If every muscle can be hit twice a week?

If every muscle can be hit twice a week?

Why isnt everyone on a PPLx2 routine?

Attached: cinderblocks.jpg (256x197, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rohitnair.net/pp/#muscle_gain/aesthetics/whole_body
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Time, motivation.

because you can be in a LU-LU routine

Everyone that knows what they’re doing is on PPLx2

Attached: 25BA8EF4-3B6C-4427-AABB-5B7FED43B59C.jpg (500x500, 41K)

i dont know man, sounds like too much volume

If it is too much volume for you, do pplxpplx - that's what I do

why not do a 3x UL or full body program?

my gym is not open on sundays
also i already tried doing ppl and it just stalls your gains, i cant really believe anyone throwing around a nice amount of weight does this routine or
"3x ul"

nigga u best not be on that brosplit

I don't even have a fucking routine. Just do arms/chest/delts one day and nothing but squats and deadlifts every day for 6 days a week, 1.5 hrs a workout.

upper/lower master race gramps

Why the fuck would you think a muscle can only be hit twice a week? Brosplitters are fucking retards.

Pplx2 is too much to train with much intensity and make meaningful gains. At least for me personally I've had the most success on a PHUL

also this, some muscles can be hit everyday

Not him but don't muscles need time to heal?

which ones?
forearms, traps and calves?

>Why isnt everyone on a PPLx2 routine?
There are multiple ways to go about hitting muscle groups twice a week, PPLx2 is just one of them.

Just like there are multiple ways to kill yourself. Poisoning, hanging from a noose, drowning, cleaning your ears with a bullet, pick whichever you fancy the most.

the idea is that some muscles dont get hit too hard when you train them, so they dont need to "heal" like you read
yeah i always think about side delts when i think about this, you could train them everyday, but i guess also forearms, calves.
Traps im not sure, they should recover but most people use a lot of weight in order to train them.
mike israetel talks a bit about this, only tried it with biceps and delts so far
this is also true, sperging about the "best routine" is silly
but if there is one its LU-LU with added cardio day, biceps and delts everyday

>edgy comparison to make it sound like its a stupid idea

Fuck up idiot

it's a little complex because not all muscles heal at same speed but for most intent and purposes if you are fresh enough to perform the reps/sets you can consider yourself "healed". Waiting one more day to heal thus reducing total weekly volume just so you can be extra fresh and eek out 1 or 2 more reps in a workout is not even close to a good tradeoff

3x UL masterrace checking in

There are two answers. One is, of course, Recovery.

If you are just bodybuilding, more power to you. Volume the hell out of it.

Two is your joints. I was doing shoulders twice a week for roughly six weeks and have surmised, it's too much on the joints. Day 1 shoulders was heavy OHP, etc. Day 2 of shoulders later that week was all volume work.

After a time, it was too much. Other parts seemed to handle it okay it was the shoulders that were aching all the time.

I’m currently doing a PPLPPLxx and it’s been working well for a month now. Seeing a lot of gains compared to just 5x5 MWF. Doing a lot more isolations now as well. I’ll probably keep this up through fall time and maybe go back to strength training for winter

Even on a single person, not every muscle has the same recovery time. PPLx2 is easy to follow if you can recover fine, that's why I do it, but for someone that can't (or has the time/resources/flexibility to optimize even more), routines that give different recovery periods for different lifts/muscle groups would make more sense.

Side note, I'm a dyel on the leddit linear progression ppl, so my opinion doesn't matter, but what's the best ppl for muh aesthetics?

Can someone share a good PPLx2 routine?

I've done ohp and bench 3x a week for a lot longer than 6 weeks

nah but heres my shitty newb routine, please roast me:

push1
bench press 4x8
DB OHP 4x12
military press 4x8
weighted dips 4x8

pull1
barbell curls 4x8
armpit row 4x12
bent over row 4x8
shrugs 4x8

leg1
front squat 4x5
DL 4x5
weighted calf raises 4x12
weighted depth jump 4x12

push2
pushups 4x to failure
bench press 4x8
crunches 4x to failure
weighted dips 4x12

pull2
bent over row 4x8
DB pullover 4x8
hammer curls 4x12
renegade row 4x8

leg2
front squat 4x5
DB side lunges 4x8
DL 4x5
weighted leg raises 4x8

haven't been keeping up with exact progressions, I'm at something like .5/.75/1/1.1 but I don't test my 1RM very often, s'bad for ya

> Ohp and military press
> Nothing in a strength set x rep range
> Doing curls before rows
> Pushups
> Crunches in the middle of push day

Stop making retarded routines by yourself and get on a real one. I suggest either coolcicada PPL or Reddit PPL

how is any exercise "before" another if you're doing them all multiple times? technically after the first set they are all both before and after each other.

I do ohp and lateral raises 3x a week no problemo.

>user, the facepulls...

Attached: 6ACBA8DA-9F2B-4EB1-A5B6-812018E652EE.png (1002x685, 1.06M)

I'm I've doing Coolcicada's PPL routine for about 3 weeks now, how long until I switch programs?

Wait until you hit big boy weights.

Yet the majority of people that look good are on brosplits.

Who is this? Please stop calling my number

Attached: 1528360190263.jpg (406x488, 50K)

Quick question do you guys do a lot of volume with PPL? I've been doing PPL for 4 months and doing about 5x10 for most exercises. It leaves me fatigued everyday but I push through it but end up getting slightly injured (not bad form just muscle strains and stuff). What do you guys do to get around this?

>3 valid criticisms, a technicality and your opinion on pushups
I was hoping to be called out on the crossfit stuff though
and I'll swap programs when I start to plateau, still making good progress

Becuase your muscles work together, not individually

Deadlift works your back and legs
Squats work your back and legs
Rows work your back and legs
Ohp works you pressing, bicep, core, traps part of back
Benching does pressing, and lats part of back along with biceps
>Stabilizers

My gym doenst have seated cable rowers.

Mostly because of time. I just work out three times a week, about an hour each work out. If I had the time to work out six times a week, I'd rather use those three days for cardio tbqh.

>All these sniffs not doing LRSxLRS

Attached: 029714A0-7971-4FEC-AF76-13C01DFA5132.jpg (1117x1117, 147K)

PPL is a beginner routine
once you get to intermediate strength levels you need to do an actual routine to continue to see progress
ive used PHAT, but Greyskull, WSfSB, and Doggcrap are all pretty good as well

>LRSxLRS
what is this?

>PPL is a beginner routine

It isn't though. And greyskull IS a beginner routine and doggcrapp is for people on roids.

rohitnair.net/pp/#muscle_gain/aesthetics/whole_body
>Greyskull LP is another excellent hypertrophy program that focuses on whole body workouts, but might be more suitable for people who have some prior experience with lifting weights.

>PPL is not for beginners
linear PPL is meant as a beginner routine because it doesnt provide enough volume for progression as an intermediate to continue making progress
generally speaking nattys need to work both strength and hypertrophy to make progress with hypertrophy because you cant get big lifting baby weight as a natty

I've been benching and jefferson deadlifting every day for a month.

Bench has gone up 60 pounds, deadlift has gone up 100. You guys complicate this way too much, just listen to your body and learn the difference between a pain that is soreness and a pain that is going to result in injury. Also do GOMAD.

Maybe try a shitload of fish oil

how tf does OHP work the biceps?

I think he's saying they act as a stabilizer

A left-right split

kek

If you’re just lifting for assthedicks I don’t see why you’d need an entire leg day or 2 leg days a week

I thought 3x5 squats alone gives you massive t-rex legs

>Having a leg day
PPPPPPx is the way of the transcended

Attached: Vangelis.jpg (867x921, 150K)

MPS cycles are peaked at about 24hrs. and almost-returned at 36hrs., which suggests exercising (1RM equivalents) every 24hrs. is best for gains. This is also reasonable because simply lifting for what's keeping muscles whole is … OK, evidenced with steroid usage on a sedentary demographic.

Attached: Muscle Stimulation - Intensity vs Volume.jpg (550x572, 316K)

Attached: Testosterone Sedentary vs. Placebo Exercising.png (619x695, 71K)

MPS cycles are peaked at about 24hrs. and almost-returned at 36hrs., which suggests exercising every 24hrs. is best for gains. This is also reasonable because simply lifting for what's keeping muscles whole is … OK, evidenced with steroid usage on a sedentary demographic.

Attached: Muscle Stimulation - Intensity vs Volume.jpg (550x572, 316K)

Attached: Testosterone Sedentary vs. Placebo Exercising.png (619x695, 71K)

Yeah but is this test done on an untrained population?
Recovery times are supposed to increase as you start lifting heavier.

Try lifting heavy ass weights every 24hrs. Unless you're doing bulgarian you're gonna fry your cns or snap some shit.

If you go hard on compounds this is not feasible in the long run. You'll overtrain quick.

You can train some muscles 5x a week, retardo. The bigger a muscle the more rest it needs

And 2x a week is still garbage frequency. PPLalso won't let you lift heavy due to accumulated fatigue. Don't even think of 1RM attempts, either. Also if your programming and knowledge is shit say hello to overuse injuries

Wat up Buge

what u mean?????? just do a different row variation

It sure ain't but the gains I've been getting are from another dimension.
Granted I've been needing to eat and sleep like it were my day job

based

Like what?

I'm on PHUL. ULxULx etc. Don't care about what day of the week.

I just do upper body 3 times a week and 1 day i work on muscles i am lacking behind, squat like once a week maybe and run 2 times a week

i do Push, Pull, Legs, Push Pull, monday to friday, it's pretty comfy man

thought 5-day week would be a pain in the beginning, but it's only an hour out of the day, no big deal

[Sorta busy]

There are way better methods of getting huge quickly – specifically sitting in full-body EMS (plausibly a liquid) and mentally switching DHT to T whenever (it's … 2 hydrogen molecules).

Attached: EMS efficacy example.png (488x468, 52K)

Attached: Fitness - Mental Gains.png (715x695, 618K)

This.
>Why isnt everyone on a PPLx2 routine?
I am and everybody else should too. It's our duty given us by god!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Faggot

Post bodies and stats.

Opinions on 5/3/1 routine?