Shooting Groin Pain When Squatting

I get fairly bad upper groin pain when squatting with weight. The internet says it may be hip impingement developed from reduced daily hip movement over time. What would you do to regain hip mobility the fastest? Thinking just daily air squats and stretching.

Attached: 20181017_214906.jpg (294x326, 39K)

Do the splits.

just fix your form and use appropriate loading and volume

this fixes 99.9% of these types of issues

I just kept squatting and it went away. I dont stretch.

Yeah, just sucks moving up weight will probably be a lot slower than it should. I know I can do higher weight than my mobility will let me

I would stop and see a doctor. Could be a hernia. The only reason not to believe this is that seems to be bilateral in your case. But you know, to be on the safe side.

Good to hear

it has nothing to do with your mobility, you are probably just loading squats too aggressively and your technique is deteriorating

are you someone's mother by any chance because that's a severe overreaction

I've actually been checked recently. The area seems a little to low for that also

I get this on my left leg but only on warmup sets. Once im warmed up and im going heavy enough it disappears.

I do the pigeon, thread the needle, and butterfly pose, just for my hips and hamstrings. Yoga has helped out a lot with my mobility

Attached: FB-8-Yoga-Hip-Stretches-That-Feel-Amazing.jpg (1200x630, 63K)

Possibly, doesnt seem like I my knees are flaring or anything

Next time I'll try a longer warm up and see if it helps. Squat was the first thing today so definitely could've been a problem

Looks good, thanks

I had that kind of pain too, is it like a pinching sensation? weak glutes was causing me to pivot forward some putting a lot of pressure on the hip hinge. What helped me was widening my stance some (not to sumo squat) and really engaging dat posterior chain. Also hip mobility stretches helps me too

Those are called your hip flexors. Tight hip flexors are a common problem for people squating.

Google hip flexor streches.

Where's his peepee at?

>someone's mother
Nope, my brother had inguinal hernia when young and I take it quite seriously when lifting.

used to feel those, ramped up volume on squats, never had the issue again.

I had the exact thing on one side when I was progressing really quickly. Do light squats for a week and stretch then start progressing again. Your muscles will get stronger and it won't hurt anymore. I was scared i had a hernia.

>are you someone's mother by any chance because that's a severe overreaction
kek

Good stuff everybody

Doing the Silence of the Lambs tuck? Idk, lol

Torn labrum faggotry

Idk sounds like some sort of inguinal pain maybe, see a physical therapist

t. physical therapist

run more or do more stretches and stuff caz waht u dont want is go into squatting without any strength developed, or u might end up with a hernia. go lighter and shoter and let mucles develop

Could be hernia, maybe get checked. Otherwise stretch and deload make sure you’re doing proper form.

I've had this before.
1) ice
2) rest
3) form. Trying pointing toes 45 degrees out.

You need to stretch out your hip flexes, do the couch stretch every day (it's going to hurt alot for the first few days)

shut the fuck up faggot
inguinal hernia and femoral hernia are both a thing

Are you talking about your hip flexors or perhaps your loins? This happens to me sometimes in my loin area when I go my heaviest. I'm still pretty weak. I think it happens less if I stretch.

it will not be now.
But you will develop hernia in your lifetime.
GG. enjoy the nurse that will watch your penis during surgery.

stop squating. its gay anyway

Happens to me when I'm cold.
Doesn't happen lately now the weather is getting warmer.

Drop intensity and get your form check, post a video annon.

you would probably know if it was something serious like a hernia, unless you're retarded
try wearing looser/no pants next time, you could just be pinching skin

Had that problem. Hip flexor streches and split squats fixed it.

Do you squat wide or narrow? I had the same issue, but I squat wider than shoulder width. I would experience the pain after my sets of squats. The things I did to improve was work on my ankle mobility and trying to use my quads more when squatting, and daily stretching. Work on that and proper breathing and bracing. Great video for bracing is a 90 90 bracing video by strength culture.

Stance too wide, puts pressure on that area

ive had something similar, what's helped me was just pumping a lot of blood into the region so front leg swings while on one foot, immediately into side leg swings same side, then do other side
go slow so you dont tear something lol
stretching also exacerbated the pain in my case

my problem might be really different though

I used to have this problem
I squat a shit ton and have perfect form now
If it’s already hurt the only way to make it better is to stop squatting for about 2 weeks while it heals
After it’s better you need to warm up better
Youre probably squatting super fast super low which can cause pain
Start off with light weight and squat super slowly full range of motion
This will eliminate nearly all pain
Idk if stretching helps but I always stretch before just in case but warming up with light weight and full range of motion works the best

Had a guy on my football team in college who was 100% meathead retarded, and after he tore his Labrum he went around for three whole weeks telling everyone he tore his Labia. We purposely didn't tell him for those three weeks until some kiss as finally broke the news to him.

Does it feel like a something is pinching deep in the joint? Both sides or one side? I have a torn hip labrum and that what it feels like for me. Try stretching your hip flexors real good, also stretch your psoas and hamstrings. Next you need to strengthen your glutes and hip abductors. Do glute bridges, Bulgarian split squats and band work for you abductors.

very likely to be inguinal hernia. Either way OP is a faggot who should check a doc if it persists.

I have the same problem in my left upper groin but not when squatting. Only when I deadlift

Slav squat (heels on ground) a bunch of times throughout the day. you can take a warm bath or shower, get out, laydown and put your feet together, drop knees to your sides and give groin a stretch.