to end up in a wheel chair like the Retarded Lifting Enthusiast.

Shit I forgot to post I want to die for a while now

I've been posting every now and then too. Did you want to die so hard that you forgot or you were actually happy for a while?

Does your knee pop with some brief but sudden pain from time to time with it?

You know what? I have no idea. Regardless never steal my meme again pebble head

yep a doctor will magically twirl his wand and heal you

or tell you to stop lifting and take these ibuprofens

Please also report on how the doctor was completely useless after you go

youtube.com/watch?v=h9Fs3SqOwQ8

Wtf this talent chad got 470lbs squat only in 7 months while doing stronglifts 5x5 wtf?

was sean always this much of a faggot or did the broken spine make him this way

he was always like this

natural talent is literally everything in powermemeing

doesn't matter how hard you work or how consistent you are people like frog and that 765x3 deadlift kid will lift more in a year fucking around than you will in a lifetime

for every talentchad there's a 1000 GDEs

"GDE"s in /plg/ aren't even GDEs, they're people with above average or at least average response to training

the true GDEs are not in this thread they got literally no gains at all running novice programs and quit lifting

I’ve been training for 6 years and have spent grueling hours in my basement on copious amounts of stimulants perfecting my personal form drenched in sweat. I definitely didn’t just step up to the bar and start lifting heavy because I started off at 120lbs, 5’8” at 12 years old. Before all of that I wrestled and was in swimming year round since I was 6 years old. I have scoliosis, overpronation, uneven leg length and my sciatica has been tormenting me. I may have a natural talent at sumo but I definitely put in a lot of work.

i wish i had started pursuing sports earlier, but i was a stupid kid and had parents that never really pushed me to do anything athletic

i started fairly late and everyone always reminds me of that

>after you go
When did you go to the doctor?

If I have kids, I’ll definitely have them in sports from a young age but not some gay shit like long distance running. Sprinting, swimming, wrestling, etc.

Attached: 1538799602036.webm (1080x1080, 2.63M)

OwO what's this

verbatim quote
>I'd very much like to powerlift but I wasted my noob gains on a hypertrophy program, now if I want to lift for strength I have an unfair disadvantage in comparison to people who put theirs into a strength program, so why even try
I love my brother but sometimes I wish I had absorbed him in the womb

Attached: 1523238039522.png (352x482, 27K)

who is she

He's right though. Its extremely hard to get on strength training if you never done it. If anything ss teaches you is how to try hard and give it all. Bodybuilding is extremely easy most of the work happens outside the gym, but at the gym all you need to do is hit a few exercises. Kinda like imagine average powerlifting program but without main lifts just accessories.

?

I see your point but a) we're talking about someone who spent eight months brosplitting 3x12 here, not someone who was a physique competitor for years and b) the whole "I would love to do it but I didn't start out perfectly right so why even try at all" mindset is defeatist as fuck, do you think everybody ITT did 3x5 squats and bench the very first time they set foot in a gym?

the argument that noob gains aren't some magical timeframe you can NEVER EVER catch up to later notwithstanding

Well yeah agree with that his mindset is retarded, but as someone who did brosplits for 3 years it really took a long fucking time to adjust to proper strength training. Especially squats are the worst when you only squat once a week you tend to learn a god awful form which then takes months to adjust. This is why many bros bench more than they squat, because even if they have strong legs from all the machines they just never learned how to squat properly.

we're both right here essentially, but bottom line is, my bro has no business being jelly of my lifts if he doesn't want to put in the same effort I did and rather blame his wasted noob gains. I got my uncle to squat 2.5pl8 at age 58, I could see a fairly high test 25yr old do double that with enough training

Velcro strap is loosing up while squatting. What to do?

Attached: 38391599-46BB-4B8B-BF9D-05DB7FC91C4C.png (755x483, 527K)

buy new shoes lmao.
Jow Forums is really full of retards sometimes

These are the people running their mouth here? I bet you total less than 600kg

These charts look fucking great!
But how the f could I manage 5 days of going to the gym?
3 is my absolute max when it comes to free time

Which one should I get? I've only used these for 2-3 years.

I bet its less than 400kgs he looks like he started lifting 2 months ago

Ignore it? I dont even do them up

I thought you dont even use squat shoes?

I'm weak off the chest on bench.

Is it okay to do 1/4th reps off my chest until I'm finally strong at it?

Just do pause reps and dumbbell bench you mongo

I am splurting out some Norman khan into the toilet as I type this

>WAWTT

5th set blog
Macrocycle 2, Microcycle 3
Bench Press

Bench 4x2@275 +amrap 8 reps
Incline 3x10@155
Barbell Row 5x8@165
Lateral Raise 2x15ea
Rear Raise 2x15ea

*Everything felt light, but amraps on bench are a bitch. There is no grind, it's up or not.

2 months until meet.

/blog

Attached: j3m4hfwbvzi11.jpg (1079x1338, 756K)

You forgot big tiddy goth. I literally only come to this threads for your posts.

Fixed 4u

Attached: Bgtddy437.jpg (1052x1488, 657K)

Nvm you redeemed yourself

clean both surfaces with warm water and a brush with somewhat hard bristles, let air dry.

I haven't touched my dick in 8 whole hours
Something needs to be done about this

My ankle joint doesnt have the movement in it to be able to squat without them. I found that out the hard way and damaged my acl

I've been using pic related from 2013. And they are still as good as new. Only problem that they are not "true" squatting shoes, but rather something in between.
Nevertheless, they did the job.
But I will be getting myself the new adipowers for Christmas. Tried them on and it's night and day when it comes to stability.
So yea, I would recommend them

adidas.com/us/adipower-weightlifting-shoes/DA9874.html

forgot the pic

Attached: Q33821-2.jpg (800x529, 246K)

i told you that you shouldnt squat in flats

not every good squatter uses them but that doesnt mean that the're not useful