Why is the barbell superior to machines? Like why are barbell squats better than pic related?

why is the barbell superior to machines? Like why are barbell squats better than pic related?

Attached: 56_1.jpg (275x275, 25K)

Machines aren't full effect.
Stabilizer muscles aren't engaged

There's a gorillion Youtube videos explaining why
This is a QTDDTOT post, if that

Today I fucked up on bench when I lost balance and the weight started falling not down but forwards. I could trick myself into thinking I was strong enough by doing that weight on the smith machine, but that wouldn't be true. I was too weak for that weight because I couldn't keep it stable. If you just use machines then this is what will inevitably happen when you try to do the same weight with barbells. Don't ignore your stabilizer muscles or you'll be a glass cannon.

also forgot to include that the same weight done on a machine will always look more alpha when done free weights

I sabotage machines in every gym I walk into. Fuck machine users.

based

because machines are more prone to injuries and don't work necessary muscles

webm related

Attached: 1525000929614.webm (264x480, 2.74M)

you can also do this squatting. also drop the bar on your chest when benching as opposed to safely letting go with a chest press machine, etc

holy shit but thats what he gets for doing those 1/1024th reps

Idk if I’m doing it wrong or maybe I’m not built for it but those machines I can actually feel the strain on my patellears even with no weight they scare the fuck out of me. I can squat 4pl8 so my legs aren’t super weak

OH NONONONONONONONO

every single time I see a leg press webm I get nervous

>stabilizer muscles aren't engaged

You don't even know what stabilizer muscles are. They're not some magical muscle that is only used when doing your functional strength SS lifts. It's nothing but the muscle at the opposite end of the joint isometrically contracting against the force of the muscle used in the movement to keep the joint in place, thus stabilizing it. You always use stabilizer muscles.

The real reason is that they promote imbalances and force specific range of motions that don't take your specific anatomy into account like free weights would.

first of all I'm not watching any webm that has to do with leg press, so idk what happens there. Secondly I think very rare tragic type injuries are being discussed but most injuries in t he gym are gradual and unnoticed right away. Barbell allows for natural movements while most machines force the body into an unnatural movement. This will lead to said gradual injuries

They arent better. Both have their place in that they allow you to challenge the muscle in multiple ways.

watch it ppppppp

squatting you can just drop the behind you with ease, and even if it falls ontop of you as you fall down you most likely can fit undernearth the bar with a pl8 on each side.

With bench you just use safety bars if it falls nothing happens. If a machine fails you seriously injure yourself

>also drop the bar on your chest when benching as opposed to safely letting go with a chest press machine
bench in the power rack

also stabilizer muscles aren't engaged.

It requires balance and coordination to squat. This just requires you to not lock out too hard with a heavy load so you don't break your knees

But his awmonds..

His awmonds are activated

its not a meme u autist redditor get the fuck off my board I can see ur dyel body thru ur webcam