Anyone else here starting to hate vidya games? I just cant get in to them like I used to...

Anyone else here starting to hate vidya games? I just cant get in to them like I used to, and anytime I play I get this nagging feeling like I should be doing something else.

Attached: A2FC58DF-F584-490D-86D5-F3AE60BA1C3C.jpg (527x352, 14K)

I'm going through that right now. Hopefully rdr2 will bring back that love of games

Same here.
I think we might have grown up

Attached: efa244c1d339ce525e03e032f6946c6a1513971143_large.png (200x200, 56K)

It's not that I 'hate' video games, it's just that I cannot enjoy video games as much as I used to. I've felt this way for like 5 years though. Nothing's really been the same after that existential crisis.

Feel the same,bought a switch a year ago or so and i enjoy BotW for a while because of the atmosphere and such but suddenly had no interest and didnt finished it.

Bayonetta 2 was meh and i had played over 100h on ps3 on the one and i just finished it on normal on switch and that was it.
Even the dark souls series i barely enjoyed and while bloodborne was sick lore/atmosphere-wise and good gameplay but i still cant focus on it and sold my ps4....

Attached: received_10156330875968069.png (640x480, 311K)

I used to feel like that when I was around 19. Then around 22 or so I got back into gaming and never looked back. I never feel like it's a waste of my time. I almost always enjoy it and end up being happier and more productive after a gaming session.

I pretty much just play retro games, for whatever that's worth. The most recent game I played was a flash version of Five Nights at Freddy's and I couldn't really get into it.

>that existential crisis
look, this noob's only had one existential crisis in five years! whatta guy!

Attached: cheekmush.jpg (307x485, 39K)

They just can't hold my attention any more. The last time I really got wrapped up in a game was emulating the Mother series like 4 years ago. Now I can't even be fucked to finish Persona 4 much less newer games

BotW was overrated anyways

how old are you mate? im getting the same feeling i feel like all games are so fucking shit right now and there isnt any thing that is actualy decent enough to warrenty spending time on

I mostly quit playing games, but maybe once a year I'll play one, and it's a lot more exciting. I recommend it

I seriously don't understand how anyone could like video games past the age of 18.
Even my real life friends still like them and they're all around 20. They'd rather play with pixels on a screen than go hiking or do literally anything else. It's infuriating because then they make fun of me for not wanting to join in, and on the rare occasions that I get to pick what we do, they either pussy out halfway through or just complain.

Attached: 1517620244193.gif (320x286, 840K)

I'm too stupid to do anything else that's interesting.

you sound like a whole lot of fun. it's ironic how you whine about your friends. while completely ignoring what they like.

I dont play many, and I finish even fewer. I got plenty of other shit on my plate, and besides new movies are almost always cheaper than new games.

That being said, I did pick up Insomniacs new Spider-Man, and that shits actually super fucking fun.

There are a thousand other things to do in this world with friends other than play video games. Yet practically everytime I see them, that's what we do.
Do you consider that fun? Because it's not. It would be fun if it was less than 95% of the time we spent together.

Just get new friends, honestly. Had a friend who just wanted to sit inside and game all day, so I stopped hanging out with him

then don;t see those friends.

Hang around new people, because those "no-life" video game friends you have will never change.

>new movies
You can watch them all for free and honestly they all suck ass nowadays.

31 here. Enjoyable games are few and far between for me. 2006-2010 were great years and I missed out on a lot due to shit hardware.

>you sound like a whole lot of fun
literal NPC phrase. Fuck off back to reddirt

>Anyone else here starting to hate vidya games?

Felt that way for years, because the multiplayer games now are severe money grabbing pieces of shit. It has always been like that to a point, but now it is just pathetic, which turns me off to playing them.

Single player games I find pointless, so I don't even bother. I need the feeling of dominating other actual players not NPC's, because without that I get bored quickly with video games. Plus nowadays most people don't even want to try at any online game you play and they just troll worse than ever before, so to me it is like what is the point in even playing anymore?

Yeah, me. I play every now and then, in thirty minute increments. But I don't feel that enthusiasm for the games as I did when I was young and would play for hours or stay up all night, or defy my parents to play even when they not to.

Mostly they feel like a chore: they don't really hold my attention for too long.

>literal NPC phrase. Fuck off back to reddirt
literal NPC phrase. Fuck off back to reddirt

t.25 year old who still plays games meant for children

Let me guess, you're one of those faggots that puts down 'video-games' when asked if he has a hobby?

Attached: 1441343842947.jpg (551x600, 107K)

I've been trying to play through the mother games for years but i feel like it's hard when you work regularly and wanna drink and do shit outside to set aside regular time to play video games. it's so low on my priority list that it almost always gets out ranked

never had a problem being into them though, for me it's just a timing thing. like I've been playing dark souls 2 for 2-3 years now, just playing an hour here and there every few months, and i like it, and somehow can always get immediately back into it (maybe that's a sign of good intuitive controls)

I had a part time job last summer that netted me about $900 which I spend mostly on vidya games. Problem is I'm such an impulsive tard that has to buy everything that's mildly interesting. I've probably bought about 20 or so games in the last month, and have barely reached the halfway point on three. I can't do it, anons. I need a better hobby.

No matter what hobby you spend your time on it sounds like you will blow through money on it without even thinking like an impulsive tard (like you stated).

Learn to control your spending, then look into a better hobby or keep the same one.

quite the opposite, for the first time in years i have too many games i want to play and not enough time

Ive seen a few recently that were pretty fun. Searching was fucking excellent.

It is pretty time consuming due to the nature of the game, really more NEET friendly and rewarding to complete in as few sittings as possible. If you ever have a vacation or sick leave I'd reccomend firing them up then, there really is no other RPG like them

Oh definitely, started for me about 3 years ago. I can play them for like an hour but then I start to feel like I should be doing something actually productive.

is that motherfucking MC Ride from Death Grips?