Brain Gains

Memory has been getting worse lads. How do I improve it?

>forgot where phone is despite having it less than a minute ago
>lock car doors a bunch of times cause can't remember if I locked it
>at work counting shit, forgot if I counted the number before the one I'm on so have to start over
>can't remember if I fed the dog already
>reading a book, can't remember the title of it
>go see a movie, forget the plot
>meet someone and forget their name seconds after hearing it but know they told me

Gimme just the tips of the brain gains plz and thank you

Attached: 1530383452916.jpg (881x1024, 76K)

ngl you're probably an npc if you can't actively think about and remember this stuff. Good luck user, there's a beautiful world out there waiting for you when you become a real person.

brain gains now
memes later user

just like regular gains; practice
also, don't beat yourself up over dumb shit- who cares about some dumb movie plot, try to remember the conversations youve had with people and youll go farther
also supranormal stiumli (TV, videogames, internet) should be minimized

intermittent fasting gives mental clarity

read more books

i read plenty

and I do find that when I don't eat for a while, I feel more mentally clear. How do I maintain that clarity? I eat food and it feels like my iq drops sometimes

noted

Just speaking with me dad, he struggles to remember what he had for breakfast and it's been freaking me out especially with all this stupid shit most people would remember easily

reading books or shit on the internet

omad same time every day make sure has plenty of fats and protein

>I eat food and it feels like my iq drops sometimes
real talk here: there's probably nothing wrong with you, you're just overly health concious and are becomng hypochndrical over mundane crap

I had the same issue when I went through puberty; you're becoming a man user

Where is the anxiety at and be honest with me.

>Test ME

Study the mental equivalent of a deadlift. Get those gains bro. PLAY GO EVERY DAY.

Attached: 1406662961132.jpg (1593x2334, 648K)

You're right, to a point

>be exhausted and have pains in stomach
>go to doctor
>"drink more water, you probably have an ulcer"
>repeat this for 3 years
>finally find a doctor who takes me seriously
>turns out my duct leading out of my liver was too small
>too little stomach acid was being pushed out
>tests showed me to be malnourished as shit
>get surgery
>can finally work hard and play harder
>can eat fatty foods without throwing up

I have reasons to be skeptical, but I also recognize it may be paranoia

learning a second language has been shown to increase neuroflexibility by increasing the complexity and therefore size of your neural networks making your brain faster and more efficient in all tasks :^)

If you’re taking anti anxiety, antidepressants or sleeping pills, stop. Anxiety is good for you. Why do you think people remember PTSD?
Be mindful. Pay close attention to everything you’re doing and you’ll naturally remember better. Remember when you were a kid and everything is so fascinating?

I'm doing better. Trying not to stress about shit as much, reminding myself stress never did anything

I do have a crushing weight to progress my life and that any time spent on leisurely activities is a waste of time and thus I'm a failure to push for success

>:^)
and I believed you for a moment

stopped taking those
made me too content for mediocrity

There's some evidence that supplements such as creatine, ALCAR, fish oil and vitamin D can help with memory and protect against cognitive decline

Is modafinil worth it? Shill me

Stop smoking so much weed

I quit that shit months ago m8

got a source? I'm inclined to believe you tho

1# stop smoking weed if you do
2# stop pumping iron like a retard
3# meditate
4# install bluelight filter on your phone and laptop
#5 disable wifi and surf on internet with ethernet cable, wifi radiation is bad.

1)don't smoke anymore
2)been out of the gym for a while due to health, headin back in tomorrow
3)I do that
4)have it on my phone, but why is the relevant?
5)source

Stop eating sugar
Start running
Start meditating
Get more sleep
Also train your mind's eye visualise as much as you can.

I'm exactly the same atm OP, 30yo.

I dunno if it's all the years of being NEET, the 5-HTP shit I took for like a year, or that depression completely wrecks your brain. I'm out of all this thankfully and doing better but I have to make a conscious effort to remember details.

Attached: TipPuU_sdKEzdEv-EIqRwZYcimIl8E9Tc5y2wmPKbHY.jpg (680x680, 59K)

I do all of those things when I'm tired OP, get more sleep.

Aim for 8 hours, and note the difference between that and 7 hours of sleep or less.

stop for a second and think about what the fuck you are doing
I used to check doors and gas and water faucets but I was afraid of it becoming a toc
now at the moment of closing a door or closing a tap I just stop for a moment and think "I'm closing the tap", "I'm closing the door", etc

this seems helpful, thank you

been getting about 6 or 7 but will shoot for 8 now

I'll try bro.
We're all gonna make it

stop masturbating

don't even remember the last time I jacked it

I don't get the big fuss, I just stopped jacking it and forgot I even could jack it