Boxing

Why haven't you took up boxing?
>great mix of calisthenics and weight work out
>better endurance than distance running
>best way to learn how to fight
Truly the best way to get in shape.

Attached: Brad_Pitt_boxing.jpg (1600x1001, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/21/50-cent-floyd-mayweather-harry-potter_n_5698335.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070502093035.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

did my 2nd kickboxing class today

i enjoyed it desu

no boxing gym in my area

otherwise i would have

Not even a MMA gym? If not buy some wraps, gloves and shadow box. Maybe get a bag in the future

Contact sports are a really great way to get into great shape. I did wrestling and rugby my senior year and I I got into extremely good shape.

>endurence
> calisthenics
> athletic physique
>theyre fun af

i don't have the wingspan for it i'm 6'2 with a 6'1 wingspan

There are different boxing styles for a reason. Look into in boxers

>2018
>despite the vastly infinite studies on how bad it is to get concussions and brain damage, literal brainlets still make threads encouraging others to get hit in the head in a truly Neanderthal sport, not realzing how poorly their cognitive function will perform in a few mere years

I already do Thai boxing.

t.

Attached: 154564.jpg (600x600, 64K)

you dont have to compete dumbass, and light sparring isnt going to give you brain damage

You wish

Literally a brainlet response

I don't have a gym in my area, could I just buy a bag and watch some videos to get a good workout?

Learn the basics the best you can. Try and find an actual person if possible but youtube could do well enough.

Thinking of joining my local boxing gym but its ghetto as fuck. And I feel as a socially retarded 4channer I wouldn't fit in.

Striking arts are not for beginners, grappling and takedown arts are first .

I prefer grappling. Striking doesn't feel natural for me. I can respect that you may like it better desu.

I wish you weren’t a faggot is what I wish

Let's just wrap ourselves in cotton wool so we can all make it to rip age of 100 where we can all end up in state sponsored care home shitting into an adult sized nappy, being fed shit food, trapped in a bed watching the world go by while we ponder whether the risk free life we lived was worth the extra decade or two.

Keep sparring, take risks and enjoy yourselves.

You don't need to buy shit to shadow box.

Only then can you master the BLADE

Attached: 1446577576300.gif (287x344, 141K)

>Why haven't you took up boxing?
huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/21/50-cent-floyd-mayweather-harry-potter_n_5698335.html
have fun with your 70 remaining iq

Yes it will. I saw a study where it was like 8 blows to the head on average per sparring session and it was enough to cause measurable brain damage.

You don't have to compete to box, basedboy. It's still one of the absolute best workouts you can do

Would one of these work well? I don't exactly have a place with much space to hang up a bag.

Attached: freestand.jpg (1200x741, 100K)

>Be me
>Mechanical engineer
>boxer for the past 5 years
>I love it
>My employer loves it
>Women loves it, shadowbox as warmup before lifting (shoulders, arms etc.). They come and ask if I'm a fighter
>Great tinder-pick of me boxing without shirt showing gains and a perfect left hook.
>Works great with my lifting
>Sometimes scars on my face, but what the fuck, does it even matter you faggot

All in all, don't compete if you don't want, don't go pro, your filthy brain will be ok.

And yes, one more thing!
>you are a cuck.

All you have to do to get along with blacks, and browns is give off a positive vibe, that's it.

If you enjoy it you probably aren't pushing hard enough

don't buy these, they are meme bags, you need to hang a 50, 80 or 100 lb bag. Hang it from the cross beams in your attic

Too busy studying

You wish you had your cognitive functions back at their normal level you turbonigger

Post bod

>thinking the only way he can feel manly is if he gets knocked in the face and head a couple times a week
Sad

Let’s be honest here, you and I both know you aren’t promoting boxing for the “workouts” or “endurance” you get. Those are benefits but not why you do it. You do it and are promoting it for fighting, not for working out. And with fighting, you decrease your cognitive abilities

The decline to notice your decreased cognitive abilities don’t appear for years or decades after the event(s) of the head trauma. But I wouldn’t expect a brainlet like you to know that or research it beforehand, maybe were already witnessing your lack of memory, concentration, focus, and critical thinking based on your retarded post.

Attached: B7484272-5E9F-4300-87A5-8874B657838B.png (785x757, 123K)

why not a 200 pound bag

Hit and don't get hit. You won't turn in to Muhammad Ali-like Parkinson. There is boxing for motion purpose, good way of cutting and meeting people. But it is a good feeling to be in the ring, sparring, or even competing. All of your primitive instincts come to life and you are there, fighting, punching, ducking, weaving, calculating and trying to figure out your opponent while others, boys and girls are watching, miring and cheering. High-speed chess I'd say, and I compare to chess since i've been playing chess all m life. You create traps, you feint, you jab towards you opponents stomach for 2 rounds. Then all of a sudden you throw a "half-jab" towards his stomach, and at the same time you are throwing an overhand-right on his chin. Fucking things up for the opponent. Boy, I really can't the feeling, I really can't. I know your fear, I had it too. But to succeed, you better overcome those fears and learn to fall in order to rise.

>comparing boxing to chess

You spelled jui jitsui wrong

everyone who says you dont take head trauma in full contact sports are some nerd fucks with glasses who practice 1-2 times a week in their touch butt gyms

i competed in taek won do and did mma through highschool and college and i absolutely got knocked out, nose shattered 3 times, both collarbones destroyed, probably minor brain damage from all the hits, and micro fractures behind my fucking eyes

"haha no u dont get hit haha" fucking pussy desk job faggots who shadowbox and never compete talking about sport..

the point is u have to be genetically gifted + ready to take some serious fucking pounding. Most people ull encoutner in boxing/MMA arent ppl who browse anime boards, but mostly thug low class bald pieces of shit who know violence from earliest memories. So you will definitely get fucked up

Sounds like u just suck.

I have.

But you can get used to the feelings of wraps and gloves

Some people like the suffering. Aren't you enjoying suffering?

I did muay thai for a year and I've just stopped to smash the gym for at least till January next year. A guy I used to pair up with a lot because he was a senior in th gym and was good at teaching me shit used to push it sometimes with his practise combos, throwing an elbow right close to my face to show me a proper way to do it an shit, most of the time with no prior warning. Hit me only once or twice but every time I was like mate, dont do that. I was realtively wary about damaging my teeth with shit like that. Clinching was fun, I got pretty good. I'm thinking of taking up normal boxing for maybe 6 months in 2019 just to get a little better at footwork and defence.

> jiu jitsu
You spelled gay sex wrong.

Haha nice one. I'd say that all combat sports is some sort of "chess". All time thinking what your next move is and so forth...

Lol

How did you get your collarbones done?
Nose I understand, I've been hit many times there. But your collarbones?

post said study or you're a faggot.

falls like this. both times

i gotta admit it hurts like a bitch

Attached: 9176212202d101097385z.jpg (600x399, 37K)

You sound like a huge cuck justifying his own irrational violent behavior and causing self-harm

I re-read your post and realised I misread mma as muay thai. I understand completely now lol..... I'm tired leave me alone

>>great mix of calisthenics and weight work out
Fucking what

>just moved to new University
>am in maths class
>sit next to this really skelly guy
>starts talking about his Martial art he trains
>start getting interested and ask question
>he goes on about how its the most deadly martial are there is
>im thinking holy fuck the stories ive
read in the past are real
>ask him what it is
>mfw he says wing chun

Attached: fucking hell.png (228x198, 37K)

>accuses others of low IQ
>posts huffingtonpost

>goes from taekwondo to mma
>is surprised when his shit gets knocked
Maybe you did get hit a couple too many times on the head

Because I am clinically depressed and have no motivation to do anything

Lifting and working out cures depression

I do that (rack and weights in garage), but it doesn't help. I'm even seeing a therapist.

>Better endurance than distance running.
No. It's two entirely different kinds of energy metabolism. Distance running will train aerobic endurance and boxing will give you some aerobic endurance and a lot of anerobic endurance.

A boxer made the thread, you’ll have to take his damaged cognitive abilities and low IQ from all the concussions into consuderation when replying to him. Of course he was too stupid to not compare long distance running to boxing. He’s basically retarded. It’s better not to reply to people like that sometimes. It’s like parking in a handicap parking spot. It just isn’t “right”.

mein neger. working out does make me feel better but it doesnt help with delusions or mania

>not pushing yourself because you enjoy it
Never gonna make it

Maybe you're just bad. TKD is memetier for fighting, and MMA striking is absolute shit.

Should've studied a real martial art or even the blade

Attached: DnvB1RoXgAEJNpD.jpg (1029x1200, 187K)

Started muay thai at 20 and practiced 3 times a week for two years. Sparred with guys who fought pro and for belts. The difference between a pro and an amateur is gigantic, it's like they've left their humanity behind. Although they obviously suffer from brain damage and can hardly hide it, be it in their usual reactions or the way they talk. It did however make me a man as someone who grew up with a single mother and on the bad side made me way too confident about myself. I hardly fear anyone or anything now since I fought with probably the top 0.5% in terms of fighting capabilities and held my ground. Shameless bragging but being 6'3 and 230lbs helps. Anyway I did during the time of practicing muay thai had very strange reactions such as nervous spasms, where I suppose my body would recreate the damage I recieved during sparring sessions. Was weird altogether but it ended when I took a 6 months break and hasn't happened since. To the anons looking to start a combat sport, do it it will tremendously shape you into a man and a kinder human overall allowing you to understand what real strength is and that size doesnt really matter in a fight, it's all about heart and attitude. But be aware that the damage will be done if you don't train at a pussy gym and spar somewhat regularly, either stop sparring or do it really lightly after a while or take a break like I did if you value your brain cells in the slightest. Hope this wall of text will serve useful for whoever happens to read it.

Hands full with bjj, judo and wrestling. But I'd like to have more time to train boxing basics.

Attached: tumblr_nb7o0eJoPs1tcfs15o1_400.gif (300x321, 1.96M)

Oh and also, boxing, muay thai and kickboxing are probably the only sports I would consider if you're looking for a REAL combat sport. The rest is meme tier. Except for mma and wrestling that are more ground focused than striking focused.

gotta agree with the other dude you sound like a little bitch desu

>shadowbox as warmup before lifting
are you ethnic?

Attached: download (4).jpg (259x194, 5K)

>name calling a person you don’t even know just because they don’t want to get brain damage
What are you, a bully? An internet troll?

Cardio kickboxing doesn't count

I remembered it wrong, it was 7 to 8 times more likely than NFL players to have brain damage after a fight where 15 blows to the head or more occurred or something like that.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070502093035.htm

How many times do you get hit in the face on average when you spar? It wasn't a big study but bros we're talking about a sport where the goal is to punch each other in the face... It's gonna give you brain damage.

Show us on the doll where boxing touched you user

hahahaha holy shit. I tried to show bjj to my female flatmate just before, legit was like "oh this is kind of a sex position, but it's not sexual"

have been doing muay thai for about 6 months now, always wanted to get into boxing but there are no real gyms in my area. ive been enjoying muay thai alot and alway leave practice dead dont think ill transition into boxing but i will always respect a boxers hands

Wing-chun people are insufferable to be honest. It's decent, like any martial art. Nothing is this "it'll fucking kill you instantly" bullshit. Bet he went to a class for a month and watched a movie or two. I dont believe anyone that says their martial art is the best. I practise bjj and muay thai and I think they're good but I know that there are more elements and there are holes in their respective games, ya dig?

good shit user. I know a guy at my gym, when I started, had a fight. He came back and I've never seen brain damage up close before to be honest. talking slow, bad reaction timing; really dull eyes. It was fucking wild to me. I really was shook. He's a great fighter but fuck me if that didn't scare the daylights into me. Such a great sport and you're exactly right about the confidence but yeah, the humanity you leave behind in that ring is real shit.

Tbqh girls will find a way to make fucking anything sexual

>Better endurance than distance running

You have never boxed then since roadwork is one of the most important things in boxing.

Obligatory copypasta:

God tier:
>boxing
>free/folk

Good tier:
>muay thai
>sambo
>judo
>greco

Aggressive buttscoot meme tier:
>bjj

Trash tier:
>every else

Super special double trash tier:
>aikido

>best way to learn how to fight
>anything other than jiu jitsu

pick one pls

of course. it's really their only value, why would they not

what's free/folk? Also aikido is the shit, are you telling me that Steven Seagal isn't able to throw those guys around like putty? you need to hit the gyms, you won't even be allowed to spar if you know aikido. Too lethal. Steven Seagal taught Aikido to Navy SEALS bro; he was a CIA tutor in the deadly arts.

Idk about you, but the tactile feeling of making hard contact with a heavy bag is the best. Even non-bag work isn't that bad.

This but unironically

Attached: 9EF79EEC-00E2-4595-8B38-9B64558815DA.jpg (940x550, 111K)

Freestyle is the kind of wrestling done in the Olympics where you can grab the opponent's legs. Folkstyle is the kind done in the US high schools. Greco is the other olympic one that comes from ancient olympics which is basically judo without the gi.

Oh yeah wrestling is the shit.

My chemistry professor does aikido kek

Also: muay thai > boxing

1. Muay Thai
2. BJJ
3. Boxing
4. Wrestling
5. Judo

Dog Shit:
Capoeira

Boxing has a low base skill floor and is very accessible, but a decent MT fighter would kill a decent boxer.

stop being such a pussy

Im a 5'7 manlet. Nothing fighting related will ever work

as someone that was a mediocre wrestler in high school and beat the everloving shit out of everyone in all 3 bjj gyms I walked into, I'd like to let you know that bjj is a niche art that is only practical for someone on the ground in a 1v1 scenario. even in that event, anyone (such as a mediocre fuck like myself) will still ground and pound you to all hell.
>unless on feet, gets dropped on neck
>can't scramble for shit
>thinks the long con works in anything but MMA

100% of the time bjjfags have been so full of themselves I never felt bad suplexing them on the shit mats they had. most of them just need a reality check.

>fighting decreases cognitive abilities
care to elaborate? Got some shitty base-boy tier article to site?

>getting hit in the head repeatedly can't possible negatively effect your fucking brain
holy shit dude

better cope with computer science

You accurate raggedy bitch

Just like how anything could cause cancer, everything comes with at least some risk. If 99% of professional boxers can handle being hit for 30+ minutes by punches that are 4-5x stronger than an average person's blows, then you're fine.

Thr workout part is fun, but I need all of my brain so I'm not down for much sparring.

>>better endurance than distance running
>I'll go and be at it for 3 minutes at a time! Fuck yeah! I got way better endurance than those runners who do 1 hour long tempo runs and run continously up hard hills and double workouts! Their endurance for long 4 hour runs is nothing to me sparring for 3 minutes!
Boxers are this dumb.

Wingspan definitely helps, im 6' with a 6'8" wingspan. Im like a shrunken jon jones. You still gotta put in hella effort to git gud though

>implying boxing training is 3 minute rounds.
Not saying that boxers will be better marathon runners than people who train explicitly for marathons, but my conditioning days in boxing are primarily 45+ minutes of straight cardio with very little rest. Lots of bodyweight stuff on top of heavybag drills. I have only been boxing for 2 months or so, but the difference in my cardio is insane. I am so much more resilient now. I could kick the shit out of the me of 3 months ago in a fist fight or a run 10/10 times now.