My squat is weak AF

My squat is weak AF
I'm 205 lbs, 6 foot 3, and my squat if awful. I've been trying to do 185 a2g and I'm super out of breath after 10 reps. Over the past month or so, I've been doing 5 sets of 3 reps at about 2pl8s to try to get stronger. But haven't noticed much in the way of improvement.
On my leg day I do squats, 3x10 rdls at 185, 3x10 lunges at 110lbs (each leg), 3 sets of leg press until failure, 3x10 leg curls at 220, 3x10 leg extensions at 250, and 3x20 calf raises at 200(added weight). Should I add some cardio to help me out?

Attached: halfsquat-fuck.jpg (250x249, 12K)

eat more protein faggot

Bump

I'm in a similar place OP and one thing I've started to do is focus more on squats themselves, specifically the movement, and less on assistance or non-compounds, and I'm finally seeing some results. I was stuck at 2pl8 as well and did the following:

Paused squats below parallel with 135, really holding it to work on both mobility and hip strength. This was a big weak part for me, idk about where you're struggling.

Core work. Threw in a 10 minute ab routine after my workouts and saw tremendous results very quickly.

And finally, squat more and do other leg stuff less. I switched over to a PPL from a bro-split and haven't been happier.

That's a whole shitload of volume. You could get a lot more strength progress with a lot less effort if you'd just squat a few sets of 5 two or three times a week.

So what would my leg days consist of?

Carrying your wife and boyfriends shopping home for them.

That's way more than you need. I got to a ~345lb squat doing way way way less volume than you are at a similar size.

Don't have a dedicated leg day. Switch to a push/pull, squats/squat variations on push and deads/dead variations on pull. That way you can either use the two free L days to recover, or train 5 or 6 days a week just alternating Push Pull Push etc. Meaning more gains for the rest of your body. Honestly having a dedicated Leg day is such a meme.

can you share the PPL you're following?

>training 5-6 days per week
Terrible advice for 95% of lifters

I cant tell if this is e-stating or trolling. 3x10 220 lbs leg curl and 3x10 250 lbs leg extension struggling 2pl8 squats in a work set? If srs were you born without hip flexors or something?

Do you have to go A2G? I can do 2 plate squats at parallel

>3x10 leg extensions at 250
no fucking way

i can do like 150 and i squat double what you do

Going atg doesn't get you bonus points or have any more muscle activation.

Attached: forces-with-the-deep-squat.jpg (1024x716, 63K)

Honestly I think routine should be cycled. Week 1 train 2x full body
Week 2 3x full body
Week 3 4x upper/lower
Week 4 5x push/pull
Maintain for a couple weeks very intense then cycle back down.
Probably vary sets/reps too.
I really think this variance would be optimal but it's not common because it's a million times easier to stick to a routine.

lots of guys consider 90-135° to be 'ATG'. pretty misleading

How is lifting 5 to 6 times terrible advice? If it’s a fucking hobby, why shouldn’t you be enjoying it?

It doesn't take that short of time to adapt to anything and if anything running a program for a longer period of time allows for a better understanding of what's working and what isn't.

Because it's a hobby, not your life. Because systemic fatigue is a much bigger factor when you don't give yourself time to recover. Because going that many times a week and not allowing yourself proper recovery is probably going to make you spin your wheels in the long run.

because lifting 5-6x a week is a great way to burn out and stop enjoying your hobby, and on top of that he'll probably make shittier gains because 99% of people can't manage fatigue with that many sessions

trim some exercises off that workout and focus more on your squats and let yourself get more rest and food. also maybe rest a little more between sets if you arent time crunched.

Well, this is a machine at my school gym. So it may not be accurate.

Aren’t hobbies meant to be indulged in as much as you can? I understand recovery time for beginners but telling someone they shouldn’t be working out as much as you’d like is like your mom telling you not to sit close to the TV because you’ll go blind

>not many people can manage fatigue

Besides like 60% of the guys at your gym that are there everyday

Run Ss ya novice

>Besides like 60% of the guys at your gym that are there everyday
and how many of them are actually making progress while burning all that time and energy?

Lifting 5-6x per week is literally for either people who make no gains or for weightlifters who have most of the work done at broomstick weight for them to perfect technique.

stop doing the same weight for the same reps every week you knob gobblin. How do you expect to progress if you don't progress

Most of the guys I’ve talked to at the gym have been doing splits since they started. Sorry you guys actually believe garbage clickbait articles from major fitness sites

>tfw I can lift more than op at 5'6

Read the fucking sticky.
Do starting strength

t. 6'4" who took squat from 20kg to 160kg

I have almost an identical build, 6'3" at 211ibs, and I'm repping 4pl8s. Pause squats going to Marianas Trench depth were a huge help for me, I would suggest like 75% of your max. Even if you have to let the barbell roll off once in a while, you should feel like a monster frog ready to jump in terms of power and flexibility in your quads and hips.

5x5 at moderate weight or 5x3 heavy are good. I try to do 4x5 at moderate and 1-2x3 heavy per workout. I do a M/W/F full-body routine, alternating squats and deadlifts each time. On squat days I do leg curls, deadlift days I do lighter squats, calf raises every session. I've found that this routine balances squats and deadlifts while leaving energy for other compounds and isolations and gives enough time for recovery in between days.

>tl;dr Try pauses at depth and increase weight incrementally

and most of those have shit progress, grow frustrated and often times turn towards PEDs, thus it should not be the general advice for most people

I agree. It's only sustainable if you're a literal neet and have absolutely nothing else to do or be worried about.

How is this graph supposed to be understood?
Would a 91 degree squat be sufficient to get maximum gluteus activation, or is deeper better?

If im getting it right its saying you're getting maximum glute EMG anywhere between 90-135, not necessarily more the deeper you go

Not a neet but a friendless hermit. My job also has few hours for good pay.
Wake up at 6:30, work by 8, home by 3, eat and clean and wash by 4:30, be at the gym by 5, be done with workout by 7, walk in the park, chill in the city, have a coffee or enjoy a book or shit by 9, go back home by 10, shower and eat and prepare for sleep by 11.

Every. Single. Day.

Maybe in your shit gym. Most of the people in my gym train 3, 4, 5 days a week at most, either U/L as a split or full body. The average person at my gym is definitely bigger and stronger than the average person at your gym.

I literally lose gains if I lift 3 times a week. Never progressed.
Now I lift 6 times a week and it's great. I'm also on a huge fucking perma-cut. This sucks, I'm sure you guys are right with 3 times a week lifting heavy weights when bulking or whatever, but when cutting I see no other option than lifting 5-7 times a week.