How to get YUGE ohp numbers?

How to get YUGE ohp numbers?

Attached: Develop-the-Ultimate-Overhead-Press.jpg (620x349, 57K)

Roid

Why?
OHP is horrible for your shoulders.
It's an ego lift.

>hardest to improve
>egolift

Maybe try OHPing?

he's not talking about your bench, which is indeed horrible for your shoulders and an ego lift.
OHP the least of an ego lift out of the big 4, followed by squats

I know you think that made sense in your head....but it doesn't.
It's dumb.

Bench press is the upper body egolift
Deadlift is the lower body egolift
prove me wrong, you literally can't. OHP is far more safe on your shoulders than the bench press. You're hating on OHP because you suck at it (i.e. you are not actually strong, but try to hide it with meme wide grip ROM on bench which is impossible to do on OHP)

>Horrible for your shoulders
>Literally thousands of people saying it cured their joint clicking/joint pain etc
Its one of the best and most enjoyable exercises
You can't snap your back, because you won't lift that bar even 1cm above if your back is lacking. That is, if your form is on point

Non meme answer is to continuously train it over a long period of time while adding weight responsibly, at very small increments if necessary. Get some micro plates. Your bench will indeed drive your OHP but you need to keep doing the OHP to keep frequency high enough. Don't be in a rush and enjoy every PR, even if it's only 1 or 2 lbs. I like 4 day TM split for upper body gains.
>t. 245lbs OHPer

>OHP is far more safe on your shoulders than the bench press.

user, I do 180 for reps. I also bang that shit off of the floor to get it into position.
ANd that's AFTER my 2 hour full body calisthenics strength training sessh.

I never ever had trouble out of my shoulder until I started doing OHP seriously. Never.
When I looked around, a lot of old timers with more then a half century in the game who aren't just degenerate strength/power lifters and were concerned about long term health say the same thing.

Also no, bench press is not worse on your shoulders and OHP is an ego lift because it lets you put up relatively big numbers. Huge numbers overall on the dead or bench is for losers who don't actually compete or really push themselves and just want that one single ego stroke number to show off to people who don't know a goddamned thing.

My gym doesn’t have microplates, what do

Buy them nigga. If you take lifting seriously then invest in the tools to do it well.

bench/triceps, but also specificity of training
it get super strong at a lift, you need to do that lift often and frequent, but frequent ohp is bad for shoulders, so i would ohp 1x per week and bench 2x

Attached: k (4).png (480x480, 142K)

Why would you type all that just to lie about shit, just say "lol no" and spare everyone the headache.

Attached: Anime_Merchant.jpg (225x225, 10K)

>>Literally thousands of people saying it cured their joint clicking/joint pain etc
I fucking DARE you to show me 5 people who the OHP helped you lying faggot.

your form is just shit

Great, you can 180 lbs standing incline press

Le form protects you from everything bullshit.
K.
Well you have fun with your ego lift and ruined shoulders.

Yeah, none of this is true you fat fuck. Literally none of it. I could go step by step and point out the flaws in your form but I can't think of a reason to help you perfect your LARP.
>there can be no successful defense in favor of bench press over OHP unless you are a retard (calisthenics sesh lmfamotherfuckingo) with CrossFit form.

Attached: 1539037964606.png (640x364, 328K)

>relatively big numbers
It's relatively the lightest weight lift when compared to bench, squat, and deadlift so your argument contradicts itself.

>180lbs ohp for reps
>actually does incline push press

Attached: 1527526305356.jpg (2048x2048, 739K)

Okay little buddy.
You go ahead and fuck up your shoulders with your faggot ego lift.
I'll be over here not doing it because I don't want to fuck my shoulders..again.

>little body
I'm not some manlet twink doing calisthenics lmao. OHP is far more safe on your shoulders than the bench, if you deny this you were using shit form. Your ruined shoulders are probably from doing shitty muscle up dance arounds on your sub 200 lbs twink frame, and now it hurts when you round-clean and push jerk it you little twink shit

Relative to itself, not other lifts.
Are you doing that thing where you pretend to be retarded to win an argument or are you simply out of your depth here?

No, that shit that Ripp had that soon to be crippled kid he's "coaching" is standing incline bench.
I'm not flexible or stupid enough to attempt that shit.
I did a full ohp.

>OHP is far more safe on your shoulders than the bench
Sure why not. I'll take your word.
But they are still horrible for your shoulders.
>if you deny this you were using shit form
Tell me how I can bench so that it's not hurting my shoulders?
You know, since you know the magical fucking type of form that keeps movements from ruining your joints and body.

I wish I could OHP more regularly :( my left shoulder moves in a weird pattern making it uncomfortable for me to do it with a bar, dumbbells feel better.

still, nothing beats the feeling of lifting 70kg over your head

>Relative to itself
actually kekd

Attached: 1527706971143.jpg (3000x3000, 197K)

What in gods name would it be relative too other then itself you imbecile?
Did you read and understand any of what I wrote this entire time?

>Relative to itself, not other lifts
Yo nigga, pass dat shit

Attached: passdat.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

You're fucking stupid.
I explained it as simply as I possibly fucking could and all you've done is gone into defense mode and exposed to every single person who's reading this "discussion" how much of an unbelievable imbecile you are.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

>What in gods name would it be relative too other then itself you imbecile?
What is going on here?

Attached: wut.jpg (512x512, 24K)

By keeping your arms properly bent and puahing with forearms perpendicular to the bar when it hits your chest. Ie look at any form video you retard

Relative to itself, not other lifts.

Attached: 52299748.jpg (250x222, 7K)

Well I'm only stupid relative to myself, not other people

Attached: ohgawd.gif (500x281, 945K)

What a garbage thread.
OP do more volume, pressing responds to volume very well.

>Relative to itself, not other lifts.
Correct. Or as Einstein would have put it: mc2=mc2

Attached: indians are stupid.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

>I also bang that shit off of the floor to get it into position.
?

LMAO

Attached: 1536243942121.jpg (680x645, 76K)

>is this nigger serious . jpeg
>how/why does he keep getting dubs when he is so retarded??
Should I just back away now Ainz-sama?

Don't listen to all these dyels.
I myself bang that shit off of the floor all day, err day

Attached: bangbang.jpg (640x360, 41K)

Measure your OHP lift in lbs instead of kg, don't mention the unit only mention the number.

>tfw I'm pressing my bodyweight
>(of kilos in lbs)

Attached: 1538298244604.jpg (1024x1004, 211K)

unless you are lifting respectable weights like 1/2/3/4+ you will definitely get weird looks for bringing your own microplates

When do I start microplating da big 4?

it made perfect sense

best shit Ive read all day

I used to have shoulder pain until I started ohp
How the fuck is it an ego lift if it's the weakest lift?

Just put on extra clips lel

Attached: CE6F63D4-7091-48E7-BEB0-1C2CB4F9C79E.jpg (1024x704, 133K)

Yeah.
To you.
But it's fucking retarded.

>cant understand a four word post
>calls other people retarded

Well first of all. You don't need to do it and it's not how your arms are supposed to work.
It's just old carnnie lifting bullshit that's murder on your rotator cuffs.
Lastly, it's an ego lift becuase it's about putting up numbers and is dangerous and harmful.
I told you moments ago that it's not about chasing the biggest number so you can impress normies who don't know any better and supposed experiencd lifter who barely knows more then the aforementioned ignorant normies.

cope

Deadlift will pretty much never need to be microloaded. Same with squat, but women may need 2.5lbs increases after they exhaust 5lbs. Microload bench and OHP when you can no longer make linear progress with 5lbs jumps. Start with 2.5lbs and reduce as needed. Women will need to take small jumps pretty quickly, with 1lb jumps on the press happening sooner rather than later. I'd get a pair of .5, .75, and 1.25lbs plates. You can find sets of them online.

>Giving a fuck what the NPCs think while you're working on your gainz
C'mon.

What idiot designed that bench, ffs

His wife, a month after she upped his life insurance.

tsk tsk user, you won't get far in life being so bitter and resentful..

Attached: 1525774917561.png (688x1434, 112K)

How many clips equal one micro plate?

>t. dyel who can't appreciate The Press

>180 for reps
>doing OHP seriously
unless you weigh less than 160, that is very fucking far from "seriously". and i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, because you're most likely push pressing 180 for a shaky double anyway

I mean 180 for reps is pretty decent on OHP. That'd be like doing 270 for reps on bench or something

neither of those are particularly impressive if you're not tiny

Good thread

Oofed and yiked

Those are still respectable numbers unless you weigh 300+lbs

Attached: IMG_8759.jpg (539x700, 44K)

user show body already or no one will believe you

>Squats
>Not egolift
Pick one

Deadlift masterrace

That guys is an idiot, but to say 180 for reps isnt very respectable at 200lbs or less bw is just delusional

Attached: Everyone clap for the smart guy.gif (400x300, 540K)

How the...
>Did he died?

Audibly kek'd

if you're actually trying to get strong, not really. some reasonable standards for The Press™ are
>0.75 x bw: you should get there after a few months on babby's first linear progression, if you didn't fuck things up
>1 x bw: ok
>1.25 x bw: strong
>1.5 x bw: very strong

5x180 at 200 (roughly equivalent to 1 x bw) puts you in the top 5% in a normie gym
that's not bad at all, but not even close to "very respectable"

Well... If we are just talking programming the press here's what I'd do.

Workout A
Set up a bench on the highest incline setting. Go to the Smith machine. And do HEAVY pressing 4 sets of 3 and 1 set AMRAP.

Workout B
Strict press 3x10 focusing on form.

Scheduling varies depending on program. Both A and B in the same week is a must however.

A bw OHP is very strong

no, a bw OHP is easily doable in 2 years if you're actually trying to get there

What if you're fat af? We're talking about 25%+ BF

I've had major shoulder issues that benching made way worse and OHP has seriously improved, I've exclusively been doing OHP for 18 months now and my shoulders are great. I'm going to start benching again but I'm fucking worried about it.

How well does OHP translate into lifting people up by under their arms? How much weight can I expect to lift if I know my OHP max. Similar to pic related but under the arms so I don't crush their rib cage.

Attached: D984_58_419_1200.jpg (849x1200, 98K)

Reality check for all you dysmorphics out there

If you can press 135lbs people mire because almost no one does barbell OHP
Im 6' and 215lbs, my best set of 5 was 165 and that is more than Ive seen anyone OHP at any gym in highschool, college or my adult life

Maybe if you're a powerlifter/training specifically for strength

You're going to need some strength from curling or chin ups as well, grip strength is also a factor

/s4s/

Gotta disagree senpai, I didnt train OHP ever until a couple months ago and am already at 165 for 3 at 160 pounds BW. My bench is pretty decent but I don't consider it particularly impressive.

Post delts
This is strict press, knees locked?

yes, that's what i've been talking about all along
>doing OHP seriously
>if you're actually trying to get strong
>if you're actually trying to get there
but it doesn't really matter. if you see a cyclist press half a pl8, does that make it an impressive lift because he doesn't train specifically for pressing strength?

athletes in contest conditions (non-SHW) are typically
around 12-15 bf%, just calculate how much you'd weight if you lost fat and got to that range, then use the standards i gave above
there's some limitations to that, if you're a walking ball of fat you'll lose a lot of muscle as well should you ever lose all the fat, but if you're still human that calculation gives sensible results

>160 pounds
Twinkposters are the worst

Chronic shoulder pain left when I started ohping and returned when I got lower back injury and stopped.

you would do that as a short ROM push press, and if you don't want to hurt their ribs, get them to activate their lats.

Absolutely based advice

just get wrist weights

Genuinely one of the worst Jow Forums posts ever

Genuinely one of the worst Jow Forums posts ever

Attached: 42151259_2160780874245542_6625921677618315264_o.jpg (1920x1016, 131K)

Curls I can see to work the biceps because their bodies won't necessarily be close to mine like how an OHP would be, but what do the chin ups help with?

Would having my hands underneath the armpit be better than lifting them up by the torso?

>Would having my hands underneath the armpit be better than lifting them up by the torso?
yes

Chin ups - grip and bicep strength

Tbqh desu you would be better off working front squat and then push pressing them up

>create subjective construct (egolift)
>claim something regarding this construct and asked to be proved wrong

Of course you can't be proven wrong - you can just change the subjective interpretation of an ego lift.

However, with all things subjective - the power is with the majority - in this case most people are saying its not an ego lift.

You are as wrong as you can possibly be