/fast/ - #316 - Paddy Redux Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of salt water fasting and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between electrolyte water and dry fasting?
>Electrolyte water fasting: Fasting with only electrolyte water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Proceed with caution; listen to your body.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
>Have gout
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely and easily do an extended electrolyte water fast?
Take electrolyte water aka snake juice (recipe below):
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these and sip throughout the day.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headass.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Previous Thread

Attached: Skeleton-Lay-Down-Funny-Graveyard-Picture.jpg (700x769, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dietdoctor.com/fasting-and-re-feeding-syndrome
idmprogram.com/who-needs-to-avoid-fat-bombs-and-bpc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to start doing this, if I do OMAD during the week and water fast in the weekends will that help me anymore than just doing OMAD on the weekend too? Does using benzos or opiates break your fast?

You will still get there but marginally faster so its up to you if its worth it to fast for 72 hours

i miss grandpa omaw

Why the fuck is the bottom left of my chest hurting? It feels like someone's jabbing it from the back all the way to the front, one jab every 10-20 seconds. Fucking hurts

lost 10 lbs so far this week through OMAD
thanks fastbois, gonna keep it going

That's quite a lot, good job. Usually it's something like 4lbs a week. Are you tracking calories of your daily meal?

Guys, Snake Piss doesn't taste that bad at all? Am I fucking retarded or?

Attached: BAm1TgPCAAAtDta.jpg (600x755, 65K)

well im pretty heavy so higher bmr and im tracking them a bit, not going over 1500

>relapsed and spend last week drinking and eating huge quantities of garbage food
>weighted in at 12 lbs heavier this sunday
>4 days water snek juice fasting since monday
>weighted myself today
>2lbs lighter than before slip up

Fasting is like having a superpower

Attached: happy meme face.png (645x773, 10K)

OMAD is so FUCKING hard.
Eat too early you get hungry in the night
Eat too little you get hungry in the night.
Eat too much... you eat too much.
Eat too late you're hungry in the morning

Akshuly it's the easiest thing in the world
once you've tried to fast, that is. Go for 3+ days, attempt a long streak, keep at it, and you'll love OMAD. It'll look like bliss
best routine is to eat at 830PM and get in bed by 1130, unless you eat a small bowl of salad you won't feel hungry one bit. I'm the fattest fattie around here and OMAD sustains me easily, I eat anything from 2500-2800 calories this way.
It also helps to take garcinia forskolin, yohimbine HCL, nicotine gums and coffee throughout the day to blunt your appetite.

how the FUCK do I start fasting as a neet? Part of distracting me from boredom was eating, how do I fill that void

Attached: 1498378068316.png (1280x720, 48K)

HOLY FUCK today i ate like 4000 calories of Chinese food after fasting for 5 days. My stomach hurt so bad I had to just lay on the floor for like an hour and pray my fucking stomach wouldn't rip open.

Fuck me, refeed wisely bois

Attached: legendary_unit.png (566x755, 310K)

>2500-2800 calories
>OMAD
you wanna know how I know you're not losing weight

Attached: 1538358369309.png (707x1000, 654K)

Im with you the baking soda recipe is good

>OMAD
>2500
I try and stay below 1200...
Jesus

330 am and having HEAVY nausea on the dawn of day 5. Considering ending my 7 day target here. Being nauseated for long periods is something I just can't tolerate.

Attached: 1472413881635.jpg (308x302, 24K)

6th day of fasting and ive already lost 17lbs, i absolutely hate water weight how do i get rid of it when im not in a fast? It feels like the only way to not be absolutely bloated with lbs and lbs of water weight is to not eat

Been having really good results with a 16/8 cycle and strength training everyday, no more than 40 mins, cycling muscle groups. On Friday I play football faster for like an hour. Is it haram to break the fast before noon? That's when I eat my first meal all other days

On day 2. Haven’t fasted in 4 months and finally put the weight back on (about 25 lbs, more muscle than fat been lifting.) looking to cut down again. We are all gonna make it. Keep sipping that snake juice.

DRINK WATER!

Never experienced any kind of nausea from not eating, but hunger pains can be stopped by guzzling water

Jesus Christ, after a long time I'm starting again today, and this morning was terrible (CEST FAG here), how can hunger be so painful at times? It finally calmed down and feel rested now. This is the hardest part if I'm honest for me, the begining.

Wew, this will be my home for this day since I already consumed today's calories. I'll have to eat until 6 am tomorrow maybe. I can do this, I hope.

Attached: Idk.png (540x540, 390K)

By the way, I tried OMAD for 2 weeks and I gained(?) weight
HOW

Work. I work in my garden or around the house, and the amount of shit that piles up to do makes it impossible to even think of eating.

Start reading. Fiction, non-fiction, whatever.

Anyone else ever had their eczema flare up during a fast?
Have done 48s before but this is my first attempt at a longer one and it's everywhere, legs, balls, dick, arms, back, armpits
Do I need more snake juice?

>How long are we talking here exactly? Can a 3-4 day fast kill you?

The worst you'd get is constipation, which can be pretty bad on its own. Most really bad things happen after longer durations. Like the kind of constipation that requires hospitalization, "refeeding edema," and, "refeeding syndrome."

Read up, and read other sources,

dietdoctor.com/fasting-and-re-feeding-syndrome

You can kill yourself doing that shit, man. Hope you pull through.

Attached: Fasting Brain.jpg (853x1202, 366K)

Drink lots and lots of water. Massage your tummy to get things moving better. Go for walks.

Between my full-time desk boy job, college night classes, and errands, I'm sitting all fucking day.

It's really starting to have an effect on me to, and I wish I had time to workout but I simply don't.

Hoping a keto diet or something will fix it for the time being.

>fastboyz

Attached: 8E16BA97-E545-42E2-ACEA-1FE5E8B105B6.jpg (628x455, 280K)

dear god, you cunts must be 5'2 midgets if you think 2500 is too much. I also work out in the morning and evening, 4 mile 400m sprints in the morning and lifting at night, then my OMAD immediately after. I'm not shedding a lot of weight, like I would if I was fasting, but I'm recomping my body. I don't wanna end up like a deflated blob so I'm doing it this way. I don't gain shit on 2500

I find 36-40 hour fasts easier than OMAD. I’ll have a lunch and dinner every other day

Wow these posts really make the fatty boombalatties mad

idmprogram.com/who-needs-to-avoid-fat-bombs-and-bpc/
You shouldn’t have extra calories if you are leptin resistant (overweight). If you are already thin then it doesn’t matter (if eating LCHF)

>2500 on OMAD
>working out
>extra calories
Jesus.

Yeah, didn’t really post that resource for you. Whatever, thought it was useful and a good read, y’all reminded me of it

IM SO FUCKING HUNGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1539929276446.png (933x544, 397K)

>Prospectivemilitaryfag
>Losing water weight and shitting like a madman brought my weight down enough to update my recruiter
>He calls me
>Asks that I lose another pound or 2 by next Tuesday
>Tells me he had a girl who was under the max weight by 2 pounds, went to MEPS and the scale said she was actually 7 over
>I'm only 2 pounds under the max weight
Fuuuuuuuuuck bros. I was gonna eat on Sunday hanging out with friends but I'm in it for the long haul now.
Also
>Recruiter asks if I'm doing cardio
>Tell him I do stationary biking
>He just assumes I'm taking it easy on the bike
>Never had a good time to let him know I hit 110-130BPM on the bike for pretty much the entire hour
Feels bad

I just hope it's worth it, user

>Losing water weight and shitting like a madman brought my weight down enough to update my recruiter

A buddy of mine was hospitalized trying to lose weight to get into the military. The recruiter got sued for it. They were doing retarded shit. Like wrapping him in trash bags and having him job in the sun. Later that evening he passed out in the bathroom, using it like a sauna to sweet out more weight, and was unresponsive.

You're much better losing fat weight than water weight. The reason they want you to lose weight is because when you are there, you'll be pounding your feet 1000s of times a day or more. Extra body weight will only fuck you up. Losing the water weight just means it will come right back once you are in. Losing fat weight won't come back while you are in.

Be warned. The recruiter will lie to your face in order to make his quota for that time period and get bonus pay for extra bodies in that time period. You can tell him to fuck off until you get down to the required weight. There's no time limit for you, it is only for him. You can do it anytime.

how do control smelly breath in social situations if eating is not a option???

Binacca

Get a wash cloth that has a fair amount of nap on it. Wet it then scrub your tongue, inside of your cheeks, and gums with it. It helps a lot. Use a different section of the cloth for each section of your mouth. Sometimes you have to use several sections just for the top of your tongue. It is amazing how much food cleans your mouth.

After that, you can use something like is you wish, but you must do extra cleaning than you normally did.

I still have like 2 months after weigh in to continue losing weight, that's not a problem. I have to rely on water weight fuckery right now because at my last appointment my recruiter recorded my height as an inch too short (didn't bring it up because I'm a pussy I guess) and wrote down that I was 5 pounds lighter than I actually was. Just gotta get through this next week and then I can go back to normal fasting without all this stress.

Meant for

thanks

Fasting getting more difficult as I'm approaching my goal weight. Had to switch from ADF to OMAD, or even a 4 hour window on some lifting days. Anybody else experience this?
I'm not doing keto because lifting on keto sucks, so that could be the culprit.

just give it time

Day 3. I'm really bored. I wish I had friends.

Attached: plop.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

>OMAD is so FUCKING hard.
bullshit
>Eat too early you get hungry in the night
hungry in the night? never woke up because of hunger. get a little discipline you slob
>Eat too little you get hungry in the night.
than eat enough thats filling, fat for example
>Eat too much... you eat too much.
true dat but you could just fast longer on the next day
>Eat too late you're hungry in the morning
bullshit, easily to ignore, drink water or coffee (decaf)

can i do 48 fasts and veggie OMAD back to back instead of drinking snake juice? i made it 8 days before but the taste is just too bad

Attached: 112c249f39509616ff248f5d6ad8ff8e11c7f22a62d4d360b37705e4eba74cdf.jpg (321x317, 28K)

I’m doing keto and as I lose weight fasting seems to be getting harder. I made my first extended fast 5 days easy. Having trouble going over 3 now. Pretty close to my goal weight though, so I’m pretty okay with only fasting 3 days a week

Actually I guess I’m not that close to my goal weight, still 12 pounds away, at least 15 more with refeed. Seems really close though seeing as I’ve lost 70 pounds to date.

Broke a 72 hour fast and took a normal shit a reasonable amount of time after i ate, weighed myself after i ate and i've lost 25 pounds since oct 1st

Am I missing something? Brushing your teeth isn't an option?

You need to do that too, but you must do extra cleaning while fasting.

RIP Paddy, you were an inspiration to me

what foods have the highest amount of micronutrients?

Organ meats

Attached: 0*80LNtvAz_Rmt5tf7.jpg (720x405, 38K)

Yea you'll probably still get good results especially if you can get a few workouts in while you've been fasting for 12+ hours at least, i'd say just stick to 48s if you know can do it rather than torturing yourself with snake juice, that routine will probably get you more accustomed to healthy eating habits when you reach your goal weight too

Day 5. Intense nausea last night. Pooped this morning, maybe it was that?

Anyway, down almost 10 lbs from my start, 165.2-155.8. Feeling bored. Probably will break fast 2 days early because I don't want to face another night like last night.

Mix a bunch of veggies, some garlic cloves, some ginger, crap like that, add some flavored protein powder or juice for taste and blend it
epic shit right there

Is it normal to slightly gain a week or so after fasting?

probably just water weight

so you lost 10 lbs in 5 days of fasting ?

How much do you need to lose? you know you can take it easy with omad and you can lose like 5 kg in 2 weeks

Initial losses are always larger due to drop of water from glycogen storage. 1lb/day is not uncommon for fasting mass loss.

Do you watch what you eat after fasting?
Do you have a cheat meal?

Attached: pizza.jpg (1600x900, 437K)

Delete this

42 hours into my 168 hour fast. the first day was hell but it’s been pretty easy today

Seriously. Beyond 4 days, the only difficult part is the sheer boredom from the lack of stimulus food provides.

Take up a hobby or educate yourself fucking zoomers

Just eat a nice nutrient dense keto refeed, why binge and feed poor habits?

I was thinking some chicken soup, maybe some pho minus noodles. It's not very dense and probably won't mess with my sensitive digestion.

Because I'm not doing keto and I want to have something nice once a week.

I just eat a large portion of meat and cheese. Marinated mozzarella & pepperoni or spicy dry salami is my latest favorite

First time fasting and haven't eaten since last night (I'd say around 9PM PST). I've been drinking water every now and currently just reading/studying but I feel tired and I don't know why. I got 9 hours of sleep last night. Any ideas?

Planning on eating tomorrow at around 11AM PST or noon.

Attached: tumblr_p4mnumCskO1wq784vo2_540.jpg (540x810, 131K)

For a first fast, I would recommend trying for a 72 hour to get well into ketosis. The difference between ketosis and glucose burning is quite large and you will likely feel better prolonging the fast rather than shorter ones. If you feel lightheaded take some salt.

Thats the thing. I tend to lose interest in nearly everything when I'm deep into a fast. I'll just sit there, thinking about food. I can force myself to watch something, but I don't get pleasure from it.

What you just said, just do the opposite of that okay? Is that too hard for you?

Can I put snake juice ingredients into chicken broth and sip that or will it break a fast? It says 0 calories but I'm cautious

Fasting is a meme. You will gain everything back in no time.

t. fatty with no self control

I try to eat OMAD at maintenance when I refeed, plus I make sure to either take a little epsom salt or add like 4 cups of spinach to my giant refeed so that I shit it out before next week's meal. Without either I hold shit in my colon for days and it feels fucking awful. The shit compresses the longer it's in there and the eventual act of shitting is usually excruciating. After 2 refeeds where I just ate a medium pizza, I'm pretty sure I could be a bottom to an Asian man without any lube because of how large my turds were.

who'd have thought not eating for 4 days results in weight loss. groundbreaking stuff user

I just ate almost a whole pizza since I'm gonna fast 36 hs.
It's pretty interesting how it changed though, while it's still pretty delicious I just couldn't feel satisfied. It's like was something especifically made to make eat more and more without ever stopping.
Shit's scary. I'll stick with my meat, veggies and oats.

What are the benefits of snake over oil a bullion cube broth drink a day? Is it just about sodium intake or is there some kind of hidden effect?

Attached: 1536990907586.jpg (997x995, 204K)

Less of an insulin spike

I ended up not eating anything, going to at least last until tomorrow, looking forward to seeing what the scale says

>1st week OMAD
>Lost 4 kgs
>Day 8 OMAD
>Gained weight
>Nothing changed in food routine
NANI?

Attached: 1511570742831.png (684x355, 338K)

You gained more weight from where you started, or from your last few days?

from yesterday weigh-in

I have been doing a cube or two a day when I go beyond four days. What causes snek oil not to cause an insulin spike and does it matter much if you're not eating anyways?

Stop being a literal bitch weighing yourself everyday
THERES FLUCTUATIONS
and also you may be eating too much in your one meal a day

>weighing yourself daily

full retard

Attached: 1515567360551.png (300x168, 127K)

>Began fasting in August
>Lost nearly over 30 pounds since
>Lose about a pound a week due to drinking on weekends and eating if my parents ask so they don't know I'm fasting
>Joined gym a tick under 2 weeks ago
>Started doing stationary bike stuff to ease into running since that worked when I had a cycling class in college
>Usually do an hour at 5/25 resistance and spend maybe 60% of it at target heart rate
>Legs usually feel like ass after but little to no soreness the next day
>Usually take a day off every other or every 2 days anyway to be safe
>Stalled at 190lbs last week
Is it possible that I'm building small amounts of muscle in my legs, and being that muscle weighs more than fat, it's evening out and my weight stayed the same? This week I seem to have finally dropped a pound, but that was still a stall of a week.

Use your belly circumference and visceral fat as reference.
Your balance is unrealiable and changes all the time even when you just drink water.

Guys...what about pickle juice instead of snake piss?