GF gets stressed over something

>GF gets stressed over something
>GF instantly starts angrily stuffing her face with food
What the fuck is this shit? I dont like this. How the fuck can you even eat when stressed? It makes no sense to me.

Today there was a banking problem with her work, and she thought she wasn't going to get paid, then she spent 2 hours refreshing her bank account waiting for it to go in, and for 2 hours she sat there gobbling down random junk food like it was her last meal.

I can't deal with this shit.

Attached: 92359032095325.jpg (640x424, 35K)

I don't get it either. When I am stressed I lose my appetite.

Stress eating is very common. I myself lose my appetite but I had a roommate that would raid the fridge when she flipped.

It’s disgusting to me, seems like animal behavior:
>me bad feeling! Food good feeling! Eat food feel good no bad!
And the whole acceptance passivity culture of not countering issues is making it worse, accepting causes as valid excuses.
>I was eating because I was stressed
>uses gurl totally normal keep being an animal

Now shes mad at me because told her that she should keep a savings buffer in her account so she doesn't have to stress about her pay from week to week.

I have a little over $25k in savings just for emergencies so I don't have to worry about shit like this. I dont understand how people can live with no savings. I feel naked without at least $20k in my emergency fund.

Same. There have been times where I have not eaten for a long time and I am legitimately hungry, then something stressful happens and then my hunger is gone completely.

>people who live paycheck to paycheck

kill me, they're the same idiots who always go "woo just got paid, time to party tonight!" like no wonder you're so fucking poor

I can understand, the only time when I didn’t become hungry when I was stressed was when I got really fit after months cutting. That sensation was magical. Right now I’m trying to start cutting again and the sense of hunger when I’m bored or stressed is here at full strength again. It’s a shitty feeling.

You should give her some of your money so she doesn’t worry. $25k is too much just to have in an account doing nothing

I feel exactly the same about money. People have no sense of foresight in general, no impulse control or desire for something other than instant gratification even if that just delays problems. And they spend so much money on avoidable stupid shit too... it’s the same people who can’t keep from stuffing their faces

He should give her ALL his money. He can save it back anyway like he did already but she needs it now and will need it more. So it makes sense

So she can go and spend it? Fuck off. If she wants money, she should earn it herself, or get some decent spending habits.

Ugh... why? He has it and she needs it and he isn’t doing anything with it anyway??!

What do you mean I am doing nothing with it?

Its serving its intended purpose and goal by simply being there. Im not just doing it for fun or autism.

As a kid I always promised myself I would never allow myself to end up living like my parents week to week, and having savings buff is exactly how you do that.

kek

We are not married. Who the fuck wads of cash to their GF lmao??

What can you do with money sweety? You can only do one thing and that’s to spend it, she spends money to make life better and you obviously don’t care enough to make it any better so you have extra money. If she needs it it means she needs a quality improvement which can be done by that money that is sitting there DOING NOTHING!!! If you need money later you can save them anyway so what is your problem? You are depriving your girl of happiness purposefully... that is manipulative verging on abuse...

It a basic unconstious psychology defense mechanism against stress jfc.

>sweety
>DOING NOTHING!!!
>depriving your girl of happiness
>manipulative verging on abuse

strong bait user

Ya like you said Jesus fucking Christ it’s my IMPULSE OKAY?! Shit, let me eat something I’ve been like so fucking stressed and had a long day. Stop trying to ducking control women’s bodies, it’s THEIR CHOICE mmkay?

food boosts your dopamine temporarily so in her case its almost like a drug addiction trying to flood herself in feel good chemicals to get rid of her anger

Good for you OP. Even as a couple, do not forfeit your individual security because of the impulsiveness of your special other.

How can you know understand this? She doesn’t realize it, her brain does though, but food=Dopamine. So it calms her down. It’s the real reason people say sugar is so bad, it’s not because of macros or iifym shit, it’s because of the fucking addiction built without even realizing it

We are animals.

It might be easy for you to say, but where I live it's no so easy for people to save up.

Might be easier for someone who lives with his parents for a while, saving money from a good job and might be harder for someone who had shitty relationship with them, left home @18 and struggling from paycheck to paycheck ever since.

Also depends on the country I guess, where I live there's an "avg" salary like 1200$, and in the city just rent for some small apartment can be up to 400$, groceries for a week like a 100$... but the problem is that 60% of people have way lower paychecks than the average so...

People should have financial reserves for sure, but some have easier time building it than the others

She was mad at you for giving her "advice" when you have no idea what her problem feels like and she just wanted empathy. Most people can't save up that much easily. I'm lucky if I have 3k.

Stress eating is incredibly common.

They think "fuck it this $20 isn't going to help my circumstances so I might as well enjoy myself" Like, if going out is the difference between saving and not saving, they didn't have much to put away in the first place. Sure, if you stop buying coffee you can save like $1000 a year but is only $1000 worth a whole year of abstaining from something that you like and that makes you feel better? They're miserable and make poor choices because of it. But if they made enough money to sustain that lifestyle and did so no one would bat an eye.

bruh, i can barely manage to save 2gran in year.

Where are you from?

Czech Republic

>poor logic

Have you tried chili powder? Blow it in her eyes when she's stress eating.

The relationship between stress and food is shit for me. I have IBS and when I'm very stressed my body starts rejexting a lot of food, especially fatty foods and dairy foods. During flareups I gotta take lactose enzymes and use a med to make my gastro system chill out. Makes it hard to make gains when you are shitting out most your food. Right now in a period of weight loss, hoping I'm not flushing away the good gains I've been making

Pasta and rice are cheap. Buy meat on offers and don’t waste money. I’ve been in Prague, prices are equivalent to my home (Greece) and you make more in general. Just don’t waste money. A drink out might seem cool but if you’re living paycheck to paycheck it is a waste.
It is bean by bean that the sack is filled

Dude same. I feel like I'm not absorbing anything. Lots of stuff doesn't even get broken down, vegetables being the worst offender. Psa: chew your raw carrots well.

Prague is a rather special case( both in case of salaries and cost of living). I personally don't have a problem setting quite a lot of money aside, since I am almost doubling the avg pay, but I definitely understand how people are not able to do so... e.g my mother makes around 600$ a month and as I said even the small apartments in the city where I live are ~400$, you can get some welfare contribution towards the living costs but still...