Biggest stars in combat sports

With a 6 month crash course in take down defense could Canelo Alvarez beat Conor Mcgregor in an MMA fight?

Attached: McGregor-vs-Alvarez.jpg (1024x576, 365K)

no, eventually conor will drag him to the mat and that's it. Conor will look like Khabib. People don't give his grappling enough credit. That very first tdd sequence was impressive, even though he was eventually taken down.

After all the cokes and hookers just about anyone can take on Conor at the moment

Not fucking really. What he should've done was to straighten his legs out and push down on Khabib's head down to the ground while circling out instead of just wrapping his hands around Khabib's waist. If you think his takedown defense was good you don't know shit about grappling.

>hurrr duurrrr i could beat one of the greatest mma fighters he should have done this!

Attached: cuphead.jpg (635x665, 130K)

shit is easier said than done when facing an elite level grappler like khabib. conor definitwly did better than most in the first round but his weak stamina caused him to get completely dismanteled in the second sealing mcgregors fate as the fight dragged on

>t. Never did any contact sports in his life

If you ever wrestled they'd teach you to never ever put your head outside the leg when you're going for a single leg. A proper takedown defense would defend you against a takedown especially on an all or nothing single leg dive Khabib did from a fucking mile away.

In mma? Absolutely not. Canelo would get embarrassed just like Conor did in his boxing match.

While his takedown defense isnt great, he was also facing someone who specializes in wrestling dude. Even people with great takedown defense have gotten rekt by Khabib

Absolutely not. Conor will not be in boxing range for more than half a second. Kickboxing and boxing ranges are two TOTALLY different worlds. Have you seen Canelo's legs? 2 leg kicks from a distance where Canelo can't even put a hand on Conor, and Canelo will realize he has absolutely NOTHING for Conor in this world. Canelo would need 3 years working with Jordan Burroughs and Tyrone Spong, while Conor rails coke and sandblasts hookers for it to be competitve.

HOWEVER, if Conor stepped in the ring with Canelo, boxing only? We might witness the first legitimate murder in boxing. There are LEVELS to these things, and Conor is WORLDS ahead in 9 out of 10 categories inside the octagon. But in pure boxing? Canelo has damn near perfected the art (save NoMasChenko)

That being said, I don't know why in the build up to MayMac this wasn't brought up more. If I was Conor, every time Mayweather started flashing checks or yelling about his record, I would have simply said "I could kill you right now and there would be nothing you could do to stop me". I mean, if they had legit beef on the street, Conor could put Floyd to sleep, break every one of his limbs and stick his thumb up his ass until Floyd called him daddy and there would be nothing Floyd could do. Why didn't Conor harp on that more? "If we met outside I could literally kill you in seconds and there would be nothing you could do about it" would be definitive as fuck, and NO ONE could argue anything different.

TL;DR: No, Canelo gets his legs chopped down, teeped to the stomach until Conor wants to take him down and bang elbows through his skull or choke him out, but in boxing, Conor's head becomes a souvenir to a lucky fan in the nosebleeds.

I'm talking about that one single leg defense, not the level of grappler they are. Khabib is a great and creative wrestler but that low single at the start of the match was kinda sloppy. Either way Conor has no stamina to keep him up long enough against Khabib even if he was to defend himself from that single.

t. 1951 Pennsylvania state wrestling 126lb runner-up

Isn't a high-crotch just a single-leg with the head on the outside?

Even if he had the stamina, Khabib is on another level. The only competitor I see giving him a run for his money is mighty mouse

conor is ligthyears behind khabib in wrestling, anyone who doesn't know how to wrestle is ligthyears behind conor in wrestling, conor is a counter puncher, why would conor even bother to submit canelo, while canelo would do to conor in boxing to what khabib did to conor in wrestling, canelo in a mma would get destroyed with leg kicks and then countered into oblivion

Connor's grappling is better than people give him credit for, but everyone else in the top of the light weight divsion are blackbelts or life time grapplers.
So underrated isn't good enough.

No. The gulf in skill is fucking huge. If you don't know BJJ you will get strangled in a matter of seconds by anyone with that level of experience. They can just pull guard because they don't care if you're on top. You don't know what you're doing so they have nothing to fear. I choked a kid out who was a state high school champion wrestler in like 20 seconds when he took me down in a fight. No way I could stop his takedown and no way he could stop me from choking him.

it is. this guy is just acting smarmy because his singlet is riding up his ass. We're only saying Conor did better than expected, not that he's some Kyle Dake tier wrassler now.

Is like people forget ali vs inoki. Inoki almost killed ali with leg kicks alone.

Attached: n-aliinoki-a-20160608-870x768.jpg (870x768, 74K)

Imagine if they fought under current UFC rules. Night night Ali

Pretty much but you got different stuff for high crotch and vanilla single legs and the receiving end gotta react differently too.

Underrated post. Based Inoki.

conor woukd eat canelos lunch