How can I fix my deadlift form?

imgur.com/a/2EkdZSn

Here's my failed 75kg attempt.

Looks like my lower back is leading too much with not enough legs, but what should I do to improve? Any suggestions?

Ty.

Attached: FB_IMG_1531054998237.jpg (960x720, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v4f2MIrVTPA
youtube.com/watch?v=MiRAi2KOfRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should probably widen your stance a bit. Bring your hips down further so your torso isn't parallel to the floor.
Right now you squat the weight up until your knees lock out and then extend your back up.
Think about trying to push into them ground with your legs rather than standing up, helps me

The bar is never supposed to stop touching your body during the lift and you shoot up your hips too early. You need to raise your chest up at the same time as you raise your hips

Seconded
Sumo may be more comfortable for you at higher %s of 1rm
Also, learn to brace properly, screw your feet to the floor and spread it, an get your upper back tight. And learn to do it quick. You're taking forever to setup. You're not lifting 300kg+

Deadlift should move in two parts. Initial pull and lockout, from floor to just above knees is all leg then pull through back to lockout.
Starting with your ass a little lower might help. It’s not necessary, but I deadlift from a much lower stance than that.

If you think that's bad, watch my shitty Deadlifts from the other day.

youtube.com/watch?v=v4f2MIrVTPA

We all have to constantly work on our form, buddy. Watching videos on how you perform greatly helps identifying problems. I mean just look at my fucking worm back doing these lifts lol..

See I always assumed I needed to be pretty much level with the floor.

I'll have to try it with my chest higher and hips lower. Plus a slightly wider stance.

Thanks guys.

Attached: 1538090164830.gif (540x304, 1.35M)

Yeah what the fuck actual advice. Thanks for posting OP I needed help with my diddlies too

dude you didnt really ask for help in your comment but I am going to give it.

(1)You have rounded shoulders, not even just during the deadlift. Just walking around.

do facepulls nigga
youtube.com/watch?v=MiRAi2KOfRQ
do them all the time and never stop.

(2) Burn that fucking shirt dude.

Attached: 1515933250362.gif (261x210, 1.58M)

Stop looking in the mirror during your lift, head an neck should be neutral, ie in the same line as your spine. Get your hips lower.

The shirt stays, bro. I would wear a monkey face shirt if I could find one in my size. idgaf :D

As for my shoulders, you are correct. This is what 15 years working in front of a computer does to your body. I've only had a couple of months trying to correct my physique, but I've got a long way to go.

I'll look into Jeff's video. Thanks :)

The video is great. It might explain why I am having trouble with pull-ups as well, in spire of knowing HOW to do them.

Thank you! I'll definitely adding this to my routine.

the size of the shirt is the problem bro, just trust me.

and I know about the rounded shoulders because I have had them myself from the same as you.

I also had Posterior pelvic tilt(PPT), which was a contributing factor. So look into that or APT(anterior pelvic tilt), which is the more common of the two.

Attached: 1514858776083.jpg (1200x1804, 328K)

It's just a $2 shirt from China. Low cost, low effort, zero fucks given. I assume you want me to get a larger size? :)

My body is all kinds of fucked up. 4 months ago I was really skinny fat, but I have managed to at least burn off a lot of the belly fat that looked horrible.

My posture and overall physique is _a_ goal, but not the main goal, although I am beginning to realize how connected it all is.

General tip: don't get hung up on posture etc.

Getting stronger and doing big lifts is corrective by it's very nature. Don't stop doing big lifts till you fix your posture, big lifts will help fix it.

Hip hinge. Weak medial glutes/maximus and hammies. Don't go to sumo, it will only make you forget about your problems.

Look up hip hinge strengthening, see a physical therapist, or just do hip work and hamstring balance like resistance band side steps, clamshells, single leg glute Bridges toe up...

A good physical therapist is the fastest solution because they'll diagnose any weakness beyond what I can see in this video

Aye, but the point of the video was to highlight any problems with my deadlift form. I did nothing but meme exercises for 4 months, because that's all my personal trainer made me do.

Now that I'm on my own I'm doing SS 3 days a week, and cardio during the off days. That means that I'm doing (or attempting to do) deadlifts, squats, overhead press and bench press (alternating). Adding to that I guess face pulls from ol' buddy Jeff will be a fundamental part as well.

Only thing wrong with this is that you don't lock it out.

>You should probably widen your stance a bit. Bring your hips down further so your torso isn't parallel to the floor.
Widening the stance would do him absolutely nothing. His starting position is fine. There is no need for him to bring his hip up either. The only thing that will happen is that when he starts the lift his hip will go up first and end up in the position it is in now.

His torso being parallel to the floor is not wrong either.

The only thin wrong here is his lockout where his torso is tilted forward instead of straight up.

Lower the weight and keep doing what you are doing except that you stand upright at the top.

The reason you are leading with your lower back is because the weight is heavy for you. Deload with 20kilo and work your way up.

>The video is great. It might explain why I am having trouble with pull-ups as well, in spire of knowing HOW to do them.
No, its because you are weak.

>His torso being parallel to the floor is not wrong either.

you're correct, his torso being parallel to the floor is just a function of his anthropometry and not something he can fix

but i almost never see people who end up with this torso angle deadlift conventional successfully for a long time without getting badly hurt eventually, almost everyone is beyond end range hip flexion ROM with that kind of torso angle and that makes keeping a neutral spine incredibly difficult

even if it's a little less optimal for strength development, i think he should try sumo

If that was the case I shouldn't be able to pull almost 1.5 times my own body weight with a lat pulldown machine, but only get 3/4 of a way towards one complete pull-up.
It's a matter of technique. I can't seem to activate my lats, and instead end up trying to pull myself up with my arms.

Do I have long/short legs/torso or something?

long torso and short arms, which makes your torso angle near parallel to the floor (and as a bonus your long torso is acting as a huge lever arm)

i would honestly advise you to ignore the trolling and bullshit on this website and just give sumo a try for a few months, my guess is that you will be able to deadlift a lot more this way and be a lot safer doing it

>but i almost never see people who end up with this torso angle deadlift conventional successfully for a long time without getting badly hurt eventually
That is something that goes beyond my experience and knowledge. I don't think it would matter until he reached very high numbers and i think it would be wrong for him to change his set up and technique now, as its very good how it is now. But i also find it questionable that you say people with this type of anthropometry end up getting badly hurt eventually and i i can't accept that as fact without more info on that. He should not try sumo. He should keep doing what he is doing.

Lat pull downs have very little carryover to chin ups. Lots of people can do lat pulls down better than chin ups and that is not because of technique but because pull ups are harder.

FUCK she's painting sigmarines. My god this is tripping my /tg/ Warhammer fantasy autism.

Attached: 1537088062925.jpg (1085x1498, 180K)

Bitches need to thin their paints